The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-05-2009, 06:03 PM
Heir Apparent

The wedding sermon can be found here, in French:
Homélie de Mgr Philippe Brizard - France Catholique

Old 05-05-2009, 06:31 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Please note that we do not allow an open discussion of other forums/message boards on this forum. Feel free to continue the exchange by personal message though

--------------
More pictures from Dutch royalty watcher mardam:

Wedding Jean and Philomena

Old 05-06-2009, 01:49 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
No Duc d'Anjou?
No magnik. Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, the duke of Anjou, and his wife Maria Margarita weren't invited by Jean d'Orlans.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:27 AM
Aristocracy

I don't like her wedding dress, there are too much stuff on in it, and al those colours. I like the tiara but not for a wedding.
Old 05-06-2009, 06:41 AM
Heir Presumptive

Vincent ,
Now that the wedding is over , where are living the Duc and Duchesse of Vendome ? I suppose they are both working. Could you explain what kind of work they are doing.
I want to thank you for the way you informed us about this important french royal wedding and I congratulate you once more for your perfect english..
Old 05-06-2009, 01:11 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by magnik View Post
No Duc d'Anjou?
Quote:
Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 View Post
No magnik. Luis Alfonso de Bourbon, the duke of Anjou, and his wife Maria Margarita weren't invited by Jean d'Orlans.

Actually, it depends on whom you consider to be the rightful Duc d'Anjou. The Count of Paris, head of the House of Orleans, bestowed the title of Duke of Anjou on Charles-Philippe, son of Prince Michel of Orleans (Count of Evreux) in 2004. Prince Charles-Philippe married the Duchess of Cadaval last year, and both were present at the wedding of the Duke and Duchess of Vendome on May 2nd. In other words, many would say that the Duke and Duchess of Anjou were indeed present at the wedding of Prince Jean of Orleans and Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart.

On the other hand, the Legitimists (who believe in the strict application of Salic Law and therefore support the claim of the elder branch of the Bourbon dynasty) consider Luis Alfonso de Borbon y Martinez-Bordiu to be the rightful Duke of Anjou. Since Luis Alfonso's claim to the French throne stands in direct opposition to that of the Orleans branch, of course he wasn't invited to the wedding at Senlis.
Old 05-06-2009, 01:58 PM
Gentry

Marengo,

Thank you for reminding me; This is what i appreciate here. And my writing what i did was completely out of place and a bit rude.
Old 05-06-2009, 02:06 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincent View Post
Marengo,

Thank you for reminding me; This is what i appreciate here. And my writing what i did was completely out of place and a bit rude.

You weren't alone, Vincent. I am sorry, too.
Old 05-06-2009, 04:00 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Since Luis Alfonso's claim to the French throne stands in direct opposition to that of the Orleans branch, of course he wasn't invited to the wedding at Senlis.
It wasn't evident.
Last year, when the Pope Benoit XVI came to Paris, we saw the duke of Vendme shaking the duke of Anjou's hand.
We could hope that Jean d'Orlans would invite Luis Alfonso de Bourbon to his wedding to show a picture of peace in this dynastic quarrel to all the french monarchists. But unfortunately it's not for today...
Old 05-06-2009, 07:36 PM
Heir Presumptive

If he had invited him it would have meant that TWO Ducs d'Anjou would have been present....not a funny situation !
Old 05-07-2009, 12:11 AM
Royal Highness

Cool

Has the Groom's mother left the hospital? It was a shame that she was taken ill and had to miss her son's wedding.
Old 05-07-2009, 04:27 AM
Super Moderator

2 short Videos

http://la-couronne.over-blog.com/article-30961710.html

Royal Travel and Events

Old 05-07-2009, 08:56 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 View Post
It wasn't evident.
Last year, when the Pope Benoit XVI came to Paris, we saw the duke of Vendme shaking the duke of Anjou's hand.
We could hope that Jean d'Orlans would invite Luis Alfonso de Bourbon to his wedding to show a picture of peace in this dynastic quarrel to all the french monarchists. But unfortunately it's not for today...
Well, I think diplomacy is very important in these occasions; and since two Dukes of Anjou cannot be present, and considering that one of them is a cousin of the groom, and that the other one has not good relations with other guests (Spanish Royal Family members), it's comprehensible that he has been not invited...
Old 05-07-2009, 11:33 AM
Aristocracy

You are right. Probably two dukes of Anjou couldn't be at the same time at the same wedding. It's not easy...

Well, I have a question ; does anyone knows if princess Alix of Ligne was invited to the wedding? I know that her parents Michel of Ligne and Eleonora of Orleans-Braganza were present because I saw them on a picture, but I don't know for the daughter.
Old 05-07-2009, 12:31 PM
Nobility

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post

Thanks for posting these, Stefan! There is nothing like seeing the protagonists in action.
Old 05-10-2009, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

I love royal weddings. While I loved her shrug/bolero, I HATED that tiara. Really did not match her wedding ensemble.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 05-12-2009, 08:55 AM
Heir Presumptive

I wad glad to see some juwelry of the late Comtesse de Paris on her daughters :
Princess Claude was wearing her diamand necklace
Princess Chantal was wearing one of ther famous brooches
Princess Anne's daughter Christine , Mrs Lopez Quesada was wearing a brooch that was sold at the Comtesse de Paris auction , two letters YM.
Thanks to Vincent, altough it was difficult to see Chritine's brooch because they were not a lot of pictures of her..She should have been dressed as the Duchess of Castro.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Royallife View Post
I don't like her wedding dress, there are too much stuff on in it, and al those colours. I like the tiara but not for a wedding.
At first glance it was too busy with too many colours. It reminded me of Princess Olga's of Greece dress. (minus the head piece).
Then it is much more honest these days to show up in something with a bit of colour than a virginal white after being married for 5 weeks.
However she should have done away with that blue ribbon. Her midrift is getting thick and it made her look "fuller".
There is a photo in the Church where the bride smiles at the groom and Philomena's profile looks eerily like her step mother in law.
Still it looked like a very happy get together for the family. Madame must be smiling up there.
Old 05-18-2009, 05:21 AM
Administrator

Posts discussing Prince Jean's siblings have been moved to the Royal Families of France thread.
Old 05-19-2009, 05:13 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow...I had eagerly anticipated seeing this particular bridal gown and boy was I suprised. And not in a good way either.

Can we talk, folks? I THOUGHT IT WAS UGLY. Just not very pretty at all, there was way too much going on!

I guess I just don't like Christian LaCroix designs that much. He created that mess worn by the latest Mrs Donald Trump and I had the same reaction...yuck!

The things that pass for haute couture...

Tags
duchess of vendome, duke of vendome, house of orleans, orleans