The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 03-27-2009, 08:56 PM
Heir Presumptive

Not at all

No, you just follow the procedure described on the site, I have been a member for years and I never had a Yahoo mail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by claudia View Post
Thank you Marengo, do you think that to participate there I must have a Yahoo mail?

Old 03-27-2009, 09:06 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by V.F.H.78 View Post
BTW, nobody told it but this week Point de Vue gave us four pages for the civil wedding of the prince Jean d'Orléans and Philomena de Tornos.
http://www.pointdevue.fr/img/upl/Thu..._3166_couv.jpg
We can, for example, see on a picture the count of Paris discussing with the duchess of Montpensier. And see the duke of Orléans parking his bicycle in front of the town hall!
Ah, and I thought we Dutch were the only ones on bycicles . I will certainly buy the issue as it seems rather promissing.

-
to pamk: you are right, the relgious wedding will be more 'grand' indeed, they even planned it on a location relatively close to an airport so it would be easier for the many international guests to reach the location.

Old 03-28-2009, 06:52 AM
Commoner

Did her mother attend the civil wedding? I saw a picture of the bride with her father, brother ans sister but none with her mother.
Old 04-06-2009, 04:59 AM
Aristocracy

Her mother didn't attend the civil wedding but she will be present at the religious wedding.
Old 04-07-2009, 02:46 PM
Commoner

Thank you. She wasn't to be mentioned as either present or absent which I found strange.
Old 04-07-2009, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent

I had a pleasure of watching a video provided by Marengo, which contained some footage of the civil ceremony. Special thanks to Marengo once again! I have to say that Princess Philomena was an epitome of a French chic in Christian Lacroix dress. At the same time, it would be fair to say that a white lace ensemble looked better in the video than on the photos. The couple seems to be happy and satisfied with each other. I am looking forward to seeing photos of religious ceremony.
Old 04-08-2009, 09:25 AM
Heir Presumptive

At the issue of the Point de Vue I read last week *3165, Philomena mentioned she will wear the head piece and tiara belonging to her family which have been worn by brides for the last 200 years.
Does anyone have a genealogical tree for her? It was mentioned before that she is a commoner. I would love to see her family tree and how aristocratic her background actually is. Thank you.
Old 04-08-2009, 10:16 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
At the issue of the Point de Vue I read last week *3165, Philomena mentioned she will wear the head piece and tiara belonging to her family which have been worn by brides for the last 200 years.
Does anyone have a genealogical tree for her? It was mentioned before that she is a commoner. I would love to see her family tree and how aristocratic her background actually is. Thank you.
See here. Her mother is from an noble austiran Family. And her paternal grandfather was the Secretary of the Count of Barcelona.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-08-2009, 10:29 AM
Heir Apparent

With due respect ... but the Secretary to Count of Barcelona is not a title, is it? At the same time, Princess Philomena's family tress seems to have a nice sprinkling of Counts, Barons, and people with "von" in their names.
Old 04-10-2009, 01:18 PM
Aristocracy

Prince Jean d'Orléans and Philomena are on the cover of the magazine Royals of may-june :
http://www.journaux.fr/images/revues/L9883H.jpg
Old 04-10-2009, 03:38 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
See here. Her mother is from an noble austiran Family. And her paternal grandfather was the Secretary of the Count of Barcelona.
Thank you Stefan. Looks like her lineage is Cuban, Hungarian and some Turkish among all else. Is this considered a noble heritage in terms of bloodline or just haute bourgeoisie?
Old 04-24-2009, 03:18 PM
Gentry

Just a piece of information for the fans; I am not betraying a secret, apparently some pictures were shot, in saying that the tiara Philomena will be wearing on the wedding day will be turquoises and diamonds; It is of modern design and belongs to her father's sister. Thought this migt iinterest yoou, one week before the wedding.
Old 04-24-2009, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Representative - Monaco and Sweden

Here are two pictures of the bride and her dress

Duchess of Vendome, Philomena de Tornos y Steinhart, bride of Prince
Jean d'Orleanse, with Christian Lacroix. The Princess is at the designer's
Faubourg Saint Honore atelier for a wedding dress fitting a little over
a week before her church wedding on May 2nd. Paris, France - 22/4/2009

Quite unusual such a presentation, but nice

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **
Old 04-24-2009, 04:44 PM
Gentry

the tiara is on the second picture on the left in it's box
Old 04-24-2009, 05:43 PM
Heir Apparent

From what I can see, the dress was very pretty (especially in the second photo). Have any photos from the religious ceremony been released?
Old 04-24-2009, 05:46 PM
Super Moderator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Denmark
Royal Blogger

Actually, the religious ceremony is May 2.
Old 04-24-2009, 05:48 PM
Heir Apparent

Oh, my silly mistake! Thank you, Princess Robijn! This explains why photos of the bride wearing the dress have not been released.
Old 04-25-2009, 03:53 AM
Gentry

Apparently there will be a big royal belgium delegation, prince Philippe, priincess Mathilde, princess A
Old 04-25-2009, 04:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Vincent , do you know why she is showing her dress, veil and tiara before the wedding..?
Is it for Christian Lacroix ?
Old 04-25-2009, 07:05 AM
Gentry

I have no idea. I only know the pictures were made officially, i guess all the magazines received them yesterday and were able to buy them to publish them. We did not. To tell you the truth, i could more or less write a big part of my article for the wedding now, as the informations seem to slip out of the secret every day.

Tags
duchess of vendome, duke of vendome, house of orleans, orleans