Prince Jean-Christophe Napoléon & Css Olympia von Arco-Zinneberg;19 Oct. 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Wow do the former royals sure turn out to these type of events. And a few of the minor royals from the reigning houses as well like Beatrice. And not so minor in the case of Luxembourg of course. But its no surprising. These families tend to socialize a lot more then we see the reigning houses (besides the ones closely related like the Scandinavians). Probably why we still see so many dynastic marriages among them.

The dress is certainly unique. I kind of like it, though not the cape part.

Adorable bridesmaids.

Seeing Beatrice there I once again feel Bea will have an even more posh guest list then her sister did. Unlike William and Kate who had the obligated royal guests, the York girls move privately in these circles. We often see Bea at these weddings. I'd not be surprised to see it reciprocated.

I actually love the converted tiara and earrings. The tiara is a wonderful example of converted jewelry done right.

I notice getty needs some editing on their photos better. There was a photo of Prince Laurent calling Maria Annuncieta his wife.

Last edited:
Was Prince Laurent of Belgium attending alone or was Princess Claire there?

I spotted Jaime de Marichalar(ex-husband of the Infanta Elena) and also Prince Christian of Hanover with his wife Princess Alessandra.?

Last edited:
Quite a wedding at invalided. Such an unfortunate or a dress. The jewels were beautiful as well as the little bridesmaids dresses, perfection

Princess Olympia's wedding dress was magnificent!! :flowers::flowers:

Not a fan of this dress. I just can’t seem to find any redeeming qualities about it.

Did the Austria-Este matriarch Margherita, Archduchess of Austria-Este attend too?

It was lovely to see Princess Marie-Françoise de Lobkowicz, Princess Maria Pia of Bourbon-Parma, Princess Tatiana Radziwiłł, Mrs. Fruchaud and Alix, Dowager Princess Napoléon.

Last edited:
No, she did not attend as for the former Grand daughter Arco of Z. Wedding.

We never saw such a lot of very old Royals ! Great , great Events with Princesses of the past.

No, she did not attend as for the former Grand daughter Arco of Z. Wedding.

Last year it was reported that she was too frail to attend and make the traqvel from her home (think she lives in Brussels)so it is probably also the case for this Wedding.

Apparently there was a ball at the chateau de Fontainebleau in the evening, not less ...

Last year it was reported that she was too frail to attend and make the traqvel from her home (think she lives in Brussels)so it is probably also the case for this Wedding.
Did she attend Prince Amadeo's wedding?

Apparently there was a ball at the chateau de Fontainebleau in the evening, not less ...
There was a big reception at Fontainbleu. Hopefully we'll get to see some pictures but so far there haven't been anything even on social media. I get that the couple wants to keep things private (to my knowledge for instance Jean-Christophe's sister is desperate to stay out of the spotlight) but if it hadn't been for social media posts we for instance wouldn't know that Countess Anna Theresa wore Empress Sisi's diamond stars during her wedding banquet.

Did she attend Prince Amadeo's wedding?

She was at Amedeo's wedding. One notable royal who did not attend that time was Queen Fabiola.

Yes, it's lovely to see some of the old royals since we don't really get to see them nowadays.

I wonder why the Savoys, Savoy-Aostas, Romanian, Bulgarian and the Scandinavian were not present too.

Last edited:
olympia's oscar de la renta wedding gown is simply gorgeous - probably one of my favourites already out of royal weddings! the church wedding being at invalides, and the reception at chateau de fontainebleau seem to me like perfect choices. a great royal wedding indeed!

I wonder why the Savoys, Savoy-Aostas, Romanian, Bulgarian and the Scandinavian were not present too.

Yesterday was also the reburial of Queen Mother Helen of Romania so the romanian Royal's couild not attend. Read somewehre that the Duke of Aosta attended it. But Princess Maria Pia of Savoy attended the Wedding together with her son Prince Dimitrii of Yugoslavia.

As for the scandinavian Royal don't think they are close to either the Bonapartes or the brides's Family.

The wedding guest list seemed to be over whelmingly non-reigning Catholic royalty and aristocrats. I was not at all surprised not to see anyone from the Scandinavian Houses present. I was surprised and delighted to see Beatrice of York.

I was also surprised NOT to see any of the Casiraghi-Grimaldi of Monaco, since Prince Albert has always appeared fairly chummy with French Royals including the Bonapartes.

But perhaps Prince Christian of Hanover was unofficially representing his step-family by his presence.

ETA: An evening ball at Fontainebleau sounds like pure old school 18th century magic! I so hope we get lots of photos...

Last edited:
The wedding guest list seemed to be over whelmingly non-reigning Catholic royalty and aristocrats. I was not at all surprised not to see anyone from the Scandinavian Houses present. I was surprised and delighted to see Beatrice of York.

I was thinking the same thing about the Catholic/Protestant thing.

Outside of personal relationships the invitation list was overwhelming Catholic.

I was also surprised NOT to see any of the Casiraghi-Grimaldi of Monaco, since Prince Albert has always appeared fairly chummy with French Royals including the Bonapartes.

But perhaps Prince Christian of Hanover was unofficially representing his step-family by his presence.

ETA: An evening ball at Fontainebleau sounds like pure old school 18th century magic! I so hope we get lots of photos...

It is logical that the reigning Houses distances themselves, as long as there is no family relation (Belgium/Luxembourg). The governments are accountable for their constitutional head of state. Attending the wedding of a bonapartist pretender or any former royal family is not something a reigning Royal House will do unless there is a private relationship with the bride or groom.

For an example, the wedding of Ernst of Hannover likewise had a limited representation from reigning Houses, while he is Protestant. Yes, Caroline of Hannover and her bunch. And the York girls. Also here counts: no private relationship with the bride or groom is no representation from a reigning Royal House.

Well, regardless of who did and did not attend this seemed to be a truly "Royal" wedding in the old fashioned elitist sense of the word.

High Nuptial Mass at Les Invalides in the center of Paris, likely with a Papal benediction. Evening ball at the former Royal domain of Fontainebleau.

And happily, not a TV celebrity or footballer in sight.

I can hardly wait for my next issue of Point de Vue.;)

Last edited:
Olympia was a beautiful bride and I'm warming up to her dress a little; I wasn't a fan of it at first though but it's certainly different and unusual. The little bridesmaids' dresses were adorable and the guest list was certainly impressive. I often think that the non-reigning houses seem to have bigger weddings than some of the reigning houses :D

Back
Top Bottom