Prince Ferdinand of Leiningen and Viktoria Luise von Preussen - 16 Sept. 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

eya

Imperial Majesty
City
-
Country
Greece
Religious wedding of Prince Ferdinand of Leiningen and Princess Viktoria Luise of Prussia, Hanover, Germany today 16 September 2017

https://www.rexfeatures.com/set/9064373

https://www.profimedia.cz/photo-bank.product-detail/similar/default/349532374

https://www.ppe-agency.com/show.php?zoektype=2&search=16-09-2017 Wedding

Do we know whether VL's brother is still married to the lady von Salza and Lichtenau? They apparentely have a five year old son but haven' t been seen together for a while now.

The lady with the pink hat is the Princess Anna Catharina

https://static1.main-echo-cdn.de/storage/image/3/1/6/8/3848613_galerie-bild_1pLm52_OO3kHn.jpg
https://static1.main-echo-cdn.de/storage/image/9/1/6/8/3848619_galerie-bild_1pLm6n_Txy2J4.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Good to see Prince Louis Ferdinand and his wife attending the wedding. And the bride is wearing the Prussian meander tiara. Let's hope that signals a reconciliation.

I can not see her eldest brother on the photos.

I hope Stefan will attend the wedding and post his pictures .

Last edited:
Thanks for the photos!
Princess Victoria's look was classic. However, she was overwhelmed by the tiara.

Princess Ekaterina's ensemble was awkward, whereas Princess Sophie's headpiece was unflattering. Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirovna's kokoshnik-style headpiece was ugly.

Last edited:
Good to see Prince Louis Ferdinand and his wife attending the wedding. And the bride is wearing the Prussian meander tiara. Let's hope that signals a reconciliation.

I can not see her eldest brother on the photos.

There where also lots of other members of the Prussia Family. Prince Christian Sigismund with Family, Princess Marie-Cécile. Duchess of Oldenburg, Prince Franz Wilhelm too name a few.
Don't hink there is much if any contact to her half-brother. It was also told that the bride didn't have much contact too her late father in his later years.
I hope Stefan will attend the wedding and post his pictures .
Yes i was in Amorbach but i only came back home an half hour ago. Will take some time to go through my pictures.

Last edited:
:previous:

On the photos I see Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne of Baden, Prince Leopold of Baden, the Fuerst of Hohenzollern and his 2nd wife, the prince of Schaumburg Lippe and the H. Prince and Princess of Isenburg. Also there: the recently wedded Count Constantine and Pss Sophie of Lowenstein.

From the photos it seems the priest is a female, so that rules out the elder brother ;).

On the photos I see Prince Ludwig and Princess Marianne of Baden, Prince Leopold of Baden, the Fuerst of Hohenzollern and his 2nd wife, the prince of Schaumburg Lippe and the H. Prince and Princess of Isenburg. Also there: the recently wedded Count Constantine and Pss Sophie of Lowenstein.

From the photos it seems the priest is a female, so that rules out the elder brother ;).
There where lots of german nobles attending. inlduing Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Oehringen, Fürst and Fürstin of Hohenzollern, Duke Christian of Oldenburg with Family, Fürst Otto of Castell-Rüdenhausen with mother and siblings, the Fürstin of Hohenlohe-Langenburg, Prince Amedeo of Belgium , Hereditary Prince Ernst and Augst and Hereditary Pricness Ekaterina of Hannover, Prince Christian of Hannover with his fiancée Alessandra, Prince Otto of Hannover and many more.

Do you know Stefan if on the Royal Guest List it was written Archduke Amedeo of Habsbourg-Este or Prince Amedeo of Belgium?

Do you know Stefan if on the Royal Guest List it was written Archduke Amedeo of Habsbourg-Este or Prince Amedeo of Belgium?

Have not seen the Guestlist and i also think there was none handed out to the Press

I am waiting Stefan's picture with more pictures of German Hoch Adel .
We saw e.a.pictures of Prince of Schaumburg Lippe because of his partner or his sunglasses?

Great photos the bride looked very lovely all bar the oversized tiara which I though was looking as if it would fall down.

Thank you, Stefan, for sharing your lovely photos. I'm looking forward to see those of the guests!

I agree that the tiara looked a bit on the large side. It was placed so far to the front that it looked a bit unbalanced. Sophie von Isenburg wore it a bit more to the back and that looked better. Still I think, that Viktoria Luise was a beautiful bride, and I'm delighted to see her with her great-grandmother's tiara.

Beautiful photos and wedding. The bride was stunning. But the tiara was big.

Why such a long wait between weddings? Are they considered legally married before the second one? I guess even if they conceived a baby between the two, the baby would be born after the religious anyways so legitimate either way.

The first wedding, the civil ceremony, is the only one that's considered legally. The religious wedding has no legal status in Germany, that's why there also has to be a civil wedding before the religious ceremony.

The civil ceremony was on 29th of April, 2017 in Amorbach.

Do we know whether VL's brother is still married to the lady von Salza and Lichtenau? They apparentely have a five year old son but haven' t been seen together for a while now.

The online Gotha only mentions a civil wedding in 2009, a child in 2012 but no religious wedding or divorce. I have no idea what the lady looks like but maybe Stefan or somebody else is able to identify her on the photos.

Last edited:

She was attending the Wedding together with him.

Last edited:
On Paul Theroff' s genealogy site the daughter isn't mentioned so this might be a hint that almost nothing is known of what they' re up to.
But thanks for the information:flowers:

Lovely pictures as always.
Is the old man on crutches pictured with Grand Duke Georgi, his father?
Yes that is his father. It was funny. Grand Duke Georgi left the reception together with his father then he went in again and an half hour later he left with his mother.
If you click on the pics you can see the names of the people in the desciption.

Back
Top Bottom