The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-10-2009, 11:22 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by lucien View Post
In the Belga picture set,pic number 7,he's even calling with whomever on his mobile phone: During the ceremony (!!!!!!!!!) and then
hands the darn thing to his fresh spouse!!??Have you seen that?
If I had to guess, I'd say they were on the mobile with Patriarch Ilia ("the man behind the marriage" ) who was in Germany for medical reasons and therefore unable to officiate.

Old 02-10-2009, 11:28 AM
Heir Apparent

Patriarch Ilia II did not officiate ... Is he so ill? I find it strange that Patriarch Ilia II withdrew from the ceremony due to health reasons.

Old 02-10-2009, 12:40 PM
Courtier

Apparently, the Georgian Patriarch was flown to Germany on February 4 after having been hospitalized in Tbilisi for a fever. Patriarch Ilia's health also prevented him from attending the enthronization of Russian Patriarch Kirill.

Some articles:
The Georgian Times on the Web: Comprehensive news site, daily international, national and local news coverage , breaking news updates, sports, reviews.
georgiandaily.com - Georgian Orthodox Patriarch Seeks Medical Treatment in Germany
Old 02-10-2009, 01:20 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for information! I hope that Patriarch Ilia II get well soon. Still it is odd that he was unable to officiate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crownprincessrhey View Post
I wonder if there were other European royalties present for the wedding
It is hard to tell because there are no photos of the reception. I am sure that Georgian mass media would have informed us about any singificant Royals attending the ceremony. My best guess is that diplomatic corps substituted the European Royal houses.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:07 PM
Gentry

Video
Rustavi 2

Wedding ceremony of two branches of the Bagrationi dynasty has been held. Horsemen have accompanied the groom from the Darejani Palace to Sameba Cathdral. Several thousand people have attending the ceremony. Three thousand guests have been invited to the wedding of the representatives of the royal family.

Father accompanied groom into the church today. She walked through rows of `Chokhosnebi`. Before the wedding ceremony, Anna Bagration-Gruzinski and Davit Bagration-Mukhraneli received Eucharist at Svetitskhoveli Church of Mtskheta town.

Representativesof the Georgian society consider the marriage as a significant event of historical importance.

`It is a very important day in the life of our country and the Bagrationi dynasty today. The two branches of the Bagrationis who parted from each other long ago, are merging today. This wedding may have a historical significance for our country in the future`, Mariam Lortkipanidze, academician of historical sciences said.

Family members and relatives of the bride hope, the marriage of Bagrationi branches will bring prosperity to Georgia.

The Bagrationi dynasty was the ruling family of Georgia. Their ascendency lasted from the early Middle Ages until the early 19th century.
Old 02-10-2009, 02:42 PM
Gentry

http://www.czipm.org/georgian_wedding01.html
Old 02-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Courtier

Hello! article: Prince David weds in Georgia's first royal wedding for two centuries
Old 02-10-2009, 06:52 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by maria-olivia View Post
Why was the Grand Duchess Maria and her son not present ? I suppose that her old mother , born Princess Bragnation, is to old to travel ?
The Grand Duchess Maria was in Russia from 30 Jan to 3 Feb. While in Moscow she attended the installation of Patriarch Kirill (see press release). Grand Duke George works for a living and generally does not take part in royal events. And you are correct, at 94 years of age, Grand Duchess Leonida is in rather frail health and thus abstains from travelling.

However, as FabianJ noted earlier, it does appear that Grand Duchess Leonida's elder daughter Helene Kirby was at the wedding.
Old 02-10-2009, 07:35 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

It's indeed so strange to see a couple talking on the phone during their wedding... It's the first time in my life I see such a thing haha.

The Princess's dress is lovely.
The Prince is, as lucien said a very serious young man.

I just knew it's the second marriage for the Princess. The eastern Orthodox Church accepts to marry divorced people? or did she ask the annulment of her first marriage?
Old 02-11-2009, 08:40 AM
Gentry

Princess Anna is a journalist and was working as a teacher.
Old 02-11-2009, 11:49 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
... [snipped] I just knew it's the second marriage for the Princess. The eastern Orthodox Church accepts to marry divorced people? or did she ask the annulment of her first marriage?
There is no much information about Princess Anna's first marriage. At the same time, it is worth noting that almost all modern couples have got a religious wedding in a church of their liking and civil ceremony in a municipal registry. Thus, it is possible that Princess Anna had to ask for the annulment of her first marriage. Given the fact that Patriarch Ilia II was personally interested in the marriage between Prince David and Princess Anna, it would fair to presume that the annulment was given without any problems or delays.
Old 02-16-2009, 06:05 AM

New blog

Georgia may become the first Orthodox Christian country to restore monarchy.
Old 03-07-2009, 03:41 PM
Nobility

his Uncle just Got Married too...

07.03. - Prince Bagrat de Bagration de Baviera y de Borbon married civilly Mrs Françoise Cazaudehore at Saint-Germain-en-Laye, France
Old 08-04-2009, 05:28 AM
Nobility

The bride looked very pretty in her simple dress and veil. Shame there aren't any better ones of the dress.
Old 08-04-2009, 11:42 AM
Courtier

There is a large photo gallery of the wedding on the website of the Royal House: Orden del Águila de Georgia
Old 08-04-2009, 12:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for such amazing compilation of photos! The ceremony was wonderful. The reception seemed to have a lot of national dances. The national costumes were impressive as well.
At the same, it is worthy noting that there is a photo of Prince David dancing with a lady in a blue dress. However, there is no a single photo of Prince David dancing with Princess Anna.
Old 08-04-2009, 07:41 PM
Courtier

It was my pleasure to do so!

I only wish that the couple had lived happily ever after () like I originally imagined they would.
Old 01-21-2010, 05:57 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post

I just knew it's the second marriage for the Princess. The eastern Orthodox Church accepts to marry divorced people? or did she ask the annulment of her first marriage?
All the Orthodox Churches ( Georgian, Russian, Greek etc.) accept second and third marriages. In other words you can get married in the church 3 times whether divorced or widowed. You don't need an annulment to get married a second time because the Orthodox Church grants divorces. I must say, they offer a fair number of choices for those you have second thoughts .
Old 02-16-2010, 01:35 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
At the same, it is worthy noting that there is a photo of Prince David dancing with a lady in a blue dress. However, there is no a single photo of Prince David dancing with Princess Anna.
Dear Al bina,

You might be interested to know (since I myself was!) that the lady dancing with Prince David is his sister Maria, who came to the wedding with her young son. Thus, all three of David's siblings (Maria, Irakly, and Ugo) were present, as was his mother. On the bride's side, both her parents were there, as were her two little daughters. I believe that her sister Maya attended too.

Also, to my surprise, I came across another photo album from the wedding that clearing shows David and Anna kissing...on the lips! So perhaps all the reports were wrong.

Lastly, here is a picture of the wedding cake.
Old 10-20-2010, 05:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

I can't find it again, but I did see a photo where David did have a hint of a smile. She made a lovely bride. It's refreshing to see a wedding that is quite a bit different than usual. May they be happy forever!