Prince Christian of Hanover and Alessandra de Osma; Nov. 2017/March 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Who is this girl next to Princess Alexandra of Hannover? The bride's sister?
She looks to be around Alexandra's age.

The bride has only 3 brothers, she hasn’t any sisters!

For what this exclamation mark?
Am I obliged to know Alessandra's family detail by detail?

Congratulations to the couple!
Prince Christian and Princess Alessandra looked very happy. It is nice to see Princess Alexandra and the Casiraghi clan attending the registration.

Ernst August Jr. von Hannover and Ekaterina

Picture from Gala
Princess Ekaterina's dress looked very tight. Fishnet stockings added nothing to the ensemble. She tends to opt for quirky clothes but fails to pull them off.

Last edited:
Does the mother of the groom live in London (and would that be why they decided to have their civil wedding there)? I seem to vaguely remember that she does but I am sure one of you can confirm :)

Great to have two new Hannover princesses within 6 months!

I don't see any photos of Prince E-A, father of the groom. Am I to understand that he blew off the wedding of his second son, just as he did the wedding of his namesake last summer?:ermm:

What's the matter this time??!:bang:

Last edited:
Does the mother of the groom live in London (and would that be why they decided to have their civil wedding there)? I seem to vaguely remember that she does but I am sure one of you can confirm :)

Great to have two new Hannover princesses within 6 months!
As far as I understood from a personal conversation with a German lady, Prince Ernst August's first family prefers to reside in London. However, Prince Ernst August Jr and Prince Christian are said to be citizens of Austria. I am sure that TRF members from Germany can give more details about the situation.

Last edited:
The father of the groom seems definitely absent....
It is a pity, but Prince EA looks sadly isolated from all his family

Yes today in London

Right day was Friday 24th November 2017!

Christian Prinz von Hannover and Alessandra De Osma Foy got married on Friday, 24th November 2017, at Tatiana Santo Domingo’s Birthday! You can see the pictures at the link above, were taken on 24. 11. 2017

Now definitely, Alessandra De Osma is 29 years old, she was born at 21st march 1988; Sasha Casiraghi was born at the same day on 2013 ?

Last edited by a moderator:
..thanks for the pictures everyone hopefully the wedding will have more coverage especially that the couples have interesting circle of royals/high society friends (hint the social media).

Also, I'm looking forwards to see the bride's wedding dress choice, she really seems to favor classic styles

just a thought..considering the time between the civil wedding and the religious one, I think by that time we might hear a pregnancy announcement I mean when you marry a prince things should go advanced and secured ;)

Last edited:
Details of the Wedding Of Prince Christian and Alessandra

On March 16, the religious ceremony will take place, at around 12:00 in the morning (local time), at the minor basilica and convent of San Pedro, one of the most important religious temples in the historic center of Lima.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...s-hannover/0-543-826/basilica-sanpedro1-a.jpg

After the religious ceremony, the Princes of Hanover will move to the National Club, where they will offer their guests a lunch

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...cipes-hannover/0-543-825/club-nacional1-a.jpg

On Saturday the 17th, in the afternoon, the "wedding party" will be celebrated, at the Pedro de Osma Museum . The museum is a French-style palace, surrounded by a ficus garden, palm trees and geraniums.

https://www.hola.com/imagenes/reale...es-hannover/0-543-823/museo-pedro-osma1-a.jpg

Last edited:
:previous: My goodness, sounds very grand indeed!

There is an Osma Museum in Peru? I know that bride's family is very prominent in that country......?

Prince Christian and Princess Alessandra are going to have a beautiful wedding. The Pedro de Osma museum looks amazing.

Hopefully Prince Ernst August, Jr., and his wife will be able to attend.

I don't think so; Princess Ekaterina is due to give birth next month.

:previous:
Given the fact that Princess Ekaterina gave birth to a baby, the couple could attend.

But she will still be in a post-partum period, when woman's organism is still regenerating.

Sitting on an airplane for a transcontinental flight with a newborn just weeks after giving birth? I don't think so. :ermm: Frankly, if Ernst August Jr. went to the wedding alone at this stage, I'd be giving him the side-eye for leaving his wife home alone while she's recovering.

The Prince and the Princess Ernst August will attend and their daughter Elisabeth will stay home?

Princess Elisabeth is probably breast-fed and her mommy should be with her.

Sitting on an airplane for a transcontinental flight with a newborn just weeks after giving birth? I don't think so. :ermm: Frankly, if Ernst August Jr. went to the wedding alone at this stage, I'd be giving him the side-eye for leaving his wife home alone while she's recovering.

I agree that a transcontinental flight with a newborn for a new mother is out of the question, and even for the new mother alone is simply not reasonable. However I do not agree that E-A Jr. would be a cad to decide not to miss this big day in the life of his only brother and attends the Peruvian wedding.

It's only a couple of days away from his wife, what difference could it make? She had a baby a couple of weeks ago, she is not in extremis after all. My guess is that his wife would not have a problem with it. If I were in her shoes I would certainly wouldn't. She almost undoubtedly has nurses and staff to attend her if needed.

If on the other hand he simply cannot tear himself away from his wife and new baby I would completely understand.....;)

Last edited:
But she will still be in a post-partum period, when woman's organism is still regenerating.
Well ... we shall see whether the couple attends Prince Christian's wedding. If they do, I will not be surprised.

I'd be shocked if Ekaterina does. I don't see her leaving Elisabeth behind, and its not recommended a baby fly long distance before at least four weeks old unless absolutely needed. Elisabeth was only born on the 22nd. I don't see her attending her Uncle's wedding in Lima as necessary enough for her parents to put her through such a flight. While Ekaterina may feel up to the trip, especially if natural birth, I don't see her leaving the baby, especially if nursing.

Ernst may. Honestly I don't think he'd get too much flack for going to his brother's wedding. But perhaps since they were at the civil wedding in London, the couple may both think that is enough and stay back.

Assuming all is well with mother and child, I would expect Ernst August to attend. Everyone would understand if Ekatarina and Elisabeth wouldn't but missing the most important moment in your brother's life because you had a daughter 4 weeks (not 4 days) earlier would be a rather weak excuse.

Alessandra de Osma and Prince Christian were seen in Lima, Peru, yesterday, March 13, preparing their wedding:

** rex gallery **

Back
Top Bottom