Originally Posted by crisiñaki
1. Is Charles related to Cristina de Borbon-Dos Silicias?
2. Who's the bald guy in jeans next to the bride?
3. Is Charles related to the Borbon-Parma family as well?
4. And what are his titles and how's he related to Luis Alfonso de borbon?Thanks in advance
1. Cristina is the daughter of Carlos, Duke of Calabria, Infant of Spain, Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies.
Prince Charles (also Duke of Calabria) is the son of Ferdinando, Duke of Castro, self-proclaimed Head of the Royal House of the Two Sicilies.
Their common ancestor is Alfonso (1841-1934), Count of Caserta and Head of the Royal House. Cristina is a great-great-granddaughter, Charles is a great-grandson.
2. Don't know who he is, but he is certainly under-dressed for such an occasion.
3. All Bourbons are related through their common descent from the Kings of France and Spain. Cristina has a closer connection to the Bourbon-Parma family as her grandmother, Princess Alice, is a daughter of Elias I, Duke of Parma. Charles doesn't appear to have any close Bourbon-Parma relatives; you have to go back to Queen Maria Luisa of Spain (1751-1819), wife of King Carlos IV, who was a daughter of the Duke of Parma, for a direct link.
4a. HRH the Duke of Calabria, otherwise HRH Charles, Prince Royal of the Two Sicilies.
4b. Both Luis Alfonso and Charles are descended from Carlos III, King of Spain and the Indies (1716-1788) and from Francesco I, King of the Kingdom of Two Sicilies (1777-1830).
Francesco's daughter Maria Cristina was Queen Regent of Spain 1833-1840 and the mother of Queen Isabel II.
There are possibly other common lines of descent from the Habsburgs, but it gets too complicated to work out. :)