Prince Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe and Nadja Anna Zsoeks - June 30th, 2007

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
The top of the dress was really beautiful but I'm not sure about the rest...
I'm not sure about bride's hair-colour (strange and atrificial) and make-up (to much).
But the best was tiara.

Last edited:
Prince or not, he looks kinda creepy. Sorry if I offended anyone with that remark or not, but if I saw him in a market, I would pull my daughter a little closer to me!:lol:
His ex wife has aged much better than he has!:lol:Even though it looks as if her garden exploded on top of her head!:ROFLMAO:
And his new wife is pretty and I like her dress and her tiara, but as another poster pointed out, she is wearing too much makeup on her eyes and her hair looks like they tamed it down with an entire can of hair spray.
From the civil wedding, her makeup looks beautiful and her hair is very lovely. Very much the opposite for the church wedding.

That dress is a bit much---it's 2007, not 1007.

Great find, Elsa! :flowers:
What's more, the site has captions identifying the people pictured! :)

Guess I'm the voice of dissent, but I've seen prettier brides. Her bleached hair looks rather harsh against her complexion and fake. And I don't particularly like the dress.

Last edited:
I think she's very pretty but the make up is way to heavy and the hair is too stiff, a very unnatural look. Like the dress & tiara though.

He's such a frog - and you can kiss him as often as you like and he won't turn into a prince :eek:. He prefers a certain type of women - intelligent but blonde barbie doll like appearance - and they get younger all the time. I think he never came over his first wife leaving him for someone else.

I think she's very pretty but the make up is way to heavy and the hair is too stiff, a very unnatural look. Like the dress & tiara though.

He's such a frog - and you can kiss him as often as you like and he won't turn into a prince :eek:. He prefers a certain type of women - intelligent but blonde barbie doll like appearance - and they get younger all the time. I think he never came over his first wife leaving him for someone else.

His son, Heinrich Donatus is a cutie pie, though!

The more I look at this wedding, the more I find odd the fact that the bride looks the same as the groom's ex-wife... her gown is just a reinterpretation of Lilly's wedding dress...
http://www.localpic.de/images/product_images/popup_images/613_0.jpg
http://www.localpic.de/images/product_images/popup_images/614_0.jpg

She looks like a younger copy of Lilly. I remember even when Lilly run off with another guy (not her current husband) Alex would have taken her back and he refused to have a divorce for a long time. I wonder whose idea that dress was as I am sure Nadja must have seen pics of the first wedding a long time ago. No way I would wear a dress even a little similar to the one of the ex wife. For me it's hard to imagine to look like the ex wife and see the ex wife at my own wedding. In general it's a good thing to have a good relationship to the ex wife, especially when there is a child, but I find it a step too far to invite her to the wedding and kind of point at the similarities between these two women by dressing the bride like a Lilly lookalike.

Does the wedding invitations came with botox shots? Everyone looks so streched:rolleyes:

And the radio purse kills me :eek:

One things for sure and that is that he looked a lot happier at his wedding to lilly, he seems kind of robot-like at this wedding.At least he's smiling at his wedding to Lilly.

definitely definitely weird, the resemblance at first glance.

I have a couple (plausable?) theories as to why:

First, I think the gown, flowers, veil, closer resemble the Grace Kelly bridal look when she got hitched to that other frog, I mean, prince, back in the fifties.
The theory here is that new bride Nadja always had a Grace Kelly bridal fantasy, wanted that to materialize whether the groom would be plummer or prince. I tell you, there have been people adamant at making weirder dreams reality. And so, first wife's bridal 'do be darned, Nadja Anna was going to have her Grace Kelly look no matter what! And, did.

Second theory: new wife to be Nadja Anna saw wedding pics of first wife and prince/husband to be and thought: 'What she can do, I can do better! I'll replace those memories with other memories!'

Third, and least likely theory:
The bride forgot to do her homework on hubby-to-be's first wedding and totally did not know that her wedding gown shows an eerie resemblance to wife nr. 1.

Why is the third theory not plausible? Well, this girl is a lawyer for starters, and lawyers know all about researching histories of things. She doesn't strike me as a dumb blonde, somehow. More calculated, matching the right Rainier-like prince with mini-nation (well, Buckeburg <used> to be independent), and voila, the Kelly dress had somewhere to go.

Guess I'm in a cynical mood folks, but I just can't for the life of me think of any other explanation.

Although as far as the looks of prince Alexander go, that's the only part of him that we can see, personality and charm, kind heart, intelligence, the works, also go a long way in winning someone else's heart, non?

The theory here is that new bride Nadja always had a Grace Kelly bridal fantasy, wanted that to materialize whether the groom would be plummer or prince.
:ermm:Hmm... she doesn't really look like a 18-year-old naive adolescent... She's a grown up, cultured and independent woman... I'd say Cinderella has already woke up from the fairytale...

Second theory: new wife to be Nadja Anna saw wedding pics of first wife and prince/husband to be and thought: 'What she can do, I can do better! I'll replace those memories with other memories!'
Then I guess she would not be so inteligent, after all... competing with the ex-wife, by imitating her wedding dress?... That's just an elementary no-rule for self-respect!...

Third, and least likely theory:
The bride forgot to do her homework on hubby-to-be's first wedding and totally did not know that her wedding gown shows an eerie resemblance to wife nr. 1.

Why is the third theory not plausible? Well, this girl is a lawyer for starters, and lawyers know all about researching histories of things.
Exactly! There's no way she didn't ever google "the ex", to see what it looked like... that's part of women's (and lawyer's for that matter) curiosity!

Guess I'm in a cynical mood folks, but I just can't for the life of me think of any other explanation.
Well, you did an appreciated effort, my friend! :D

Here's a special candid, taken from Fürst Alexander's profile, at Myspace:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/961/hochzeitdankejn7.jpg

Last edited:
The tiara that both wives wore; is that the Bridal or Principle Tiara of the Schaumburg-Lippe family?

OK, the similarities between these two women is a bit freaky to me. The dress, the looks, all just a little weird. I'm guessing that he just likes a certain type of woman.

OK, the similarities between these two women is a bit freaky to me. The dress, the looks, all just a little weird. I'm guessing that he just likes a certain type of woman.

Exactly. Look at his girlfriend inbetween Lilly and Nadja, designer Jette Joop:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...preview&ID=1078662710&string=jette+schaumburg

Same type of woman, blonde and intelligent, maybe too intelligent to marry him ... her choice of bridal gown would have looked differently, I am sure ...

Well, you did an appreciated effort, my friend! :D
Your're welcome! Though I don't think I came up with <the> theory as to the real explanation of why oh why bride nr.2 is a clone of then-wife as a bride nr.1 :ermm:

Here's a special candid, taken from Fürst Alexander's profile, at Myspace:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/961/hochzeitdankejn7.jpg

You've got to be kidding, Furst Alexander has a page on MySpace? :eek: The only other people I know who have a profile there are high-school dropouts! No offense to myspace folk here of course! :flowers:

Exactly. Look at his girlfriend inbetween Lilly and Nadja, designer Jette Joop:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/se...preview&ID=1078662710&string=jette+schaumburg

Same type of woman, blonde and intelligent, maybe too intelligent to marry him ... her choice of bridal gown would have looked differently, I am sure ...
Are you saying he's not that bright? Enlighten us on this one if you could. I for one don't have an inkling on herr Furst's personality, let alone IQ.

I wonder though what he has these intelligent model-like blondes to offer. Is he the royal Rod Stewart, a seasoned well-to-do semi-royal? But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non?

Last edited:
Are you saying he's not that bright? Enlighten us on this one if you could. I for one don't have an inkling on herr Furst's personality, let alone IQ.

No, I do think he's bright. But Jette is very independent and a character - her father is the famous designer Wolfgang Joop - and she knows exactly what she wants. And she was intelligent enough to see what she did not want: be the second blonde wife of ... In the end she preferred to go her own way, besides, she has a daughter from a previous relationship and maybe this was a no no. But I personally think she did not want to step back into Alex' shadow.

I wonder though what he has these intelligent model-like blondes to offer. Is he the royal Rod Stewart, a seasoned well-to-do semi-royal? But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non
Well, he's not first in the looks department but might be a likeable person ... not sure. But to be honest can't recall a prince who did not find his princess because he did not look good ... money & title will always make a man attractive for some women ... but not sure if this was the decisionmaker for Nadja. She could have had a good life without him, so it might be a love match :rolleyes:

princess olga said:
You've got to be kidding, Furst Alexander has a page on MySpace? :eek: The only other people I know who have a profile there are high-school dropouts! No offense to myspace folk here of course!
Here it is:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg

But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non?
I don't think his Fürstliche Hofkammerhe is anything close to near-bankrupt and his family is one of the richest in Germany.

Anyway, he's certainly not great-looking, but from this Myspace profile one must admit that the man has some interest, apart from the looks department... :D

At least, one can conlude a few things:
1. he has good taste in music and has many friends in the musical scene;
2. he doesn't like TV, but he's a fan of movies;
3. he likes Shrek;
4. he says he's not an expert in Internet, but he certainly knows a few things;
5. he has a caotic library and must urgently recatalogue it;
6. sarcasm is one of his personality features;
7. he's a proud parent and husband;
8. he's a colleage graduate;
9. he's Capricorn;
10. he's 6' 0 tall.

Here it is:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg

I don't think his Fürstliche Hofkammerhe is anything close to near-bankrupt and his family is one of the richest in Germany.

Anyway, he's certainly not great-looking, but from this Myspace profile one must admit that the man has some interest, apart from the looks department... :D

3. he likes Shrek;
Well, don't know how to interprete that ;)
4. he says he's not an expert in Internet, but he certainly knows a few things;
Enough to have his Myspace profile
5. he has a caotic library and must urgently recatalogue it;
That's why he married a woman who likes books
6. sarcasm is one of his personality features;
I have no doubt about that and good because there will be some sarcastic comments about his second wife looking like his first wife coming even to his ears.
7. he's a proud parent and husband;
Proud parent, yes, true and well known; proud husband, well, time will tell.

Last edited:
Hmm... it seems to me that he identifyes himself more with Shrek than with Prince Charming... thus the trailer, where the green monster swallows the good-looking guy down the stage... :D

:lol: I hope he does have better manners than Shrek though :lol:

I hate to be mean girls but this guy is really ugly!

Just to be fair to both genders, perhaps we should start a new thread, "Grooms Who Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Day"!

Just to be fair to both genders, perhaps we should start a new thread, "Grooms Who Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Day"!
Somebodies already started it. I've seen it in the royal wedding chat subforum.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom