The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
The more I look at this wedding, the more I find odd the fact that the bride looks the same as the groom's ex-wife... her gown is just a reinterpretation of Lilly's wedding dress...
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ages/613_0.jpg
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ages/614_0.jpg
She looks like a younger copy of Lilly. I remember even when Lilly run off with another guy (not her current husband) Alex would have taken her back and he refused to have a divorce for a long time. I wonder whose idea that dress was as I am sure Nadja must have seen pics of the first wedding a long time ago. No way I would wear a dress even a little similar to the one of the ex wife. For me it's hard to imagine to look like the ex wife and see the ex wife at my own wedding. In general it's a good thing to have a good relationship to the ex wife, especially when there is a child, but I find it a step too far to invite her to the wedding and kind of point at the similarities between these two women by dressing the bride like a Lilly lookalike.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #42  
Old 07-06-2007, 06:22 PM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Here's a link to another article about the wedding:
Fürst Alexander zu Schaumburg-Lippe hat geheiratet - Lycos Nachrichten

According to it, the reception was attended by 750 guests (!) mainly from high aristocracy and show-business...
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
  #43  
Old 07-06-2007, 11:57 PM
crisiñaki's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: London, United Kingdom
Posts: 3,800
Does the wedding invitations came with botox shots? Everyone looks so streched

And the radio purse kills me
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #44  
Old 07-07-2007, 12:15 AM
kimebear's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Albany, United States
Posts: 1,382
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
The more I look at this wedding, the more I find odd the fact that the bride looks the same as the groom's ex-wife... her gown is just a reinterpretation of Lilly's wedding dress...
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ages/613_0.jpg
http://www.localpic.de/images/produc...ages/614_0.jpg

Okay, that is a little creepy.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #45  
Old 07-07-2007, 12:27 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: toronto, Canada
Posts: 249
One things for sure and that is that he looked a lot happier at his wedding to lilly, he seems kind of robot-like at this wedding.At least he's smiling at his wedding to Lilly.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #46  
Old 07-07-2007, 03:17 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
definitely definitely weird, the resemblance at first glance.

I have a couple (plausable?) theories as to why:

First, I think the gown, flowers, veil, closer resemble the Grace Kelly bridal look when she got hitched to that other frog, I mean, prince, back in the fifties.
The theory here is that new bride Nadja always had a Grace Kelly bridal fantasy, wanted that to materialize whether the groom would be plummer or prince. I tell you, there have been people adamant at making weirder dreams reality. And so, first wife's bridal 'do be darned, Nadja Anna was going to have her Grace Kelly look no matter what! And, did.

Second theory: new wife to be Nadja Anna saw wedding pics of first wife and prince/husband to be and thought: 'What she can do, I can do better! I'll replace those memories with other memories!'

Third, and least likely theory:
The bride forgot to do her homework on hubby-to-be's first wedding and totally did not know that her wedding gown shows an eerie resemblance to wife nr. 1.

Why is the third theory not plausible? Well, this girl is a lawyer for starters, and lawyers know all about researching histories of things. She doesn't strike me as a dumb blonde, somehow. More calculated, matching the right Rainier-like prince with mini-nation (well, Buckeburg <used> to be independent), and voila, the Kelly dress had somewhere to go.

Guess I'm in a cynical mood folks, but I just can't for the life of me think of any other explanation.

Although as far as the looks of prince Alexander go, that's the only part of him that we can see, personality and charm, kind heart, intelligence, the works, also go a long way in winning someone else's heart, non?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #47  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:36 AM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
The theory here is that new bride Nadja always had a Grace Kelly bridal fantasy, wanted that to materialize whether the groom would be plummer or prince.
Hmm... she doesn't really look like a 18-year-old naive adolescent... She's a grown up, cultured and independent woman... I'd say Cinderella has already woke up from the fairytale...

Quote:
Second theory: new wife to be Nadja Anna saw wedding pics of first wife and prince/husband to be and thought: 'What she can do, I can do better! I'll replace those memories with other memories!'
Then I guess she would not be so inteligent, after all... competing with the ex-wife, by imitating her wedding dress?... That's just an elementary no-rule for self-respect!...

Quote:
Third, and least likely theory:
The bride forgot to do her homework on hubby-to-be's first wedding and totally did not know that her wedding gown shows an eerie resemblance to wife nr. 1.

Why is the third theory not plausible? Well, this girl is a lawyer for starters, and lawyers know all about researching histories of things.
Exactly! There's no way she didn't ever google "the ex", to see what it looked like... that's part of women's (and lawyer's for that matter) curiosity!


Quote:
Guess I'm in a cynical mood folks, but I just can't for the life of me think of any other explanation.
Well, you did an appreciated effort, my friend!


Here's a special candid, taken from Fürst Alexander's profile, at Myspace:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9...itdankejn7.jpg
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #48  
Old 07-07-2007, 11:53 AM
michelleq's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Philadelphia Region, United States
Posts: 771
The tiara that both wives wore; is that the Bridal or Principle Tiara of the Schaumburg-Lippe family?
__________________
"Love thy neighbor as thyself"
Reply With Quote
  #49  
Old 07-07-2007, 10:35 PM
princess gertrude's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: Columbia, United States
Posts: 2,010
OK, the similarities between these two women is a bit freaky to me. The dress, the looks, all just a little weird. I'm guessing that he just likes a certain type of woman.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #50  
Old 07-08-2007, 08:06 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess gertrude View Post
OK, the similarities between these two women is a bit freaky to me. The dress, the looks, all just a little weird. I'm guessing that he just likes a certain type of woman.
Exactly. Look at his girlfriend inbetween Lilly and Nadja, designer Jette Joop:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...tte+schaumburg

Same type of woman, blonde and intelligent, maybe too intelligent to marry him ... her choice of bridal gown would have looked differently, I am sure ...
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #51  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:24 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post



Well, you did an appreciated effort, my friend!
Your're welcome! Though I don't think I came up with <the> theory as to the real explanation of why oh why bride nr.2 is a clone of then-wife as a bride nr.1


Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Here's a special candid, taken from Fürst Alexander's profile, at Myspace:
http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/9...itdankejn7.jpg
You've got to be kidding, Furst Alexander has a page on MySpace? The only other people I know who have a profile there are high-school dropouts! No offense to myspace folk here of course!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #52  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:25 AM
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: san francisco, United States
Posts: 1,283
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Exactly. Look at his girlfriend inbetween Lilly and Nadja, designer Jette Joop:

http://www.seegerpress-online.de/see...tte+schaumburg

Same type of woman, blonde and intelligent, maybe too intelligent to marry him ... her choice of bridal gown would have looked differently, I am sure ...
Are you saying he's not that bright? Enlighten us on this one if you could. I for one don't have an inkling on herr Furst's personality, let alone IQ.

I wonder though what he has these intelligent model-like blondes to offer. Is he the royal Rod Stewart, a seasoned well-to-do semi-royal? But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #53  
Old 07-09-2007, 03:54 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga View Post
Are you saying he's not that bright? Enlighten us on this one if you could. I for one don't have an inkling on herr Furst's personality, let alone IQ.
No, I do think he's bright. But Jette is very independent and a character - her father is the famous designer Wolfgang Joop - and she knows exactly what she wants. And she was intelligent enough to see what she did not want: be the second blonde wife of ... In the end she preferred to go her own way, besides, she has a daughter from a previous relationship and maybe this was a no no. But I personally think she did not want to step back into Alex' shadow.

Quote:
I wonder though what he has these intelligent model-like blondes to offer. Is he the royal Rod Stewart, a seasoned well-to-do semi-royal? But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non
Well, he's not first in the looks department but might be a likeable person ... not sure. But to be honest can't recall a prince who did not find his princess because he did not look good ... money & title will always make a man attractive for some women ... but not sure if this was the decisionmaker for Nadja. She could have had a good life without him, so it might be a love match
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #54  
Old 07-09-2007, 08:56 AM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by princess olga
You've got to be kidding, Furst Alexander has a page on MySpace? The only other people I know who have a profile there are high-school dropouts! No offense to myspace folk here of course!
Here it is:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg

Quote:
But but but...what's he like as a person, do we know? I mean, he MUST surely have more to offer than a near-bankrupt family vault and a gorgeous castle, non?
I don't think his Fürstliche Hofkammerhe is anything close to near-bankrupt and his family is one of the richest in Germany.

Anyway, he's certainly not great-looking, but from this Myspace profile one must admit that the man has some interest, apart from the looks department...

At least, one can conlude a few things:
1. he has good taste in music and has many friends in the musical scene;
2. he doesn't like TV, but he's a fan of movies;
3. he likes Shrek;
4. he says he's not an expert in Internet, but he certainly knows a few things;
5. he has a caotic library and must urgently recatalogue it;
6. sarcasm is one of his personality features;
7. he's a proud parent and husband;
8. he's a colleage graduate;
9. he's Capricorn;
10. he's 6' 0 tall.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #55  
Old 07-09-2007, 10:17 AM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
[quote=Elsa M.;638429]Here it is:
www.myspace.com/aschaumburg

I don't think his Fürstliche Hofkammerhe is anything close to near-bankrupt and his family is one of the richest in Germany.

Anyway, he's certainly not great-looking, but from this Myspace profile one must admit that the man has some interest, apart from the looks department...

Quote:
3. he likes Shrek;
Well, don't know how to interprete that
Quote:
4. he says he's not an expert in Internet, but he certainly knows a few things;
Enough to have his Myspace profile
Quote:
5. he has a caotic library and must urgently recatalogue it;
That's why he married a woman who likes books
Quote:
6. sarcasm is one of his personality features;
I have no doubt about that and good because there will be some sarcastic comments about his second wife looking like his first wife coming even to his ears.
Quote:
7. he's a proud parent and husband;
Proud parent, yes, true and well known; proud husband, well, time will tell.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #56  
Old 07-09-2007, 11:14 AM
Elsa M.'s Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: --, Portugal
Posts: 5,812
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duke of Marmalade View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
he likes Shrek
Well, don't know how to interprete that
Hmm... it seems to me that he identifyes himself more with Shrek than with Prince Charming... thus the trailer, where the green monster swallows the good-looking guy down the stage...



Here's another photo gallery from the wedding, by the way:
A Royal Union , Hundreds Attend Wedding Of Prince Alexander Fuerst zu Shaumberg Lippe - The ShowBuzz
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #57  
Old 07-09-2007, 12:01 PM
Duke of Marmalade's Avatar
Majesty
TRF Author
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Frankfurt am Main, Germany
Posts: 8,511
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Hmm... it seems to me that he identifyes himself more with Shrek than with Prince Charming... thus the trailer, where the green monster swallows the good-looking guy down the stage...
I hope he does have better manners than Shrek though
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #58  
Old 07-09-2007, 08:03 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
I hate to be mean girls but this guy is really ugly!
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Reply With Quote
  #59  
Old 07-09-2007, 08:10 PM
iowabelle's Avatar
Royal Highness
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Des Moines, United States
Posts: 2,405
Just to be fair to both genders, perhaps we should start a new thread, "Grooms Who Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Day"!
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #60  
Old 07-09-2007, 09:10 PM
lise's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: somewhere in, Australia
Posts: 460
Quote:
Originally Posted by iowabelle View Post
Just to be fair to both genders, perhaps we should start a new thread, "Grooms Who Didn't Look So Good on Their Wedding Day"!
Somebodies already started it. I've seen it in the royal wedding chat subforum.
__________________

__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
nadja anna zsoeks, prince alexander, schaumburg-lippe


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off





Additional Links
Popular Tags
birth charlene chris o'neill crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events diana fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king abdullah ii king carl xvi gustav king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander luxembourg olympics ottoman palace pom pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince felipe prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess anita princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess claire princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary princess of asturias queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen paola queen rania queen silvia queen sofia royal russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit wedding william



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:09 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]