Prince Alexander von Fürstenberg and Alexandra Miller (1995)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Julia

Royal Highness
M-C's youngest sister, Alexandra, wore a lovely gown by Karl Lagerfeld for her wedding to Prince Alexandre Von Furstenberg. While M-C is a lovely woman I wasn't terribly fond of her wedding gown by Valentino but Alexandra's gown is lovely!

All images from REX FEATURES

Alexandra and her father, Bob Miller.

Alex and Alex...

Attachments

• AlexandraVonWedding.jpg
    AlexandraVonWedding.jpg
    39.7 KB · Views: 42,386
  • AlexandraVonWedding2.jpg
    AlexandraVonWedding2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 12,625
  • AlexandraVonWedding3.jpg
    AlexandraVonWedding3.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 40,221
Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for these great pictures, Julia.

I agree with you completely. I didn't like Marie-Chantal's dress very much. It felt too overdone and too prissy with all those beads - which I'm sure took a seamstress (or several!) many hours to painstakingly sew on individually. Alexandra's dress was pouffy and grand, but simple at the same time. And I love that she and her husband are 'Alex and Alex!'

You are most welcome, Alexandria.

I agree that Alex's gown was poufy and grand (a bit more than I would like) but as you said simple. A clean satin (of somekind), straight lines, and it was lovely off-the-shoulder. Her tiara was a Von Furstenburg heirloom and I liked that Lagerfeld incorporated the ears of wheat into the gown as well.

M-C's gown was rumoured to cost somewhere between 20 and 50 thousand dollars (give or take a few). It was probably slaved over, but it overpowered her little frame. All that was visible was her pretty face. It was most definitely overdone and almost victorian!

Oh, and it is terribly cute that Alexandra and Alexandre are "Alex and Alex"!

I find Alex dress horrible. It´s too poufy and grand for her. It doesn´t match with her figur.

:shock: :doh: I had no idea! Don't I feel like a total fool!

Don't be. It's being called a seperation, and they've said they're trying to work things out. However, she's been seen with Tim Jefferies, and he's been seeing a 19 year old.
They were married the same year as Pavlos and MC, so I think 87?

Pavlos and M-C were married in Baywaters England at Saint Sophia Greek Orthodox Cathedral on July 1, 1995.

Quickie Fact that most dont know about the wedding: When Pavlos and M-C were married they were married in Greek rather than English, and in England if you are not married in English the wedding is not valid. So when they came back from their honeymoon (anyone know where they went?) they found out that they were not legally married, and they had to goto the "Justice of Peace" with Constantine and Ana Maria as witnesses and get married in English so that they would be married :)....

Alexandre and Alexandra (alex and alex) were married the same year in New York City (sorry dont know exact location) on October 3, 1995.

Does anyone have a close-up of the tiara that Alexandra wore?

Sorry for the long post, and hope that it helps.

Chanel

Hey Chanel!

I don't have a close-up of Alex's tiara...wish I did though!

Also, a recent (well, spring was recently) photo of Pavlos, MC and Alex sans the other Alex...

Attachments

• PavlosMCAlex.jpg
    PavlosMCAlex.jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 20,015
DUTY FREEDOM

August 8, 2003 -- DUTY-FREE heiress Alexandra von Furstenberg took a weeklong break from her summer vacation in London to sign her divorce papers. "Alex was in New York last week to make the divorce final," our spy said. "She is loving life in London and is totally in love with Tim Jeffries." Von Furstenberg family rep Paul Wilmot had no comment. Meanwhile, the New York social set notes that her ex Alexandre von Furstenberg's new love, 19-year-old Ali Kay, is "the same as Alexandra was 12 years ago. The mannerisms, how she acts - everything. So they have different color hair - they're identical." She's also filthy rich.

http://www.nypost.com/gossip/38630.htm

Attachments

• pg6080803a.jpg
    pg6080803a.jpg
    18.5 KB · Views: 5,532
Interesting info, Jenna1186. Is it just me or does it seem quick that both Alex's have got new loves already and they've just signed the divorce papers "the other day?" How long were these two separated for? It seems that in May the separation was announced with reports that they were in marriage counselling in 3 months later they are divorced.

Originally posted by Jenna1186@Aug 8th, 2003 - 2:30 am

... "She is loving life in London and is totally in love with Tim Jeffries." ....
Is this the Tim Jeffries that has dated Elle MacPherson and a few other celebs? :unsure:

www.rexfeatures.com - Alexandra and Tim Jefferies at the Serpentine Gallery Summer Party, London, Britain, 2 July 2003.

Yes, Teresa, he is the same Tim Jeffries who was linked with both Elle MacPhereson and Claudia Schiffer, whom I think he was also engaged to.

Attachments

• alex420853ba.jpg
    alex420853ba.jpg
    38.5 KB · Views: 10,856
Originally posted by Alexandria@Aug 10th, 2003 - 4:25 pm
Yes, Teresa, he is the same Tim Jeffries who was linked with both Elle MacPhereson and Claudia Schiffer, whom I think he was also engaged to.
Now that I see him, he is the same Tim Jeffries, and he looks good imo. ;)

She looks so bad in that photo with him. Like she had just taken some kind of drug.... who knows!!! However it is too bad that they are divorcing. I hate to see people who have small children getting divorces, or anyone for that matter. I don't believe in divorce period, but, sadly I guess it has to come to an end when your marriage is more about infatuation then true love.

That's a good question. Alex girl didn't really have a need for one as much MC does, so it may be a loan from Alex boy's family. I don't think the tiara has been seen since.

heh. Excellent point.
She did make a lovely bride though. I love how the ears of wheat tiara echo the design on the bodice of the gown.

There's a bit of debate about that one actually..
The marriage of Alex Boy's parents may not have been approved by the head of the Von Furtenberg House. If it wasn't approved, then the children of the marriage (alex and his sister) aren't Prince/Princess of Furstenberg. They also shouldn't be able to call themselves Von Furstenberg. (Von is a sign of nobility/royalty). Actually, in German his last name wouldn't even be Von Furstenberg. It'd be something like Prinzen Von Furstenberg or something along those lines. (See the Princess Caroline threads for her offical title as Princess of Hanover. It'll be similar).
However, I haven't seen anything regarding the marriage that says one way or another (the parents's marriage I mean) although the grandfather of Alex boy was not at the marriage of Alex boy's parents, leading me to believe that it wasn't approved.
So, she was probably not a princess during the marriage, and afterwards, more then likely did not keep the title (if Alex Boy had one).

:unsure: Does anybody know why they divorced? From some of the pictures I saw they seemed like they were very close..............

Originally posted by mgrant@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:01 pm
:unsure: Does anybody know why they divorced? From some of the pictures I saw they seemed like they were very close..............
Really? In every picture I saw she was fawning all over him and he couldn't look more disinterested.

Originally posted by Bubbette+Feb 23rd, 2004 - 3:24 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Bubbette @ Feb 23rd, 2004 - 3:24 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-mgrant@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:01 pm
Really? In every picture I saw she was fawning all over him and he couldn't look more disinterested. [/b][/quote]
:lol: She might have been! Geez, why did he marry her? Would it had been easier (and cheaper!) to just date and breakup later?????? :lol:

Originally posted by mgrant+Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:38 pm--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (mgrant @ Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:38 pm)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Bubbette@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 3:24 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mgrant
@Feb 23rd, 2004 - 12:01 pm

Really? In every picture I saw she was fawning all over him and he couldn't look more disinterested.
:lol: She might have been! Geez, why did he marry her? Would it had been easier (and cheaper!) to just date and breakup later?????? :lol: [/b][/quote]
Poor Bob Miller ~ With the money he spent on each of his three daughters' (Marie Chantal and Prince Pavlos, Pia and [I don't know his given name] Getty, and Alex and Alex)'s weddings, you could feed 3 meals a day, every day, for nearly every citizen of Jordan for a couple of years! To have two of his daughter's marriages collapse, it must be pretty depressing. It just goes to show that money doesn't always buy happiness. :(

Elizajane

Originally posted by Elizajane+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 5:48 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Elizajane @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 5:48 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by mgrant@Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:38 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mgrant

:lol: She might have been! Geez, why did he marry her? Would it had been easier (and cheaper!) to just date and breakup later?????? :lol:
Poor Bob Miller ~ With the money he spent on each of his three daughters' (Marie Chantal and Prince Pavlos, Pia and [I don't know his given name] Getty, and Alex and Alex)'s weddings, you could feed 3 meals a day, every day, for nearly every citizen of Jordan for a couple of years! To have two of his daughter's marriages collapse, it must be pretty depressing. It just goes to show that money doesn't always buy happiness. :(

Elizajane [/b][/quote]
Who are the 2. sister who are devorsing her husband ?
I know that CP M-C are not having a devors and that is it Pia she are also not having a devors

Originally posted by H.M. Margrethe+Mar 2nd, 2004 - 7:06 am--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (H.M. Margrethe @ Mar 2nd, 2004 - 7:06 am)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'>
Originally posted by Elizajane@Mar 2nd, 2004 - 5:48 am
Originally posted by mgrant@Mar 1st, 2004 - 12:38 pm
<!--QuoteBegin-mgrant

Elizajane
Who are the 2. sister who are devorsing her husband ?
I know that CP M-C are not having a devors and that is it Pia she are also not having a devors [/b][/quote]
Margareth, Someone on this LTR newsgroup board wrote that Pia was separated or having some difficulty with her marriage, etc., etc. I read it here. Maybe it's really not true (which I hope), but it came as a little shock to me. If you know for sure if it's not true, please let me know. :heart:

Elizajane

Back
Top Bottom