Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta and Princess Olga of Greece, September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Benjamin

Heir Presumptive
City
San Francisco
Country
United States
Savoy-AostaArms.jpg

Arms of Savoy-Aosta

¤ ¤ ¤

On 16 September, H.R.H. Prince Aimone of Savoy married H.R.H. Princess Olga of Greece at the Italian Embassy in Moscow.

The religious union will take place on 27 September in Patmos.

:w00t2:​

Last edited by a moderator:
According to Stephane Bern's website, the Queen of Spain will be among the guests at the wedding.

Now that the thing is official, I can add that all Heads/representatives of the main royal families will attend.
The church is very small, I have been told there is room for max 29 people inside...

This is true.And it's also very dark,so don't wait for bright and "clear" photos(if we finally get any...).

Now that the thing is official, I can add that all Heads/representatives of the main royal families will attend.
The church is very small, I have been told there is room for max 29 people inside...

It must be very small indeed. They will have to stand outside. Let us hope it doesn´t rain. :ohmy:
It is good to hear that royal is marrying royal, such an unusual happening these days it seems.

Olga and Aimone are on the right corner of the cover of Point de Vue!
Point de Vue *.:.* En Couverture
French Magazines seems to be interested in this wedding much more than the Italian ones.

Thanks giov!

There isn't much of substance in the blurb; however, it does confirm what Count posted earlier - that there will only be about thirty guests. Also, the wedding will be covered by Point de Vue.

Last edited:
I think because Aimone lives and works in Moscow, so they marry in the italian embassy in that city...but indeed it's a good question

This is correct MAfan, they had the civil marriage in Moscow.
The choice of a ceremony with a few guests comes from Olga, she does not want to have hundreds of people attending her wedding.
Amedeo at the beginning did not agree with this decision, than he changed his mind because to have less guests means for both family less expenses...

To morrow we will see the pictures of their religious wedding.
I am glad to seen again Princess Claude of France .. their divorce after only 7 years wedding was a sad story ...She looked so happy the day of her wedding
I wonder if Olga will wear the Aoste tiara of these belonging to prince Michael of Grece..

Princess Olga of Savoy-Aosta

Aww, so good to finally hear that! Congrats to them. I really hope we get to see pictures from the ceremony tomorrow.

Guests of the religious wedding of Prince Aimone of Savoy & Princess Olga of Greece:
Prince and Princess Michael of Greece
Prince Amedeo of Savoy & Princess Claude of France

King Constantine of Greece
Queen Anna Maria of Greece
Queen Sofia of Spain

Princess Alexandra of Greece & husband
Princess Irene of Greece and Denmark
Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy
Princess Silvia of Savoy
Prince Casimir of Bourbon-Two Sicilies
Princess Maria Cristina of Bourbon-Two Sicilies (nee Princess of Savoy-Aosta)
Princess Bianca of Savoy-Aosta & husband
Princess Mafalda of Savoy-Aosta & husband

Source: http://www.crocerealedisavoia.it/index.php

Last edited:
All the best wishes to the newlyweds!!!:wub:
Let's hope that every single day in their lives will be as beautiful as this one!!!:angel:

Did it rain in Patmos today?? Hope all went beautifully.
Congratulations to the couple.

I believe the weather was just cloudy in Dodecanese.I have to tell you that the Greek media don't have a clue about the wedding...I would be surprised if anyone knew Olga or Alexandra.They are talking about Madonna's concert all weekend.I hope we'll learn more from this forum and see some photos perhaps.Help,please!!

Italian media doesn't talk about the wedding, only some newspaper...
I hope They give us a new Prince as soon a possible...a new Duke of Apulia

Let's hope that they will always be healthy and make a lot of children...
They deserve every happiness!!

Point de Vue will have Coverage in one of its next Issues.

The local newspaper "Patmos Times" has an article today (www.patmostimes.gr).
Constantine and Anna Maria are going to stay in Cathrine Aga Khan's house on the island.The picture of Queen Sofia arriving at Patmos is from a previous visit(Olga's father,Michael,in the background).The rest is what we already know:they present the basic fact only.I found 2 mistakes,though:Olga's full name is Olga Isabelle(they wrote Elizabeth) and as we know,Aimone and Olga are 2nd cousins (thus,close relatives),but they wrote that they are distant relatives.Conclusion:we know more than they do...LOL

Thank you for the link and the translation, Iakynthi.

The local newspaper "Patmos Times" has an article today (www.patmostimes.gr).
Constantine and Anna Maria are going to stay in Cathrine Aga Khan's house on the island.The picture of Queen Sofia arriving at Patmos is from a previous visit(Olga's father,Michael,in the background).The rest is what we already know:they present the basic fact only.I found 2 mistakes,though:Olga's full name is Olga Isabelle(they wrote Elizabeth) and as we know,Aimone and Olga are 2nd cousins (thus,close relatives),but they wrote that they are distant relatives.Conclusion:we know more than they do...LOL

Iakynthi, I believe there is another thing they are wrong about. The Catherine they are referring to is the ex Catherine Batis current Princess Catherine of Yugoslavia.
Aimone & Olga are descendants of King George of Greece but they are not second cousins.

Iakynthi, I believe there is another thing they are wrong about. The Catherine they are referring to is the ex Catherine Batis current Princess Catherine of Yugoslavia.
Aimone & Olga are descendants of King George of Greece but they are not second cousins.

They are second cousins from their French side.

HRH Duke of Guise-Francoise-Michael-Olga

HRH Duke of Guise-Henri-Claude-Aimone

From the Greek side they are second cousins once removed.

George I-Constantine-Irene-Amedeo-Aimone

George I -Christopher-Michael-Olga

we can see in the photo that Olga has worn a traditional golden gown...

we can see in the photo that Olga has worn a traditional golden gown...
Excuse me Lallettac, but what photo are you talking about? I haven't seen any pic of the wedding so far?

Oh my..... Is that some sort of traditional outfit? (Please tell me yes), because it looks like a duck landed on her back and started to shed its feathers. I think the whole get up is just awful. But if there is something tradiotional about it, then I could understand...

Its about time these two got hitched. The dress...hideous is a "kindly" euphemism for butt ugly!:ROFLMAO:

Thanks for the pics, Marengo and Iceflower!:flowers:
We have the pics finally!
I find that Aimone looks great. As far as it regards Olga, before commenting, I would like to know if that is a traditional Greek dress (It says it is a Prada wedding dress!??).
Maybe, as Lallettac wrote, only the colour is traditional (??).
Odette, Iakynthi,....... please, let us know!:flowers:

Its about time these two got hitched. The dress...hideous is a "kindly" euphemism for butt ugly!:ROFLMAO:
Let us all hope that it was some sort of tradition with the gown, because I would definately have to agree with you HRH Kerry, Butt Ugly is just what this dress is.

Back
Top Bottom