Prince Aimone of Savoy-Aosta and Princess Olga of Greece, September 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
On the contrary,I wouldn't want to see them at all...You see?I didn't want to comment on this,but I can't resist anymore!It's a fact that Olga has an excellent taste,nobody can disagree.But,in my opinion,she went a little bit too far with her wedding.Perhaps she wanted everything to be unique and avant-garde,but the result was rather strange...it seems that their good taste stopped right after they chose Patmos for the wedding...

I would like to see them, because I have a hard time imagining such crazy shoes. They sound so ridiculous, and I would love to know what she was thinking when she decided to wear them. After all, she didn't get married on Halloween-therefore I can't even begin to understand why she would choose something so silly.

...lol
And her best man was C.Louboutin :bang::bang:
Can you imagine?

...lol
And her best man was C.Louboutin :bang::bang:
Can you imagine?

That is why I am all the more intrigued! I would have loved to know what he thought of her shoe choice!;)

I guess he was excited when he listened to her idea:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO: and voluntered to make them for her :bang::bang:

Could anyone please explain why the wedding was orthodox? I believe that Prince Aimone is Roman Catholic.

If you are Orthodox and don't marry in an Orthodox ceremony, you are not allowed to receive the Eucharist or other sacraments of the Church. Marriage is one of the sacraments of the Church.

Roman Catholics who marry GOC must also sign documents with their local churches that the children will be raised Roman Catholic or the marriage is not sanctioned or deemed valid. It will be interesting to see in which religion they raise the children! My guess that since they would become part of the house of Savoy-Aosta and not the Royal Greek House that they will be raised under the Roman Rite.

Maybe not, if Olga's faith is important to her and he knows that she will no longer be allowed to receive the sacraments. I know at least two Orthodox who have married Catholics and their children have been baptized Orthodox.

If you are Orthodox and don't marry in an Orthodox ceremony, you are not allowed to receive the Eucharist or other sacraments of the Church. Marriage is one of the sacraments of the Church.

This is not really true. You are forbidden from sacrements only when you are excommunited, and this is a very serious sanctions, it does not happen just because of a wedding, or other.

I believe that Olga's children will be raised as Roman Catholic, because Amedeo's position to the IRF and his successions rights are higher than Olga's inside the GRF.

On the oposite side, Princess Alexia's childredn are GO.

Thank you for the photos, Giov. This was one of the most interesting weddings to see. I love the coat worn by the bride's sister, Princess Alexandra.

I thought Olga's choice in her wedding gown was awful. It looked more like a costume than a wedding gown. I like the color but thought the design was terrible and the headpiece was ridiculous. Definitely one of the worst royal brides.

An unconventional dress for sure. But ugly? I don't agree with you on that. Considering the setting and her backgroud I think she can pull it of. And the dress surely is much, much more memorable than all these strapless white gowns that you see on almost every bride these days.

I did not like her dress but I could not say it was ugly. It was an interesting and unconventional dress for an interesting and particular bride.
Neither the bride nor the groom are officially acting royals. Their life is both non conventional. They did a special wedding ceremony and the gown was reflecting both their personality. Very special dress full of recalls of both their origins. You should be an especially strong personality from a very highly ranked lineage to dare to wear this dress and she fully did it.

Amen to that. I found Princess Olga's dress spectacular and fitting for the location.

Back
Top Bottom