The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2008, 11:16 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
You are right, there is an article on Point de Vue of this week and there is also a small pic on the cover.
Point de vue

Is " koumbaros" the Greek word for best men?
Point de vue preferred their own french star (daughter of famous singer J. Hallyday on the cover) over real royal marriage. It's sad a bit....

Old 10-08-2008, 01:10 PM
Serene Highness

wow, I'm not sure if I understand what the dress is all about...

Old 10-08-2008, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Was Aimone's stepfather present?
MAfan. Check the photos they have shown above. In photo #4 in the Church the step father is standing behind Queen Sofia and Princess Irene. It shows him in between them but in the next row.

Still looking for the koumbaros (witness)
Old 10-08-2008, 06:06 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Best man or Koumbaros:Christian Louboutin
I just bought the new Life & Style.Same information,same photos.Something else that I never knew is that Olga is also a photographer and director.... Did anyone know?
How come Christian Louboutin? It had to be an Orthodox. Is C L Orthodox?

I read an article in Vanity Fair Olga wrote 3 issues ago about the "gardener prince" and his shop that went up in flames in Paris. It was a display of mounted animals since this was a taxidermy laboratory. It was very well written. She must be a very talented lady.
FInd out more about the koumbaros.. Was there only one??
Old 10-08-2008, 07:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Best man or Koumbaros:Christian Louboutin
I just bought the new Life & Style.Same information,same photos.Something else that I never knew is that Olga is also a photographer and director.... Did anyone know?
Thank you for your hard work, Iakynthi! I wish that Christian Louboutin was the best man at my wedding. Imagine the shoe connection he could provide.
Old 10-09-2008, 09:11 AM
Royal Highness

Question

Odette,I think that the case is not about C.Louboutin being Orthodox or Catholic.It's about Patmos and Dodecanese,in general,that are under the Patriarch of Constantinople (that allows such things) and not under the Archbishop of Greece.That's why I believe Aimone didn't face a problem with his religion....I'm not familiar with those rules,of course,so I'm afraid I can't give you further information.
Sgl,you can have Manolo Blanhik as the best man for your wedding...Trust me!
Old 10-09-2008, 09:22 AM
Heir Presumptive

I was very surprised ( I should not have been) to find out that almost half of the population In Tinos are Catholics. I suppose certain areas in Greece may allow it. Since I have tangled many times with my Church in Filothei I studied all the Church rules. One cannot perform a sacrament as a nounos or koumbaros, unless they prove that they have been baptised in the GO Church. Also a wedding between an Orthodox and a Christian of any other denomination is approved and sanctioned but the couple must sign papers that their children will be baptised in the GO Church and be raised as Orthodox.
SGL and Iakynthi, should Manolo or Christian be a koumbaros at either one of your weddings I must be asked to be the maid of honor........Matching shoes for all of us.......
Old 10-09-2008, 09:44 AM
Royal Highness

Thumbs up

Sure!!That would be my order as a bride:Manolo,matching shoes for all of my maids,please!!And quickly...
Old 10-12-2008, 09:42 AM
Super Moderator

The article from PdV can be downloaded here:
http://www.realcasadisavoia.it/files...081014_pdv.pdf

Royal Travel and Events

Old 10-12-2008, 10:38 AM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Roman Catholics who marry GOC must also sign documents with their local churches that the children will be raised Roman Catholic or the marriage is not sanctioned or deemed valid. It will be interesting to see in which religion they raise the children! My guess that since they would become part of the house of Savoy-Aosta and not the Royal Greek House that they will be raised under the Roman Rite.
Old 10-12-2008, 11:03 AM
Royal Highness

I believe the same,Sg1fan.Plus,it's traditional and more "natural" for children to follow their fathers' religion.In this case,Aimone and Olga's children will be 1/4 Greek...I hope they will learn to speak Greek,at least as a 2nd or 3rd language.
Old 10-12-2008, 05:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sg1fan View Post
Roman Catholics who marry GOC must also sign documents with their local churches that the children will be raised Roman Catholic or the marriage is not sanctioned or deemed valid. It will be interesting to see in which religion they raise the children! My guess that since they would become part of the house of Savoy-Aosta and not the Royal Greek House that they will be raised under the Roman Rite.
Are you sure about this?? Princess Alexia never converted and neither Carlos Morales. All four children have been baptised in the GO Church.
Old 10-12-2008, 06:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stefan View Post
The article from PdV can be downloaded here:
http://www.realcasadisavoia.it/files...081014_pdv.pdf

How come everyone missed that her shoes were made out of pasta/macaroni/noodles????????????
Old 10-12-2008, 06:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
I believe the same,Sg1fan.Plus,it's traditional and more "natural" for children to follow their fathers' religion.In this case,Aimone and Olga's children will be 1/4 Greek...I hope they will learn to speak Greek,at least as a 2nd or 3rd language.

How did you figure out 1/4 Greek? Both her parents are Greek. The children will be 2/4 Greek, 1/4 French and 1/4/ Italian......
Old 10-14-2008, 04:44 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
How come everyone missed that her shoes were made out of pasta/macaroni/noodles????????????
OMG! What about a pizza on her head like a crown?
They say it is "en Hommage à l'Italie", but from my Italian point of view, that is only ridiculous and unrespectful and I cannot believe that the only way to make an "hommage à l'Italie" is wearing a pair of shoes with pasta on them (designed by a French stylist!), as Italy were only spaghetti and maccheroni, like many ignorant people believe.
They got married in Greece, with a Greek Orthodox ceremony, Olga was wearing a traditional Greek gown, and what was her only tribute to his Italian Royal husband (one of the most "royal bloodded" prince in Europe)?
The pasta on her shoes!!!!
Really bad taste, IMO of course.
Old 10-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Commoner

In my opinion, the dress was really nice. However, it would have been much better if the bride wore a proper tiara and her bouquet was made of fresh flowers. I think like that the bride would have looked more elegant.

Even the jewels, they could have matched the tiara.
Old 10-17-2008, 11:37 PM
Aristocracy
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Are you sure about this?? Princess Alexia never converted and neither Carlos Morales. All four children have been baptised in the GO Church.
Yes, I am quite sure about this as my Mother and Uncle are both Catholic Theologians and my parents went through it being that my father is protestant and my mother Catholic....

As far as Carlos Morales, he is not following Roman Catholic teaching and would not be considered to be Catholic (in the Roman line) any longer. My guess is that he is following the Greek tradition and that he and Alexia came to some agreement about the children and his faith prior to the wedding since they are in line for the throne.

As some will recall, the Catholic church would NOT marry Marie Christine (Princess Michael of Kent) because the children would be raised in the Anglican church......it's the same deal.

As far as Prince Aimone, it is important (at least from his Dad's point of view) that he maintain his position as a claimant to the throne and that would require the children to be baptized Roman Catholic. Roman Catholics can MARRY in a different faith church (be it GoC or Protestant) with the stipulation (and most dioceses - including most in the US- require the other spouse to actually sign a document saying the children will be raised in the Roman tradition) or they will not approve the marriage.
Old 10-18-2008, 07:13 AM
Royal Highness

1/4 Greek?Oh,I must have lost something during the calculation...
I'm a greek litterature Professor,not a mathematician,after all...
Old 10-18-2008, 03:35 PM
Heir Apparent

i'm so glad they are expecting their first baby. i'm sure they were looking forward to announcing the moment, after such a long engagement. now, so suddenly, wedding and pregnancy!

i never realised the shoes were made of pasta. funny detail, certainly. are there any pictures?
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 10-18-2008, 05:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I never noticed the pasta shoes. They sound hideous and ridiculous. I would love to see a close-up.