The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-01-2008, 01:51 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
This is how a wedding for 70 starts and ends up with 300 attending.......
If they wanted a small gathering, it is perfect that they drew the line at the Aunts and Uncles generation rather than including everyone.
You are so right - if they had invited the younger generation - Felipe, Pavlos, etc. - maybe they would have wanted to bring their young kids and so on ...
It looks as if there were no children present at this wedding. Some couples do not want young children runnning around at their weddings and it is understandable.
Bravo to Aimone and Olga for standing their ground and having the kind of wedding they wanted.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:14 PM
Heir Presumptive

I am sure there were young people and children. We only saw a few pics of the wedding, that is the problem.
Aimone's sisters attended with their 8 children, but I only saw one pic with three of them. I haven't even seen a pic of Alexandra's children, though they were there. Besides, I am sure that both Aimone and Olga invited their young best friends.
As far as it regards the Sofia's and Constantine's children, I wonder why they should have invited them. As they didn't want a large number of guests, why should they have invited their distant relatives?
Respecting the protocol, they invited Constantine that is the Head of Greek Royal family, though he is also Aimone's Godfather, Amedeo' first cousin and Olga's second cousin.
I think, Olga and Aimone were correct.
They couldn't invite the whole Greek and Italian Royal families if they didn't want too many guests, IMO.

Old 10-01-2008, 02:15 PM
Commoner

Have to agree with Odette and pamk; when having a small wedding you have to draw a line somewhere and stick to it. My wedding would have gone from 40 people to 120 had we invited our aunts, uncles, and cousins. Because the line was so clear people understood, and I'm sure the extended family of Olga and Aimone understands as well.
Old 10-01-2008, 04:32 PM
Royal Highness

Ok,guys.Whatever you say.It was just a thought...
Do we have any news?Is the couple going to live in Moscow?Olga is a journalist,I guess she can't live there permanently.
Old 10-01-2008, 06:10 PM
Heir Presumptive

Olga had an article printed in the Vanity Fair of 2 issues ago. Perhaps she can work out of Moscow and travel a lot.
Old 10-01-2008, 07:38 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
As far as it regards the Sofia's and Constantine's children, I wonder why they should have invited them. As they didn't want a large number of guests, why should they have invited their distant relatives?
Respecting the protocol, they invited Constantine that is the Head of Greek Royal family, though he is also Aimone's Godfather, Amedeo' first cousin and Olga's second cousin.
I think, Olga and Aimone were correct.
They couldn't invite the whole Greek and Italian Royal families if they didn't want too many guests, IMO.[/quote
so ,why Princess Maria Gabriella of Savoy was invited? as far as I know,she is a distant relative [aunt] of Aimone.
Old 10-01-2008, 08:01 PM
Heir Presumptive

Seems like (from the photos we have seen) that some of the uncles and aunts were there. The ones who were not there, were Aimone's and Olga's generation. Besides their siblings no cousins were present.
If they wanted to keep it small they did a very good job.
With regard to Maria Gabriella, I believe she was the only sister of VE who was vocal about her brother and supports Amedeo. Perhaps it was a gesture of gratitude.
Old 10-02-2008, 06:07 PM
Royal Highness

Does anyone else believe that this thing on Olga's head makes her look just like Mercury (the ancient Greek god) or I'm the only bad person here??LOL
Old 10-02-2008, 07:00 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by iakynthi View Post
Does anyone else believe that this thing on Olga's head makes her look just like Mercury (the ancient Greek god) or I'm the only bad person here??LOL
What thing? Are you referring to the olive branch wreath she wore instead of a crown??
Looking at these photos again I believe it was one of the most unique bridal outfits.
Old 10-03-2008, 08:38 AM
Commoner

Princee Maria-Gabriella of Savoy is very close to her nephew Aimone and with all the dynastic members of the Family.
Old 10-04-2008, 06:28 PM
Royal Highness

And I believe because she supports his father as head of and heir to the Italian throne. I am so happy they finally got married. Her dress and head piece is, interesting, but they make a beautiful couple. Wishing them a lifetime of lasting happiness and love.
Old 10-06-2008, 10:36 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Was Aimone's stepfather present?
Old 10-06-2008, 04:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
Was Aimone's stepfather present?
I am sure he was but obviously he was not posing for the official pictures. Actually I do not believe I saw any photos of his father or stepmother in any of the pictures so far.
I have to wait for Point de Vue which arrives on the pony express a month late.........
Old 10-07-2008, 08:30 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

and who were the witnesses?
Old 10-07-2008, 04:49 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAfan View Post
and who were the witnesses?
MAfan, I promise as soon as the Point de Vue comes I will tell you who the "Koumbaros" was. I only saw one picture in the Church and it did not have anyone standing behind them at the time. There was a man's hand holding the crown on picture #3.........LOL
Mind you nothing was mentioned on Greek TV or Greek widely read papers yet.
Old 10-08-2008, 03:44 AM
Courtier

Princess Olga's wedding dress is different but she still looks pretty and Prince Aimone looks handsome.That is great this two
went through with the wedding and they did it on their own terms.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 10-08-2008, 05:45 AM
Administrator

Attendees
Sito Ufficiale della Real Casa di Savoia - Le nozze delle LL.AA.RR. il Principe Aimone e la Principessa Olga di Savoia

Le nozze delle LL.AA.RR. il Principe Aimone e la Principessa Olga di Savoia sono state benedette il 27 settembre 2008. Rispondono alle patenti, norme e leggi di Casa Savoia. Non avveniva da decenni.
Presenti S.M. la Regina Sofia di Spagna, le LL.MM. il Re Costantino e la Regina Anna Maria di Grecia, i genitori dello sposo S.A.R. il Principe Amedeo di Savoia e S.A.R. la Principessa Claudia di Francia, i genitori della sposa S.A.R. il Principe Michele di Grecia con la consorte Marina, S.A.R. la Principessa Maria Gabriella di Savoia, S.A.R. la Principessa Silvia di Savoia, S.A.R. la Principessa Irene di Grecia, le LL.AA.RR. i Principi Casimiro di Borbone con la Consorte Maria Cristina, figlia dell'Eroe dell'Amba Alagi, la Principessa Bianca di Savoia con il marito Giberto Arrivabene Valenti Gonzaga ed i figli Viola, Vera, Mafalda, Maddalena e Leonardo, la Principessa Mafalda di Savoia con il marito Francesco Lombardo ed i figli Anna, Carlo e Chiara.

ROYAL MARRIAGE - The marriage of TT.RR.HH. Prince Aimone and Princess Olga of Savoy was blessed on 27 September 2008 in the presence of H.M. the King of Greece and H.M. the Queen of Spain. It abides to the patents, rules and laws of the House of Savoy. This has not taken place since decades.
Old 10-08-2008, 07:52 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
MAfan, I promise as soon as the Point de Vue comes I will tell you who the "Koumbaros" was. I only saw one picture in the Church and it did not have anyone standing behind them at the time. There was a man's hand holding the crown on picture #3.........LOL
Mind you nothing was mentioned on Greek TV or Greek widely read papers yet.
You are right, there is an article on Point de Vue of this week and there is also a small pic on the cover.
Point de vue

Is " koumbaros" the Greek word for best men?
Old 10-08-2008, 08:28 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by giov View Post
You are right, there is an article on Point de Vue of this week and there is also a small pic on the cover.
Point de vue

Is " koumbaros" the Greek word for best men?
Yes if it is a man is koumbaros if it is a woman is koumbara. I saw a man's hand over Aimone's head.
Point de Vue was too busy to devote a full page for them. Grrrrr!
Old 10-08-2008, 10:12 AM
Royal Highness

Smile Iakynthi is working hard for you,guys!!

Best man or Koumbaros:Christian Louboutin
I just bought the new Life & Style.Same information,same photos.Something else that I never knew is that Olga is also a photographer and director.... Did anyone know?