Other Royal and Noble Weddings

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Hannelore

Heir Presumptive
City
Bruges
Country
Belgium
I thought I'd start a thread where we can post photos & information on noble weddings in Europe. Most of these weddings aren't covered hugely, but they do involve castles, tiaras (family heirlooms), beautiful dresses and veils, crazy hats worn by the guests and often royalty can be found among the guests, since nobles have very close ties with royal families.

Feel free to comment the style of the wedding & fashion!

Hannelore.

Last edited by a moderator:
17 January 1956: Lieutenant Ronald Ivor Ferguson (1931 - 2003) of the Life Guards marries Susan Mary Wright at St Margaret's Church, in London's Westminster. The Life Guards form a guard of honour as the bride and groom leave the church.

I don't really know who these people are, but they were obviously famous enough to warrant a listing at Hulton. Anyhow, I thought her dress was lovely.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Lieutenant Ronald Ivor Ferguson and Susan Mary Wright are Sarah Ferguson's parents.

www.hultonarchive.com

http://img118.imageshack.us/img118/3451/post4210633336341vt.jpg

Thanks again Alexandria. You posts are always much appreciated. The Ogilvy wedding picture has her looking real worried about something. Are they still married?

Thank you for clearing that up Jenna1186. I thought the names sounded familiar but the Susan Wright part threw me off. I thought Fergie's mother's last name was Barrantes. It was late and I was tired but there were so many great pictures I had to keep posting. Only this morning did I realize that Barrantes was probably the last name of Fergie's step-father. :blink: :doh:

Lady Pamela Mountbatten and a very young Princess Anne pose for a wedding portrait.

www.gettyimages.com

Lord Romsey & Penelope Eastwood 1979

Norton Knatchbull (known as Lord Romsey) married Penelope Eastwood in October 1979, at Romsey Abbey (Hampshire). The groom is a grandson of Lord Louis Mountbatten.

From Star and Corbis:

It is a nice dress. I remember, at the time of the Prince of Wales's wedding, thinking that Lady Romsey's dress was much nicer than Diana's. Unfortunately, Diana's great meringue of a dress influenced wedding-dress designers for years.

Countess Astrid Ullens de Schooten & Lionel Jadot 1996

Countess Astrid Ullens de Schooten-Whettnall (*1971) married Lionel Jadot (*1969) on September 8th 1996, at the Église Saint-Pierre (Brussels). The bride is the daughter of Madeleine Ingerborg Ella Astra Elsa Bernadotte, Countess von Rosen, and of Charles Albert Ullens, Count de Schooten-Whetnall.

The the wedding gown was designed by the house of Jacques Fath.

Photos by Corbis:

Thanks Elsa! Here are more wedding pictures from Australian Picture Library.

#2 Princess Märtha Louise of Norway & Prince Laurent of Belgium.

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Elsa and Mandy:)

I just love the bride's dress, suits her figure perfectly. I, especially love the neckline.

Btw, how is the bride related to the Bernadottes?? Any pictures of them attending the wedding??

Remind of Princess Laurentien's bridal dress.

Wonderful gown! It looks like mine! :)

hilal said:
Remind of Princess Laurentien's bridal dress.
Well, IMHO it reminds more of Princess Maxima's gown (I mean, the neckline).

The neckline of Astrid and Maxima's dresses are very similar but the rest of the dress is rather different -- or as different as one can get with wedding dresses.

Maxima's dress was much more structured and the fabric seemed much heavier and stronger than Astrid's dress (see the first post especially by Elsa).

Maxima's dress seemed constricted and difficult to move in whereas Astrid's dress seems free flowing and moved with her body movements rather than dictating how her body moved.

Countess Stephanie von Bismarck-Schönhausen (*1976) married Baron Karl-Theodor von und zu Guttenberg (*1971), on February 12th, 2000. The wedding took place at the Pfarrkirche St. Zeno, in Bad Reichenhall, Upper Bavaria (Germany) and, after the church ceremony, a reception was held at the Altes Kurhaus.

The bride is a daughter of Count Andreas von Bismarck-Schönhausen (himself grandson of Prince Herbert von Bismarck) and of his second wife, Charlotte Kinberg.

The groom is a son of Baron Georg Enoch von und zu Guttenberg (himself a son of Princess Rose-Sophie d’Arenberg) and of his former wife, Countess Christiane von und zu Eltz (Faust von Stromberg).

Photos by SeegerPress:

Baron Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg & Countess Stephanie von Bismarck-Schönhausen 2000

This is Pfarrkirche St. Zeno, by SeegerPress:

From the reception, at the Altes Kurhaus. By SeegerPress:

Baron Karl-Theodor zu Guttenberg & Countess Stephanie von Bismarck-Schönhausen 2000

Some of the guests, by SeegerPress:

1. Princesses Anna and Helene von Bayern;
2. Princesses Anna and Helene von Bayern with Elisabeth in Bayern;
3. Princesses Maria Philippa and Ursula von Bayern and Anna in Bayern;
4. the mother of the bride with Princes Leopold and Ursula von Bayer;
5. Baron Georg-Enoch von und zu Guttenberg (father of the groom) with Prince Leopold von Bayern;
6. Prince Georg and Princess Benedikta zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Hohenstein;
7. Prince Carl-Eugen zu Oettingen-Wallerstein and Princess Alexandra zu Sayn-Wittgenstein-Sayn;
8. Prince Manuel and Princess Maria Philippa von Bayern;
9. Erbprinz Kraft zu Hohenlohe-Oehringen;
10. Fürst Ferdinand and Fürstin Elisabeth von Bismarck.

Thanks. Any news about the couple?

Elsa M., you just ROCK! :)
I just love those wedding pictures, especially those of lesser-known royals: I always learn new things that way!

As for the bride, seldom have I seen a more glamerous one! Wonder though what her dress looks like under that gorgeous coat. Any idea who the designer is?

And one more q: What does/did she do for a living, do we know?

magnik said:
Thanks. Any news about the couple?
They have two daughters: Anna Benedicte (*2001) and Mathilde Stephanie (*2002).

Baron Karl-Theodor is a lawyer for job and he's a deputy for the CDU/CSU. Until 2002, he worked as a journalist at the daily paper Die Welt.

Princess Olga, I'm sorry, but I don't know who signed the wedding gown. It would be however iteresting if anyone could find out, since Countess Stephenie is well-known for being an elegant and a très chic lady. I remember reading something about a ball, where she appeared wearing a gown by Christian Lacroix, so everything seems to point to her choosing a famous designer for her wedding... but I don't know more about it. I'm sorry.

Count Wolfgang de Limburg Stirum & Martine Eykerman 1999

This one comes from point de vue June 30th 1999.

The wedding of count Wolfgang de Limburg Stirum and Martine Eykerman in Ohain (Belgium). They got married in the St Etienne church, by the parish priest, Christophe Pastuszak.

The party was held at the castle of La Hulpe.

I like the simple elegance of the bride's dress, it goes together well with her bouquet and tiara.

1. the bride with her father, Luc Eyckerman
2. the married couple leaves church
3. posing for photos at the castle of La Hulpe
4. brides children Sophie Cornet d'Elzius and Geoffroy t'Serstevens

Count Wolfgang de Limburg Stirum & Martine Eykerman 1999

1. count and countess Emmanuel de Limburg Stirum, the happy parents of the groom
2. count Christophe de Limburg Stirum (looks like a schoolboy) and his wife Eloïse du Petit Thouars
3. count Thierry de Limburg Stirum (head of the family) and his wife countess Katia della Faille de Leverghem
4. Sophie van den Hecke, Alexandre Vaxelaire, Natalia del Vaglio Rosati.
5. Baudouin Jolly and his wife Auriane de Giey
6. Mme Bruno Martens (sister of the bride) and Carole de Poortere.

Back
Top Bottom