The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #241  
Old 07-14-2019, 03:56 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
It really is a pleasure to see photos of this happy couple. Is he a crown prince? He looks it. We just hope for more happy news soon!
He never was a Crown Prince. His mother and aunts were not successors even. When King Michael proposed a new succession it looked like this:

Princess Margareta

Princess Elena
Nicholas Michael Medforth-Mills - REMOVED
Elizabeth Karina Medforth-Mills

Princess Irina - REMOVED
Michael Torsten Kreuger - REMOVED
Kohen Kreuger - REMOVED
Angelica Margareta Bianca Kreuger - REMOVED
Courtney Bianca Knight - REMOVED
Diana Knight - REMOVED

Princess Sophia
Élisabeth-Marie Bianca Elena Biarneix

Princess Maria
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #242  
Old 07-14-2019, 04:23 AM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He never was a Crown Prince. His mother and aunts were not successors even. When King Michael proposed a new succession it looked like this:

Princess Margareta

Princess Elena
Nicholas Michael Medforth-Mills - REMOVED
Elizabeth Karina Medforth-Mills

Princess Irina - REMOVED
Michael Torsten Kreuger - REMOVED
Kohen Kreuger - REMOVED
Angelica Margareta Bianca Kreuger - REMOVED
Courtney Bianca Knight - REMOVED
Diana Knight - REMOVED

Princess Sophia
Élisabeth-Marie Bianca Elena Biarneix

Princess Maria
Would you know why did the late King Michael I removed her daughter Princess Irina from the line of succession?
__________________

__________________
'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'
~ Chinua Achebe


The Royal Fly®️
Reply With Quote
  #243  
Old 07-14-2019, 04:30 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Would you know why did the late King Michael I removed her daughter Princess Irina from the line of succession?
His daughter Princess Irina was involved in the organization of illegal gambling, including cockfights. However a crime, for me personally it is questionable for a removal. In normal situations a successor looses his/her right by severe crimes or acts of treason. But King Michael apparently did demand a spotless and ethic parcours from his descendants. And certainly it did not matter to King Michael that the children and grandchildren of Princess Irina had nothing to do with their (grand-)parents' activities: they were removed as well.
Reply With Quote
  #244  
Old 07-14-2019, 06:17 AM
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: England, United Kingdom
Posts: 2,812
The old King certainly seeemd quite strict in terms of standards required from those with HRH Prince/Princess. I wonder if, in part, the fact he stripped his own daughter and grandchildren of their titles for a relatively minor illegal act (though of course still a crime) meant he felt he had to strip Nicholas of his title when it was known he had fathered a child out of wedlock.
Reply With Quote
  #245  
Old 07-15-2019, 07:43 PM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The old King certainly seeemd quite strict in terms of standards required from those with HRH Prince/Princess. I wonder if, in part, the fact he stripped his own daughter and grandchildren of their titles for a relatively minor illegal act (though of course still a crime) meant he felt he had to strip Nicholas of his title when it was known he had fathered a child out of wedlock.
Imagine Queen Elizabeth II would strip William, and in one go George, Charlotte and Louis as well. That would be unheard of. In this sense King Michael was pretty unpredictable and ruthless. Note that he removed Princess Sophie and her daughter Élisabeth out of the Royal House because he (rightly) disagreed with Alain Biarneix, a proven fantast, as son-in-law. After Princess Sophia's divorce, she and Élisabeth returned in the King's grace and favour. So we have to wait to see Nicholas welcomed back by his mother Princess Elena, the current Heiress.
Reply With Quote
  #246  
Old 07-15-2019, 09:33 PM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,391
I think the late King Michael was so strict for one reason. It might be because he was only protecting the dignity of the Royal House of Romania, most especially since, he issued a statute promulgating the new Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania in 2007 (with the absence of the parliament.)

In the statute it declares the abolition of Salic Law should monarchy be restored in Romania and prohibits foreigners from the line of succession (the Lambrinos and the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.)

I read an article before saying that Nicholas was stripped off of his Princely status due to not adhering to "principled modesty and morality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rinciples.html
__________________
'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'
~ Chinua Achebe


The Royal Fly®️
Reply With Quote
  #247  
Old 07-16-2019, 06:24 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I think the late King Michael was so strict for one reason. It might be because he was only protecting the dignity of the Royal House of Romania, most especially since, he issued a statute promulgating the new Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania in 2007 (with the absence of the parliament.)

In the statute it declares the abolition of Salic Law should monarchy be restored in Romania and prohibits foreigners from the line of succession (the Lambrinos and the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.)

I read an article before saying that Nicholas was stripped off of his Princely status due to not adhering to "principled modesty and morality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rinciples.html

The key lies with Nicholas. A spotless parcours and loyalty and adherence to his mother Princess Elena and his aunt Princess Margareta. Then hoping and waiting to return in grace and favour. It happened before: see Nicholas' aunt Princess Sophia and his cousine Élisabeth Biarneix. I think the outcome of the Swiss investigation and eventual juridical procedure blurs it all a bit.
Reply With Quote
  #248  
Old 07-16-2019, 06:33 AM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,391
Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The key lies with Nicholas. A spotless parcours and loyalty and adherence to his mother Princess Elena and his aunt Princess Margareta. Then hoping and waiting to return in grace and favour. It happened before: see Nicholas' aunt Princess Sophia and his cousine Élisabeth Biarneix. I think the outcome of the Swiss investigation and eventual juridical procedure blurs it all a bit.
I certainly hope so. Romanian monarchy restoration is one possible thing to happen in the future compared to other deposed royal families. I hope he'll be there to support his aunt and mom.
__________________
'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'
~ Chinua Achebe


The Royal Fly®️
Reply With Quote
  #249  
Old 07-16-2019, 07:17 AM
Duc_et_Pair's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: City, Netherlands
Posts: 9,821
Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
I certainly hope so. Romanian monarchy restoration is one possible thing to happen in the future compared to other deposed royal families. I hope he'll be there to support his aunt and mom.

The monarchy will most likely never be restored. The system which functions now: a republic with a Royal House in a ceremonial and representative role, is the best they can dream about. And it actually fills the democractic deficit of a monarchy: the Romanians have all positions of state elected in a democratic process, at the same time they find it desirable to conserve what ties them to the past. Well done, Romania.

This is nothing new: between 1581 and 1814 the Netherlands were a Republic (which did not at all meant any democratic process by the way) with the House of Orange-Nassau occupying the highest position of said Republic by hereditary succession indeed.
Reply With Quote
  #250  
Old 07-18-2019, 04:43 PM
An Ard Ri's Avatar
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Location: An Iarmhí, Ireland
Posts: 25,195
What happens after in the future the death of the current popular Crown Princess is anyone's guess but for now they have it as good as stated as it gets under the current system.
__________________

8th of January,2020 -Death of HRH The Infanta Doña Pilar of Spain, Duchess of Badajoz,Dowager Viscountess de la Torre
Reply With Quote
  #251  
Old 07-19-2019, 02:43 AM
Dalriada's Avatar
Nobility
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Posts: 301
Who knows what the future holds as history is made while on a moving feast. An ever growing popular “returned” prince with heirs could transform the republic
Reply With Quote
  #252  
Old 07-19-2019, 03:00 AM
theroyalfly's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: May 2019
Location: N/A, Australia
Posts: 1,391
I also don't lose hope for Romania. They deserve better representation.
__________________
'Until the lions have their own historians, the history of the hunt will always glorify the hunter.'
~ Chinua Achebe


The Royal Fly®️
Reply With Quote
  #253  
Old 09-30-2019, 12:03 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,290
First wedding anniversary today

Nicolae posted this photo to his social media
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...c0&oe=5DF5A2AF
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3BqBxAo04o/

Alina-Maria posted these photos to her social media
https://scontent-hel2-1.xx.fbcdn.net...3f&oe=5E2B25DC
https://www.facebook.com/alinambinde...36883336709644
https://www.instagram.com/p/B3B8-jfnLD3/
Reply With Quote
  #254  
Old 11-05-2019, 02:34 PM
LadyFinn's Avatar
Imperial Majesty
 
Join Date: Jun 2007
Location: Southwest, Finland
Posts: 30,290
Nicolae at his website about their first wedding anniversary

87 years after the last royal wedding celebrated in Sinaia, Nicolae and Alina-Maria united their destinies in the Church of St. Elijah, located in the heart of the Carpathian Pearl. September 30, 2018 remains as the symbol of a covenant of love and mutual trust, a renewal of the connection of Romanian royalty with its essence, Romanians.
The first anniversary of their wedding finds them on the verge of launching the Asociatia Principele Nicolae (Prince Nicolae Association), in which the two are aiming to influence the education of future generations by example, developing concrete projects of social impact for Romania.
Un an de Căsătorie _ Nicolae al Romaniei
__________________

Reply With Quote
Reply


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Nicholas & Alina Maria de Roumanie Medforth Mills, News & Events (Jan 2018 -Current) Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 569 Yesterday 06:02 AM
Nicholas de Roumanie Medforth Mills: Discussion, Succession, Paternity Claims Marengo The Royal Family of Romania 108 01-20-2020 04:36 PM
Engagement & Civil Marriage of Nicholas Medforth-Mills and Alina Maria Binder - 2017 Jacknch The Royal Family of Romania 75 09-08-2018 07:10 PM




Popular Tags
alqasimi althorp archie mountbatten-windsor aristocracy armenia bangladesh belgian royal family birthday celebration castles charles of wales clarence house crown prince hussein crown prince hussein's future wife crown princess victoria current events cypher cyprus danish history denmark diana princess of wales duchess of sussex duke & duchess of cambridge; duke of cambridge duke of sussex dutch dutch royal family felipe vi foundation french revolution friendly city future genealogy general news germany hamdan bin mohammed hill house of bourbon house of saxe-coburg and gotha king salman languages lithuanian castles meghan markle memoir mohammed vi monaco christening monaco history monarchism nobel 2019 official visit palaces prince charles prince harry prince of wales princess margaret royal children royal tour russian imperial family saudi arabia south africa spain spanish history spencer family state visit sweden swedish royal family swedish royalty thai royal family tracts united kingdom working royals; full-time royals; part-time royals;


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 09:57 PM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2020
Jelsoft Enterprises
×