The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 07-14-2019, 02:56 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dalriada View Post
It really is a pleasure to see photos of this happy couple. Is he a crown prince? He looks it. We just hope for more happy news soon!
He never was a Crown Prince. His mother and aunts were not successors even. When King Michael proposed a new succession it looked like this:

Princess Margareta

Princess Elena
Nicholas Michael Medforth-Mills - REMOVED
Elizabeth Karina Medforth-Mills

Princess Irina - REMOVED
Michael Torsten Kreuger - REMOVED
Kohen Kreuger - REMOVED
Angelica Margareta Bianca Kreuger - REMOVED
Courtney Bianca Knight - REMOVED
Diana Knight - REMOVED

Princess Sophia
Élisabeth-Marie Bianca Elena Biarneix

Princess Maria

Old 07-14-2019, 03:23 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
He never was a Crown Prince. His mother and aunts were not successors even. When King Michael proposed a new succession it looked like this:

Princess Margareta

Princess Elena
Nicholas Michael Medforth-Mills - REMOVED
Elizabeth Karina Medforth-Mills

Princess Irina - REMOVED
Michael Torsten Kreuger - REMOVED
Kohen Kreuger - REMOVED
Angelica Margareta Bianca Kreuger - REMOVED
Courtney Bianca Knight - REMOVED
Diana Knight - REMOVED

Princess Sophia
Élisabeth-Marie Bianca Elena Biarneix

Princess Maria
Would you know why did the late King Michael I removed her daughter Princess Irina from the line of succession?

Old 07-14-2019, 03:30 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by theroyalfly View Post
Would you know why did the late King Michael I removed her daughter Princess Irina from the line of succession?
His daughter Princess Irina was involved in the organization of illegal gambling, including cockfights. However a crime, for me personally it is questionable for a removal. In normal situations a successor looses his/her right by severe crimes or acts of treason. But King Michael apparently did demand a spotless and ethic parcours from his descendants. And certainly it did not matter to King Michael that the children and grandchildren of Princess Irina had nothing to do with their (grand-)parents' activities: they were removed as well.
Old 07-14-2019, 05:17 AM
Heir Presumptive

The old King certainly seeemd quite strict in terms of standards required from those with HRH Prince/Princess. I wonder if, in part, the fact he stripped his own daughter and grandchildren of their titles for a relatively minor illegal act (though of course still a crime) meant he felt he had to strip Nicholas of his title when it was known he had fathered a child out of wedlock.
Old 07-15-2019, 06:43 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
The old King certainly seeemd quite strict in terms of standards required from those with HRH Prince/Princess. I wonder if, in part, the fact he stripped his own daughter and grandchildren of their titles for a relatively minor illegal act (though of course still a crime) meant he felt he had to strip Nicholas of his title when it was known he had fathered a child out of wedlock.
Imagine Queen Elizabeth II would strip William, and in one go George, Charlotte and Louis as well. That would be unheard of. In this sense King Michael was pretty unpredictable and ruthless. Note that he removed Princess Sophie and her daughter Élisabeth out of the Royal House because he (rightly) disagreed with Alain Biarneix, a proven fantast, as son-in-law. After Princess Sophia's divorce, she and Élisabeth returned in the King's grace and favour. So we have to wait to see Nicholas welcomed back by his mother Princess Elena, the current Heiress.
Old 07-15-2019, 08:33 PM
Serene Highness

I think the late King Michael was so strict for one reason. It might be because he was only protecting the dignity of the Royal House of Romania, most especially since, he issued a statute promulgating the new Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania in 2007 (with the absence of the parliament.)

In the statute it declares the abolition of Salic Law should monarchy be restored in Romania and prohibits foreigners from the line of succession (the Lambrinos and the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.)

I read an article before saying that Nicholas was stripped off of his Princely status due to not adhering to "principled modesty and morality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rinciples.html
Old 07-16-2019, 05:24 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I think the late King Michael was so strict for one reason. It might be because he was only protecting the dignity of the Royal House of Romania, most especially since, he issued a statute promulgating the new Fundamental Rules of the Royal Family of Romania in 2007 (with the absence of the parliament.)

In the statute it declares the abolition of Salic Law should monarchy be restored in Romania and prohibits foreigners from the line of succession (the Lambrinos and the House of Hohenzollern-Sigmaringen.)

I read an article before saying that Nicholas was stripped off of his Princely status due to not adhering to "principled modesty and morality."

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/wor...rinciples.html

The key lies with Nicholas. A spotless parcours and loyalty and adherence to his mother Princess Elena and his aunt Princess Margareta. Then hoping and waiting to return in grace and favour. It happened before: see Nicholas' aunt Princess Sophia and his cousine Élisabeth Biarneix. I think the outcome of the Swiss investigation and eventual juridical procedure blurs it all a bit.
Old 07-16-2019, 05:33 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duc_et_Pair View Post
The key lies with Nicholas. A spotless parcours and loyalty and adherence to his mother Princess Elena and his aunt Princess Margareta. Then hoping and waiting to return in grace and favour. It happened before: see Nicholas' aunt Princess Sophia and his cousine Élisabeth Biarneix. I think the outcome of the Swiss investigation and eventual juridical procedure blurs it all a bit.
I certainly hope so. Romanian monarchy restoration is one possible thing to happen in the future compared to other deposed royal families. I hope he'll be there to support his aunt and mom.
Old 07-16-2019, 06:17 AM
Majesty

Quote:
I certainly hope so. Romanian monarchy restoration is one possible thing to happen in the future compared to other deposed royal families. I hope he'll be there to support his aunt and mom.

The monarchy will most likely never be restored. The system which functions now: a republic with a Royal House in a ceremonial and representative role, is the best they can dream about. And it actually fills the democractic deficit of a monarchy: the Romanians have all positions of state elected in a democratic process, at the same time they find it desirable to conserve what ties them to the past. Well done, Romania.

This is nothing new: between 1581 and 1814 the Netherlands were a Republic (which did not at all meant any democratic process by the way) with the House of Orange-Nassau occupying the highest position of said Republic by hereditary succession indeed.
Old 07-18-2019, 03:43 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

What happens after in the future the death of the current popular Crown Princess is anyone's guess but for now they have it as good as stated as it gets under the current system.

August 25th, 1270 -Death of King Louis IX of France
Old 07-19-2019, 01:43 AM
Aristocracy

Who knows what the future holds as history is made while on a moving feast. An ever growing popular “returned” prince with heirs could transform the republic
Old 07-19-2019, 02:00 AM
Serene Highness

I also don't lose hope for Romania. They deserve better representation.