The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-07-2006, 09:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Ive come to a conculsion with the hats. I think the thing that kills them is that they are worn to close up front. They should be worn back incorporated into some sort of a hair style. Its to overpowering up front. There is a really close up pic of the tiara on getty if someone can post it. It shows the beautiful detailing.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:19 PM
Administrator in Memoriam

Tiara!

courtesy Getty Images & Tamara at GREMB

The Cubitt (now Shand) Tiara

Old 05-07-2006, 12:52 PM
Serene Highness

thanks so much for the photos it looks like a lovely family wedding. i never noticed how much she looks like her mother, amazing resemblence. I thought the bride looked beautiful, the dress was plain but it looks like it has nice details. she would have looked silly in an over the top poofy dress walking down the country lane. Camilla looked very pretty (hate the hat and pleats) but the color looks good on her. Kates outfit is flawless (i'm ignoring the hat, enoughs been said about that) the stitching(?) on the coat is beautiful.
What did the brides brothers wife (sarah?) wear? hope she had on a skirt that covered her backside, remember that horrible outfit she wore to the wedding of C & C. omg worst fashion mistake ever seen, including the hats.
i think elspeth is right that is a tribble
Old 05-07-2006, 01:19 PM
Heir Apparent

more from corbis

Old 05-07-2006, 01:19 PM

The Duchess looked wonderful although the green tumbleweed was something I could have happily swapped for a nice hat. But Laura's the most important gal on the day and she looked stunning and so much like her mother.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:25 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by cde
Did anyone see Major Bruce Shand at the wedding? I know he has terminal cancer but he must be really bad if he didn't make Laura's wedding.
It would be shame but I think he is behind Princes William and Harry in posts 62 and 101? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:34 PM
Heir Presumptive

Am I the only one who liked Kate's and Camilla's hats? And Laura looked splendid as well... Beautiful hairdo...

Old 05-07-2006, 01:36 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Am I the only one who liked Kate's and Camilla's hats? And Laura looked splendid as well... Beautiful hairdo...
No you are not the only one! I thought they were lovely and very much 'in vogue' at the moment! :)
Old 05-07-2006, 01:39 PM
Courtier

I too like Kate and Camilla's hats. I think they're very elegant.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:41 PM

They're in fashion. But I prefer a Beatrix-style bit of headgear myself. I thought Kate looked like a small owl had perched itself on her head but there we are.

It got lost in Camilla's hair too when she wore it. Advice is needed.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaChicaMadrilena
Probably you're the only, but it's spring than ladies can wear hats like these Laura's hairdo indeed nice. Am I the only one who don't like Laura's gown? I expect smth more abou her wed-gown. Maybe if it wouldn't has these flowers and I don't know how call it -frills? Why I think that she reminds me somehow Princess Maxima and her husband one of Luxembourg Princes?
Congratulations to the couple.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:48 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

I love the Shand tiara but it gets lost in the bride's hair. Thanks Warren for the closeup pic.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 05-07-2006, 01:55 PM
Nobility

I think Kate may have been better with a gold or natural coloured feather and it could have been placed further back.

I really like Camilla wearing these style of headgear, it suits her. If you get the right colour and position the feathers are great, as you can see the ladies face but sometimes they look like a bird has landed on your head.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:05 PM
Gentry

Is it only me who thinks that Laura has a striking resemblance to Princess Di with that hairdo?
Old 05-07-2006, 02:18 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Merca
Is it only me who thinks that Laura has a striking resemblance to Princess Di with that hairdo?
I don't see it.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:21 PM

Nor me. But there's a slight resemblance between Kate and Princess Mary of Denmark methinks.
Old 05-07-2006, 02:58 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeatrixFan
Nor me. But there's a slight resemblance between Kate and Princess Mary of Denmark methinks.
Glad I'm not the only person who sees that... :p
Old 05-07-2006, 03:12 PM

And me! Thought it was my specs causing me to see resemblances. IMO Kate isn't as pretty as Mary but the similarity is there.
Old 05-07-2006, 03:19 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes Kate and Mary look alot alike :) both very Pretty
Old 05-07-2006, 04:30 PM

Prince Charles looks so much happier since he married Camilla. He seems to smile more and I have often seen pictures of him laughing. I suppose that if you are with your true love it will show on your face.