The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2006, 11:34 PM
Commoner

You very rarely see William and Kate together, why aren't they photographed together at this wedding?

Old 05-06-2006, 11:39 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by angele
You very rarely see William and Kate together, why aren't they photographed together at this wedding?
I would guess they are not photographed together at the wedding so as to not draw attention away from the bride and groom. The emphasis should be on Laura and Harry, not William and Kate.

Old 05-07-2006, 12:09 AM
Serene Highness

Laura is really beautiful. I hope she had a fairytale day. It was nice to see all the Windsor men together again. Is it my imagination, or does Charles look happier and more relaxed since he married Camilla?
Old 05-07-2006, 12:21 AM
Nobility

i don't like Laura's dress, too simple. i fancy more elaborately made wedding gown.
Kate looks very good. her "hat" is similar to that of Camilla's. this sort of dress&everything must be expensive, i wonder who's paying for her

Life is mostly froth and bubbles Two things stand like stone
Kindness in others' trouble Courage in your own
Old 05-07-2006, 12:24 AM
Heir Presumptive

Kate and her family are very wealthy so I think she does.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:26 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvn2299
there are a ton at getty..over 100
here's the link
http://editorial.gettyimages.com/sou...e=0&pg=1&am=-1
Thank you sooooo much for the link. I would of never found it by myself.
Old 05-07-2006, 12:29 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Location: Down the street. It's the third house on the right, United States
Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm not sure I like this trend in headgear where the ladies look as though they're being attacked by an alien sea anemone on amphetamines, but I suppose it's just one of those things we'll have to live through.

Having said that, I think Kate looks more as though she's under attack by a riled-up tribble.
You saw the new Hat trend at Charles & Camilla's wedding & I think you could see the beginnings of it at Edward & Sophie's wedding. I would think the strings or whatever they are hanging down in their face would be annoying & bothersome. If it were me I'd be swatting at it all the time

Old 05-07-2006, 12:35 AM
Nobility

Isn't Harry Lopes also going to inherit a title? Baron Roborough (spelling?) -- wouldn't that give Laura a title, too?

And by the way, William is really losing his hair and looking more like Grandfather Spencer the older he gets.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:47 AM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pictures and the video link (seeing video on the Royals is a treat to me. Somehow I always miss the video on the Royals the American new stations put on. :( )
I am not a fan of Laura's clothing choices as general rule, but I thought she looked vey pretty today. It seemed like a really nice wedding. Camilla looked as happy as Laura.
Being an American, I have never quite got the hat thing in England but they have grown on me. I actually liked Camillas and Kate's hats.

Did anyone see Major Bruce Shand at the wedding? I know he has terminal cancer but he must be really bad if he didn't make Laura's wedding.
Old 05-07-2006, 01:53 AM
Aristocracy

Laura's tiara resembles Princess Astrid's tiara

Laura's Tiara
http://s2.supload.com/image.php?get=...0506170253.jpg

Princess Astrid's Tiara
http://theroyalforums.com/gallery/sh....php?i=179&c=3
Old 05-07-2006, 02:11 AM
Heir Apparent

from corbis

Old 05-07-2006, 02:14 AM
Heir Presumptive

Aww, that's a really beautiful photo of the happy couple: http://img133.imagevenue.com/img.php...2_16769207.jpg You can really see the details of her earrings.Thanks for posting it.

Old 05-07-2006, 02:22 AM
Heir Apparent

more from corbis

Old 05-07-2006, 02:38 AM
Aristocracy

They look so sweet together. I really like Laura's hair, too, but not her dress as much.
And yes, what is with the head pieces?! It's like floral arrangements aren't held but worn now?!
Old 05-07-2006, 04:04 AM
Heir Presumptive

Thanks for the wonderful pictures everyone.

I must say I absolutely love Laura's hairstyle and the jewelry she wore. But, like other I felt, although her gown was beautiful it was very loose around the waist (giving fire to the rumor that she may be expecting). The groom looked waaay younger than his 29 years.

As far as the dresses for the guests, loved what Camilla and Kate wore, sans the hats (if that's what they were). Why can't people stick with the conventional hats?? Ascots is bad enough, IMO, the bad hats shouldn't be made to endure on other days.
Old 05-07-2006, 04:28 AM
Heir Apparent

is there a family portrait?
Old 05-07-2006, 04:51 AM
Royal Highness

Ah, what can I say, except I wish I was there, a spring morning wedding with the upper crust of the English gentry and some royals, beautiful ladies, smart Princes...
Old 05-07-2006, 08:22 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks to everyone for posting all these pictures!

It really seemed to be a great, warm and happy wedding. The size of it was also good, not too large or too small, but somewhere in between. A fantastic gathering of people indeed. Kate looked incredibly elegant (her coat is just fab, and it looks expensive as well), she looks like a princess already :) Groomed to enter the royal cicles as a titled lady perhaps, we'll see what happens in the future... Poor William, soon he's going to have less hair than his own father!

The bride looked wonderful, her hair was set in a lovely way, and that tiara really suits her wonderfully. And the groom, as many of you have said, he looks really young - if I didn't know better, I would perhaps guess on somewhere around 18-19!
Old 05-07-2006, 09:04 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elspeth
I'm not sure I like this trend in headgear where the ladies look as though they're being attacked by an alien sea anemone on amphetamines, but I suppose it's just one of those things we'll have to live through.

Having said that, I think Kate looks more as though she's under attack by a riled-up tribble.
Oh, you are awful! (but I like it!). A woman of taste and discernment. Incidently, I thought those hats looked like something the cat dragged in...ugh!

My mother said that when she was young they used to call those little cocktail hats "Whimsy's", I guess because they where sometimes a little whimsical.

But Camilla and Kate's hats are hysterical.....someone hand me the valium 'cos I'm going to need to be feeling no pain if those hats are in for the long haul. :p

Otherwise, I thought that Laura looked stunning. You just can't beat love to make a bride look beautiful or a mother look proud. :) :)
Old 05-07-2006, 09:15 AM
Aristocracy

laura's day

laura looked wonderful and i loved that old fashions gail.