Laura Parker-Bowles & Harry Lopes, May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
They look so sweet together. I really like Laura's hair, too, but not her dress as much.
And yes, what is with the head pieces?! It's like floral arrangements aren't held but worn now?!

Thanks for the wonderful pictures everyone.

I must say I absolutely love Laura's hairstyle and the jewelry she wore. But, like other I felt, although her gown was beautiful it was very loose around the waist (giving fire to the rumor that she may be expecting). The groom looked waaay younger than his 29 years.

As far as the dresses for the guests, loved what Camilla and Kate wore, sans the hats (if that's what they were). Why can't people stick with the conventional hats?? Ascots is bad enough, IMO, the bad hats shouldn't be made to endure on other days.

Ah, what can I say, except I wish I was there, a spring morning wedding with the upper crust of the English gentry and some royals, beautiful ladies, smart Princes...

Thanks to everyone for posting all these pictures!

It really seemed to be a great, warm and happy wedding. The size of it was also good, not too large or too small, but somewhere in between. A fantastic gathering of people indeed. Kate looked incredibly elegant (her coat is just fab, and it looks expensive as well), she looks like a princess already :) Groomed to enter the royal cicles as a titled lady perhaps, we'll see what happens in the future... Poor William, soon he's going to have less hair than his own father! :D

The bride looked wonderful, her hair was set in a lovely way, and that tiara really suits her wonderfully. And the groom, as many of you have said, he looks really young - if I didn't know better, I would perhaps guess on somewhere around 18-19!

Elspeth said:
I'm not sure I like this trend in headgear where the ladies look as though they're being attacked by an alien sea anemone on amphetamines, but I suppose it's just one of those things we'll have to live through.

Having said that, I think Kate looks more as though she's under attack by a riled-up tribble.

Oh, you are awful! (but I like it!). A woman of taste and discernment. Incidently, I thought those hats looked like something the cat dragged in...ugh! :eek:

My mother said that when she was young they used to call those little cocktail hats "Whimsy's", I guess because they where sometimes a little whimsical. ;)

But Camilla and Kate's hats are hysterical.....someone hand me the valium 'cos I'm going to need to be feeling no pain if those hats are in for the long haul. :p

Otherwise, I thought that Laura looked stunning. You just can't beat love to make a bride look beautiful or a mother look proud. :) :)

Last edited:
laura's day

laura looked wonderful and i loved that old fashions gail. :D

Ive come to a conculsion with the hats. I think the thing that kills them is that they are worn to close up front. They should be worn back incorporated into some sort of a hair style. Its to overpowering up front. There is a really close up pic of the tiara on getty if someone can post it. It shows the beautiful detailing.

Tiara!

courtesy Getty Images & Tamara at GREMB

The Cubitt (now Shand) Tiara

351355ad.jpg

thanks so much for the photos it looks like a lovely family wedding. i never noticed how much she looks like her mother, amazing resemblence. I thought the bride looked beautiful, the dress was plain but it looks like it has nice details. she would have looked silly in an over the top poofy dress walking down the country lane. Camilla looked very pretty (hate the hat and pleats) but the color looks good on her. Kates outfit is flawless (i'm ignoring the hat, enoughs been said about that) the stitching(?) on the coat is beautiful.
What did the brides brothers wife (sarah?) wear? hope she had on a skirt that covered her backside, remember that horrible outfit she wore to the wedding of C & C. omg worst fashion mistake ever seen, including the hats.
i think elspeth is right that is a tribble

The Duchess looked wonderful although the green tumbleweed was something I could have happily swapped for a nice hat. But Laura's the most important gal on the day and she looked stunning and so much like her mother.

cde said:
Did anyone see Major Bruce Shand at the wedding? I know he has terminal cancer but he must be really bad if he didn't make Laura's wedding.

It would be shame but I think he is behind Princes William and Harry in posts 62 and 101? Someone please correct me if I am wrong.

Am I the only one who liked Kate's and Camilla's hats?:D And Laura looked splendid as well... Beautiful hairdo...

LaChicaMadrilena said:
Am I the only one who liked Kate's and Camilla's hats?:D And Laura looked splendid as well... Beautiful hairdo...

No you are not the only one! I thought they were lovely and very much 'in vogue' at the moment! :)

I too like Kate and Camilla's hats. I think they're very elegant.

They're in fashion. But I prefer a Beatrix-style bit of headgear myself. I thought Kate looked like a small owl had perched itself on her head but there we are.

It got lost in Camilla's hair too when she wore it. Advice is needed.

Last edited by a moderator:
LaChicaMadrilena said:

Probably you're the only, but it's spring than ladies can wear hats like these:D Laura's hairdo indeed nice. Am I the only one who don't like Laura's gown? I expect smth more abou her wed-gown. Maybe if it wouldn't has these flowers and I don't know how call it -frills? Why I think that she reminds me somehow Princess Maxima and her husband one of Luxembourg Princes?
Congratulations to the couple.

Last edited:
I love the Shand tiara but it gets lost in the bride's hair. Thanks Warren for the closeup pic.

I think Kate may have been better with a gold or natural coloured feather and it could have been placed further back.

I really like Camilla wearing these style of headgear, it suits her. If you get the right colour and position the feathers are great, as you can see the ladies face but sometimes they look like a bird has landed on your head.

Is it only me who thinks that Laura has a striking resemblance to Princess Di with that hairdo?

Merca said:
Is it only me who thinks that Laura has a striking resemblance to Princess Di with that hairdo?

I don't see it.

Nor me. But there's a slight resemblance between Kate and Princess Mary of Denmark methinks.

BeatrixFan said:
Nor me. But there's a slight resemblance between Kate and Princess Mary of Denmark methinks.

Glad I'm not the only person who sees that... :p

And me! Thought it was my specs causing me to see resemblances. IMO Kate isn't as pretty as Mary but the similarity is there.

Yes Kate and Mary look alot alike :) both very Pretty

Prince Charles looks so much happier since he married Camilla. He seems to smile more and I have often seen pictures of him laughing. I suppose that if you are with your true love it will show on your face.

Back
Top Bottom