The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-06-2006, 06:57 PM
Courtier

I don´t think Laura is pregnant. But like her mother she isn´t really slim (Camilla only was very thin during her worthest time...). Both have a little problem with her waist, but great legs...

Old 05-06-2006, 06:59 PM
Nobility

Laura looked beautiful and wonderful. Camilla looked very much the proud mother. So nice to see everyone looking so good and happy. I do have to say that I loved Kate's shoes!

What was the bus for? To take people to the reception?

Old 05-06-2006, 07:02 PM
Nobility

No offend

Excuse me for asking - no harassment to anyone. Why is this thred in TRF? Laura Parker Bowles, 27, married a former Calvin Klein-model, Harry Lopes, 30. It was a local wedding in a local church with the local priest Sally Wheeler conducting a marraige ceremony. Nothing Royal about that! Camilla gave birth to a girl, Laura, as mrs Parker Bowles, a commoner Briton. Ok - the couple is lovely to look at, but Royal - NO!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Heir Presumptive

Wonderful Wedding The Bride and Groom make a nice couple :) A Really happy day for all Involved id say my best to the couple :)
Old 05-06-2006, 07:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
Excuse me for asking - no harassment to anyone. Why is this thred in TRF? Laura Parker Bowles, 27, married a former Calvin Klein-model, Harry Lopes, 30. It was a local wedding in a local church with the local priest Sally Wheeler conducting a marraige ceremony. Nothing Royal about that! Camilla gave birth to a girl, Laura, as mrs Parker Bowles, a commoner Briton. Ok - the couple is lovely to look at, but Royal - NO!
This wedding has royal ties though. Laura is the daughter of the Duchess of Cornwall and the step-daughter of the Prince of Wales. Also, if you look through all the wedding threads, there are also threads about celebrity weddings like David and Victoria Beckham. Laura surely is more "royal" than that. I don't think it's exclusive to royal weddings.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:18 PM
Gentry

Kate was stunning, despite her choice of head-gear. Camilla looked beautiful as well, and very much the proud mother, though I'm not sure about the pleats on the dress.

While the bride was beautiful, the dress was just not flattering at all. She and her husband are clearly very in love though, and the photographs are gorgeous.

Congratulations to all!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:34 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karisma
Laura's mother is married to the future King of England, not to mention Camilla may be Queen and that is Royal enough for me!

The bride and groom to not have to have Royal blood to be featured on this board, we have seen many wedding of aristocrats who happen to know the Royals and they were guests.

Who really cares anyway??? It is always nice to see a wedding and I will not turn down pictures of Kate and William!
Old 05-06-2006, 07:39 PM
Heir Presumptive

Laura is a gorgeuos bride. I love her dress. Laura is not skinny. She has curves like her mother and has never been slim and the I think the dress fits her body well. Her hair is gorgeous has well as her makeup. The couple are glowing. Theyve been together for years and they look like they have just fallen in love. Thats true love. Kate is gorgeous too. I love how she looks. I love hats of all kinds but I am still not sure about her and Camillas headpieces. Though I love Camillas hair. The bangs and curls are very nice. She should fix her hair like that when she wears tiaras. We finally get to see a really clear pic of Camillas wedding tiara. You can see all the details and it looks very pretty. From the old black and white pics and the banquet pics where Camilla wore the tiara the tiara did not look that pretty but I think it does now. I love this wedding. The village wedding with a very down to earth family and the love just oozes out of the pics. Great Wedding.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:47 PM
Courtier

Harry Lopes is 29 years old but he has a lovely babyface and he looks so cute.:) Laura is 27 years old. Harry and Laura are a nice couple and looks very in love.
Everyone is happy. Camilla looks a bit tired and I think she is between her daughter's wedding and her father's illness. But Camilla is certainly a proud mother who is happy for her daughter's wedding.
Nice photos, thanks.
Old 05-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a wonderful wedding! I just love the sleeves on Laura's dress, but I think it needed to be a bit tighter around the waist. It didn't seem to have a lot of shape. Pretty nonetheless. I'm not a big fan of the hair-style. Camilla looked fantastic. That coat was really lovely on her. What is on Kate's head? I was not too impressed. Harry Lopes looks very young, as other people have mentioned. At least with all of these paparazzi photos, one wouldn't have to fork out a hefty fee to have someone take them for you.

Old 05-06-2006, 07:57 PM
Serene Highness

Great pictures ...the bride is beautiful , the dress magnificent , the hairdo just cute , i really like Laura on her wedding day :)
Old 05-06-2006, 08:06 PM
Royal Highness

Thanks for the pics!

I'm personally not a fan of Laura's dress. I don't find it very flattering. It didn't seem to fit her well IMO. She does however seems extremly happy which is the important part!

I thought Kate looked great. I didn't really mind her hat. I'm not a big hat person anyway but I've seen worse.

And as always it is great to see pics of Wills and Harry.

Here is an article and video from the bbc http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/uk_news/4979654.stm
Old 05-06-2006, 08:13 PM
Administrator

Here's the thing...Laural might be a little hippy (aren't most women) so I am okay with the bottom of the dress...but the top does nothing for her figure. She is not a big girl on top. And yes...she does seem extremely happy as does her groom.

Anyone know why Rosemary Parker Bowles uses a cane. And does anyone have a full picture of Tom's wife. I believe she has on a purple suit on...I have seen her via the Getty site but not a full length picture.
Old 05-06-2006, 08:45 PM
Courtier

According to Getty Images (which isn't always correct) Harry Lopes is a nephew of the late Lord Roborough and grandson of the late Lord Astor. He will inherit the family seat, 1000-acre Gnaton Hall, near Plymouth in Devon. Harry used to be a Calvin Klein underwear model.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Love seeing the pics. Thanks to those who posted them.

FWIW, I love Laura's dress; I think it suits her body type and I think she looks lovely. Kate looks good, but I'm not a fan of the birdnest arrangement which I expect to fly away at any moment. As for Camilla, though she looks great and I love that colour on her, I'm not sure about the pleats, and I think her "hat" looks like someone threw a bride's bouquet and it stuck to the side of her head!

Everyone looks very happy though, and that's what really matters.
Old 05-06-2006, 09:59 PM

Laura's tiara is gorgeous! Is it a family heirloom?
Old 05-06-2006, 10:04 PM
Commoner

Laura looks beautiful and very happy. Kate looks very elegant. I really like her outfit.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:26 PM
Courtier

Kate is quite stunning today. She gets more so with each public appearance. I complain about her and William not having 'passion' for each other (lack of PDA's) but they seem steady and calm and that's cool.:) Great pictures, btw. Laura Parker-Bowles looked lovely and happy, as a bride ought to be.
Old 05-06-2006, 10:35 PM
Imperial Majesty

I'm not sure I like this trend in headgear where the ladies look as though they're being attacked by an alien sea anemone on amphetamines, but I suppose it's just one of those things we'll have to live through.

Having said that, I think Kate looks more as though she's under attack by a riled-up tribble.
Old 05-06-2006, 11:15 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for the pics everyone. The bride looked really beautiful and while her dress was a bit shapeless I think it suited her figure. Camilla looked great and they all looked so happy. That's the best part.
Kate is a gorgeous girl and I'd love to see her in a more traditional hat--why must she always wear something that looks like a bird exploded on the side of her head?! This new trend in headwear leaves me cold. Did you see the girl in the group photo outside the church who looks as though she has a bread plate complete with dinner roll stuck to the front of her head? Yikes