Laura Parker-Bowles & Harry Lopes, May 2006

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Even if Camilla and Kate looked both really good, I have to say that I don't like this kind of "hats"...:(
but it seems that many royal Lady's like such kind of hat ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Laura looks wonderful but have I missed something or is she pregnant?

no she is not pregant. (well atleast, if she is it hasnt been anounced)
i think it is just the cut of the dress.

interesting bit of diplomacy: Laura is wearing the same tiara her mom wore to her first wedding(to andrew parker bowles) and the same earrings her mom wore to her second wedding (to prince charles).

Laura looks beautiful ... the simple dress and the tiara are so flattering.

Ditto about Kate's coat, but I agree with Princess_Beatrix about the interesting hats that both she and the Duchess are wearing. They almost look as if the hats are sprouting from their heads! :)

I'm guessing from the lack of Harry pictures that he wasn't able to make it?

Everyone looked wonderful. The bride was beautiful and seems very much in love with her groom.

Now as previously mentioned, those hats of Camilla and Kate have got to go! It does look like the hats are sprouting from their heads.....

harry was there. i think i have seen a few photos of him.

he is on leave from the army right now. he was with chelsy earlier this week.

couldnt agree more about the hats. kate has such a lovely coat and then she messes it up by attaching something that looks like she scooped it off the bottom of the local pond to her head. it looks like it might be alive or something.

Beautiful simple and romantic wedding! I Love the way the bride looked.

Camilla & Kate were very beautiful as well, thanks for the pics everybody!

wow, pretty bride! I guess Camilla is very proud of her!
Since I don't follow the BRF very closely (even if I live in England lol:eek:) I have some questions to ask:
1. How old are her and her husband?
2. Why wasn't Chelsy with Harry?
3. Did any of Charles' family (apart from his sons) attend the wedding? I thought I saw Lady Sarah Chatto

Thanks for your answers:)

I didn't like Laura's dress very much -it made her look wide. Pretty detailing, though.

I loved Kate's coat, really disliked the hat.

Also liked Camilla's outfit, though I don't think I like all those pleats. The best I can say about her hat is that I like it better than Kate's.

More photos from UKPress:

Thanks to all for the pictures!

I know I am in the minority..but I really don't like Laura's dress. I don't think it flatters her at all. But to be quiet honest...I have never been a fan of anything (other than the top she wore to her wedding rehearsal but even that was too casual in mind) that she has wore. I wonder what her self image is..cause she always wears things that are loose. Of course, I am not expecting her too wear a tight wedding dress but still. I loved her hair though. Very lovely. And the jewelery was beautiful as well. You can see (at least I can) via the pictures that Laura has that Sexy Shand thing down pat.

Camilla and Kate looked nice. I agree with many about Kate's hat...Good Lord..what was she thinking?! Some bird is missing some feathers! Lady Sarah Chatto looked lovely of course. Simple elegance...you can't beat that. And where are the pictures of Tom's wife. Now..that was a nice wedding dress!

And I know that Rosemary Parker Bowles (the 2nd wife of Andrew) is not royal or in the public limelight but why does she always look dowdy.

Last edited:
Loved the dress! (She has exactly the same smile as her mother has, btw. So funny to see!).
Camilla and Kate were lovely too (even te hats...:rolleyes:... but I love weird hats, so my opinion doesn't count :p)!

Quick question- why was Lady Sarah there? She seems to be a random person at this wedding. Is she really close to Prince Charles & thats why she is at the wedding? She is Prince Charles' goddaughter right?

Lady Jennifer said:
Quick question- why was Lady Sarah there? She seems to be a random person at this wedding. Is she really close to Prince Charles & thats why she is at the wedding? She is Prince Charles' goddaughter right?

Lady Sarah is a very close cousin to Prince Charles and not his goddaughter. Too my understanding..she has been very supportive of the Charles/Camilla relationship and she is very close to the Queen she supported the belief/idea that they should be married. Perhaps thinking about her late mother, Princess Margaret, who was so unlucky in love. So I would assume that she was invited due to her relationship/friendship with Camilla.

From UKPress:

I'm just wondering... does anybody know what's the family background of the groom? His surname seems to be Portuguese... or Latin, at least...

Last edited:
I think Laura looks absolutely gorgeous (she's really very pretty), but that dress isn't flattering at all. And I love Kate's outfit - she looks wonderful, and very tan from her holiday!

So Harry was there! Okay, my mistake. :D I didn't see the details of Kate's coat before, it's gorgeous! The bride and groom look very happy and that is the most important thing.

I'm absolutely in love with Laura's hairdo. It seems like something I would do for my own wedding!

And the dress is also amazing, loved the sleeves, but what I loved the most was to see that she and her now husband are very much in love, the pictures of them show an awesome complicty

what a lovely couple!
But how old is laura's husband???
He looks extremely young! :eek:

And beautiful Kate, by UKPress again:

The last ones from UKPress:

Beautiful pics! Thanks to all. I love Laura´s dress, I love Camilla´s dress and Kate looks beautiful, too. Laura is wearing her mum´s wedding earrings to Charles, but not sure about the tiara. IMO Camilla´s tiara at first wedding was a golden one. Have a photo somewhere, but cannot post yet. May be it is another family piece or she got a new one...

Harry Lopes is 29 years old! Laura is very beautiful! I really like her dress!
Camilla looks great!
Kate looks really great, especialy when she smiles!

is Laura pregnant? it looks like she has a belly in the pics...maybe it's her dress? the dress imo is not flattering at all, and her hairdoo with the tiara looks sort of weird in someway (can't describe why i think it's weird...it's just seems weird to me)
any background info abt Laura's husband? what does he do?

Camilia looks good in that coat/dress, but certainly not with that head piece.. and I like the dress/coat Kate wears, it's elegant! (but dunno abt her headpieces..)

Laura's dress is horribly plain. The neckline needed a necklace or something. The sleeves were strange. Laura herself looks fairly nice. She's not my idea of beautiful, but she can look rather nice sometimes.

Lopes is the nephew of Lord Roroborough and the grandson of the Late Baron Astor of Hever. I don't remember reading about his ancestry, though.

Back
Top Bottom