The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 11-08-2004, 03:10 AM
Royal Highness

A very interesting and pretty look for Lady Tamara. Her bridesmaids were adorable and her tiara by Faberge was stunning. Great photos!

Old 11-08-2004, 01:10 PM
Aristocracy

WILLS AND HARRY USHER IN A PERFECT WEDDING

8 NOVEMBER 2004

Guests at the nuptials of Edward van Cutsem and Lady Tamara Grosvenor are unlikely to forget the welcome they received at Chester Cathedral on Saturday. Because those lucky enough to receive an invitation to the society wedding of the year were shown to their seats by Prince William and his brother Prince Harry.

The two royals, who were both clad in grey morning suits, served as ushers at the sumptuous event. Their grandmother, the Queen, was also among the 650 guests, along with her husband Prince Phillip.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty...svenorwedding/

But the presence of Wills and Harry meant there was an even bigger crowd of well-wishers outside the cathedral. Some 4,000 people gathered in the narrow streets surrounding the venue in the hope of catching a glimpse of the royal visitors.

It was Edward and Tamara's big day, though, and inside the building all eyes were on the happy couple. Lady Tamara is the eldest daughter of Britain's richest man, the Duke of Westminster, while her new husband is the son of landowners Hugh and Emilie van Cutsem. After the pair had made their vows, the entire congregation retired to Eaton Hall for a lavish reception.

The Duchess of Kent, who rarely steps out for such high-profile events, also came along to offer her congratulations. But notable by his absence was the Prince of Wales, who pulled out of the wedding last week. Charles is believed to have cancelled because he was not seated together with his companion Camilla Parker Bowles.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	royalwedding-dop1a.jpg
Views:	281
Size:	26.9 KB
ID:	54647   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalwedding-dop2a.jpg
Views:	212
Size:	27.2 KB
ID:	54648   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalwedding-dop3a.jpg
Views:	321
Size:	26.3 KB
ID:	54649   Click image for larger version

Name:	royalwedding-dop4a.jpg
Views:	553
Size:	26.6 KB
ID:	54650  

Alexander Smith

Old 11-08-2004, 02:38 PM
Royal Highness

I agree Charles is being way too childish. I was thinking about this this morning and I think it sucks that he will be the king someday. This and other views (like wanting to be defender of faiths instead of being defender of the faith) messes him and his image up.
And about the fur...I love fur and it is a person's choice to wear it.
Old 11-08-2004, 03:05 PM
Courtier

I'm not that wild about the tiny little rosebud decorations on the dress but the neckline and veil is really stunning ,as is the tiara. Agreed Charles looked really petty and mean by not attending his godson's wedding but...they make a handsome couple.
Old 11-10-2004, 06:59 AM
Heir Apparent

But a lot of people want William becomes KIng more than Charles.He is becoming like his great-uncle King Edward VIII.When Edward in love with Simpson,he had a visit of opening a station,but he told that his father has just died he couldn't opened it.But when the station was opened,the press saw Edward with Simpson on the street with Simpson!He shouldn't do that!He was the King,that was not the action of the King.
God save Her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II
Old 06-06-2005, 03:05 AM
Heir Presumptive

Official Photographs

Back row from L-R: Aidan Cooney; Mr Hugh van Cutsem; Lady Edwina Grosvenor; Mrs Hugh van Cutsem; Mr Nicholas van Cutsem; Mr Edward van Cutsem; Lady Tamara van Cutsem; The Duke of Westminster; Mr Hugh R. van Cutsem; Earl Grosvenor; The Duchess of Westminster; Mr William van Cutsem. Page boys and bridesmaids from L-R Miss Idina Moncreiffe; Lady Viola Grosvenor; Miss Laura Wills; Lord Stanley of Bickerstaffe; Master Euan Moncreiffe; Miss Isabella van Vredenburch; Lady Henrietta Stanley; Miss Jess Harrison; Count Raoul de Liederkerke.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	1.jpg
Views:	1220
Size:	74.9 KB
ID:	155629   Click image for larger version

Name:	2.jpg
Views:	2761
Size:	53.2 KB
ID:	155630   Click image for larger version

Name:	3.jpg
Views:	622
Size:	68.8 KB
ID:	155632  
Old 06-06-2005, 11:46 AM
Aristocracy

Boy these Van Cutsem boys sure know how to pick rich brides......they are the male version of the Cushing, Langhorne, and Mitford sisters who made very important social marriages.

The Duke of Westminster gave them 10 million pounds so son-in-law could keep Tamara in the lifestyle she was used too.

Before anyone starts replying back, I know these people and can tell that Her Grace was not overly pleased by her daughter's choice of a gold digger, and that all four boys do like to encourage and use their royal connections.....but in that respect they are not different from others who cash in either.

Poor Rose and Tamara.....marrying beneath them and into nothing at all.
Old 06-06-2005, 12:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Lordship
Boy these Van Cutsem boys sure know how to pick rich brides......they are the male version of the Cushing, Langhorne, and Mitford sisters who made very important social marriages.

The Duke of Westminster gave them 10 million pounds so son-in-law could keep Tamara in the lifestyle she was used too.

Before anyone starts replying back, I know these people and can tell that Her Grace was not overly pleased by her daughter's choice of a gold digger, and that all four boys do like to encourage and use their royal connections.....but in that respect they are not different from others who cash in either.

Poor Rose and Tamara.....marrying beneath them and into nothing at all.
How does Her Grace impart such personal thoughts to you? Or, do I perhaps detect a little bit of envy through your words?!?:p
Old 06-06-2005, 12:53 PM
Courtier

If Tamara and Rose love their husbands, that's all that matters. Not whether their husbands have long illustrious lineages or mounds of money. Besides, Tamara's father has given interviews in which he has said he would scrutinise whoever she brought home to weed out gold-diggers, and that he trained her to spot them, so Edward obviously passed inspection.
Old 06-06-2005, 01:37 PM
Aristocracy

Because my maternal grandparents went to the wedding in November as they are very good friends with the Westminster family. I spent many summers in England at my granparents country estate and know many members of the aristocracy very well.

NOT that any of that is important, I could really care less about the titles and the airs in the respect.

But you did ask how I know, so I am telling you.

As I said before, my information is not from gossip magazines, news reports or any of the such, but from the men and women in these living in these royal and aristocratic circles.

Remember, what is said on tv and in interviews is one thing, what goes on in real life behind close doors is another. That goes for anyone....royal, celebrity, whoever.

Do you all always believe what is written in Hello, People, or said on CNN or any of those gossip Telly shows?
Old 06-06-2005, 01:50 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by His Lordship
Because my maternal grandparents went to the wedding in November as they are very good friends with the Westminster family. I spent many summers in England at my granparents country estate and know many members of the aristocracy very well.

NOT that any of that is important, I could really care less about the titles and the airs in the respect.

But you did ask how I know, so I am telling you.

As I said before, my information is not from gossip magazines, news reports or any of the such, but from the men and women in these living in these royal and aristocratic circles.

Remember, what is said on tv and in interviews is one thing, what goes on in real life behind close doors is another. That goes for anyone....royal, celebrity, whoever.

Do you all always believe what is written in Hello, People, or said on CNN or any of those gossip Telly shows?
I believe very little gossip that I read in the newspapers, magazines and books and even less of what I hear on TV. And, I certainly don't believe most of the gossip that some members try offer as cash on the forums.:)
Old 06-06-2005, 01:55 PM
Courtier

When the Duke of Westminster gives interviews with The Daily Mail saying he scrutinises anyone they bring home, I believe that. Whatever you may think about the van Cutsems, Westminster can probably be taken at his word.
Old 06-06-2005, 02:12 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelly9480
When the Duke of Westminster gives interviews with The Daily Mail saying he scrutinises anyone they bring home, I believe that. Whatever you may think about the van Cutsems, Westminster can probably be taken at his word.
My comments were in no way aimed at you or your comments.:)
Old 06-06-2005, 02:15 PM
Courtier

It's no problem, Mandy. I was responding to His Lordship's question of who people listen to and/or believe. :)
Old 06-06-2005, 03:50 PM
Aristocracy

I must say that I do enjoy spirited discussions with all of you. I am happy to know that so many others have such diverse ideas, thoughts, opinions, and a great ablitity to help with corrections and things.

Kelly,

Like I said before it is fun and interesting to hear your views and thoughts as you bring such engaging ideas to the table.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:36 PM
Nobility

I would like the dress better if it had either the fur trim or the embroidery, but not both. It's just too much with both in my opinion.
Old 06-06-2005, 04:39 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by delineate
I would like the dress better if it had either the fur trim or the embroidery, but not both. It's just too much with both in my opinion.
Exactly what I thought. Especially w/ that dramtic decollage, the fur and emboidery was too much.
Old 06-06-2005, 10:59 PM
Courtier

I didn't like the dress at all, but I don't like anything Oldfield designs, so I'm not going to be unbiased.

I enjoy discussions with you, too, HL.
Old 06-07-2005, 12:26 AM
Aristocracy

If I may....for a guy here....I think it is interesting here in the U.S. women normally dress up more for weddings, even if they are in the afternoon, all evening gowns and such.

But I have to tell you, I have been to quite a few weddings in England and will always look in wonderment at some of the more interesting designs for dresses...and hats for that matter...that aristocratic and royal ladies tend to choose.

I would say L. Tamara also chose it as it was late fall and usually very cool, if not cold, that time of the year.

For as graceful as she looks in the pictures she is just as charming and wonderful in person. A true lady whom I have had the pleasure of meeting.
Old 05-14-2006, 04:41 AM
Nobility

Lady Tamaras tiara was designed by Grand Duke Michael Michaelovich 1861 1929,made by Faberge,a gift for his wife, Sophie de Torby.

I think it was sold by succeeding generation, and bought by a Duke of Westminster.

Thankyou, I was looking for this wedding photo. Mine was unlabeled. Your good turn to me.

Mine is the info re the tiara.

Signed HRH