Lady Tamara Grosvenor and Edward Van Cutsem: 6 November 2004

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Do we know what the rift in Emilie van Custem (nee Jonkvrouwe Quarles van Ufford) is about? On the benelux royal MB it is said that members of the dutch nobility (likely to be related to Emilie van Cutsem): barons Tuyll van Serooskerken, Jonkheren van Vredenburch, jonkheren Quarles van Ufford and I even noticed that a count de Liederkerke (de Pailhe?) was present.
I think it is extremey childish of the Prince of Wales to have a row with his friends (the van Cutsems) because they wanted to warn him to protect his sons! If he want Camilla to sit next to him he should marry her... if he does not want to be married he should stop complaining! He cannot have it both ways. I pity Queen Elizabeth for having such an heir.
Although the bride has a lovely complexion etc, this dress does nothing for her & makes her look matronly.

Marengo said:
Although the bride has a lovely complexion etc, this dress does nothing for her & makes her look matronly.
How old is the bride exactly? From these pictures I peg her to be in her mid-30s. Is she older or younger than this?

How old is the bride exactly? From these pictures I peg her to be in her mid-30s. Is she older or younger than this?
She is 24!!!!

susanstotz said:
the westminsters obviously have nothing against fur.
I think it is particularly tacky on a bride. If you know how (I assume her neckline if mink) these animals live in cages, bored and stressed to death and how they are killed it is gruesome on a bride.
Well said. I don't like fur and I don't particularly like seeing it anywhere near a wedding dress. That's her choice for having it on there, but I think it makes the dress look terrible. That's just my opinion.

Marengo said:
She is 24!!!!
Really?! She's 24 year's old? She looks much older than this! I would've thought she was at least 30 years.

Attachments

• 002.jpg
    002.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 371
  • 003.jpg
    003.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 765
  • 004.jpg
    004.jpg
    144.8 KB · Views: 403
  • 005.jpg
    005.jpg
    150.1 KB · Views: 361
  • 006.jpg
    006.jpg
    180.6 KB · Views: 336
  • 007.jpg
    007.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 507
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    137.2 KB · Views: 406
  • 009.jpg
    009.jpg
    140.3 KB · Views: 434
  • 010.jpg
    010.jpg
    149.2 KB · Views: 318
  • 001.jpg
    001.jpg
    159.4 KB · Views: 431
The dress was interesting, but made her look heavier than she is. I think the bridesmaid's dresses were prettier.

I loved that picture with Harry greeting his grandparents; very, very sweet.

Indeed, I thought she was in her late twenties or early thirties, not early twenties!

Attachments

• 014.jpg
    014.jpg
    136.7 KB · Views: 347
  • 019.jpg
    019.jpg
    113.3 KB · Views: 398
  • 018.jpg
    018.jpg
    126.7 KB · Views: 383
  • 017.jpg
    017.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 489
  • 016.jpg
    016.jpg
    135.4 KB · Views: 489
  • 015.jpg
    015.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 386
  • 013.jpg
    013.jpg
    122.8 KB · Views: 426
  • 012.jpg
    012.jpg
    78 KB · Views: 418
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    151.6 KB · Views: 448
A very interesting and pretty look for Lady Tamara. Her bridesmaids were adorable and her tiara by Faberge was stunning. Great photos!

WILLS AND HARRY USHER IN A PERFECT WEDDING

8 NOVEMBER 2004

Guests at the nuptials of Edward van Cutsem and Lady Tamara Grosvenor are unlikely to forget the welcome they received at Chester Cathedral on Saturday. Because those lucky enough to receive an invitation to the society wedding of the year were shown to their seats by Prince William and his brother Prince Harry.

The two royals, who were both clad in grey morning suits, served as ushers at the sumptuous event. Their grandmother, the Queen, was also among the 650 guests, along with her husband Prince Phillip.

http://www.hellomagazine.com/royalty/2004/11/08/grosvenorwedding/

But the presence of Wills and Harry meant there was an even bigger crowd of well-wishers outside the cathedral. Some 4,000 people gathered in the narrow streets surrounding the venue in the hope of catching a glimpse of the royal visitors.

It was Edward and Tamara's big day, though, and inside the building all eyes were on the happy couple. Lady Tamara is the eldest daughter of Britain's richest man, the Duke of Westminster, while her new husband is the son of landowners Hugh and Emilie van Cutsem. After the pair had made their vows, the entire congregation retired to Eaton Hall for a lavish reception.

The Duchess of Kent, who rarely steps out for such high-profile events, also came along to offer her congratulations. But notable by his absence was the Prince of Wales, who pulled out of the wedding last week. Charles is believed to have cancelled because he was not seated together with his companion Camilla Parker Bowles.

Attachments

• royalwedding-dop1a.jpg
    royalwedding-dop1a.jpg
    26.9 KB · Views: 4,109
  • royalwedding-dop2a.jpg
    royalwedding-dop2a.jpg
    27.2 KB · Views: 3,135
  • royalwedding-dop3a.jpg
    royalwedding-dop3a.jpg
    26.3 KB · Views: 3,109
  • royalwedding-dop4a.jpg
    royalwedding-dop4a.jpg
    26.6 KB · Views: 5,712
I agree Charles is being way too childish. I was thinking about this this morning and I think it sucks that he will be the king someday. This and other views (like wanting to be defender of faiths instead of being defender of the faith) messes him and his image up.
And about the fur...I love fur and it is a person's choice to wear it.

I'm not that wild about the tiny little rosebud decorations on the dress but the neckline and veil is really stunning ,as is the tiara. Agreed Charles looked really petty and mean by not attending his godson's wedding :mad: but...they make a handsome couple.

But a lot of people want William becomes KIng more than Charles.He is becoming like his great-uncle King Edward VIII.When Edward in love with Simpson,he had a visit of opening a station,but he told that his father has just died he couldn't opened it.But when the station was opened,the press saw Edward with Simpson on the street with Simpson!He shouldn't do that!He was the King,that was not the action of the King.

Official Photographs

Back row from L-R: Aidan Cooney; Mr Hugh van Cutsem; Lady Edwina Grosvenor; Mrs Hugh van Cutsem; Mr Nicholas van Cutsem; Mr Edward van Cutsem; Lady Tamara van Cutsem; The Duke of Westminster; Mr Hugh R. van Cutsem; Earl Grosvenor; The Duchess of Westminster; Mr William van Cutsem. Page boys and bridesmaids from L-R Miss Idina Moncreiffe; Lady Viola Grosvenor; Miss Laura Wills; Lord Stanley of Bickerstaffe; Master Euan Moncreiffe; Miss Isabella van Vredenburch; Lady Henrietta Stanley; Miss Jess Harrison; Count Raoul de Liederkerke.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    74.9 KB · Views: 4,084
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 20,993
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    68.8 KB · Views: 7,539
Last edited:
Boy these Van Cutsem boys sure know how to pick rich brides......they are the male version of the Cushing, Langhorne, and Mitford sisters who made very important social marriages.

The Duke of Westminster gave them 10 million pounds so son-in-law could keep Tamara in the lifestyle she was used too.

Before anyone starts replying back, I know these people and can tell that Her Grace was not overly pleased by her daughter's choice of a gold digger, and that all four boys do like to encourage and use their royal connections.....but in that respect they are not different from others who cash in either.

Poor Rose and Tamara.....marrying beneath them and into nothing at all.

His Lordship said:
Boy these Van Cutsem boys sure know how to pick rich brides......they are the male version of the Cushing, Langhorne, and Mitford sisters who made very important social marriages.

The Duke of Westminster gave them 10 million pounds so son-in-law could keep Tamara in the lifestyle she was used too.

Before anyone starts replying back, I know these people and can tell that Her Grace was not overly pleased by her daughter's choice of a gold digger, and that all four boys do like to encourage and use their royal connections.....but in that respect they are not different from others who cash in either.

Poor Rose and Tamara.....marrying beneath them and into nothing at all.

How does Her Grace impart such personal thoughts to you? Or, do I perhaps detect a little bit of envy through your words?!?:p

If Tamara and Rose love their husbands, that's all that matters. Not whether their husbands have long illustrious lineages or mounds of money. Besides, Tamara's father has given interviews in which he has said he would scrutinise whoever she brought home to weed out gold-diggers, and that he trained her to spot them, so Edward obviously passed inspection.

Because my maternal grandparents went to the wedding in November as they are very good friends with the Westminster family. I spent many summers in England at my granparents country estate and know many members of the aristocracy very well.

NOT that any of that is important, I could really care less about the titles and the airs in the respect.

But you did ask how I know, so I am telling you.

As I said before, my information is not from gossip magazines, news reports or any of the such, but from the men and women in these living in these royal and aristocratic circles.

Remember, what is said on tv and in interviews is one thing, what goes on in real life behind close doors is another. That goes for anyone....royal, celebrity, whoever.

Do you all always believe what is written in Hello, People, or said on CNN or any of those gossip Telly shows?

His Lordship said:
Because my maternal grandparents went to the wedding in November as they are very good friends with the Westminster family. I spent many summers in England at my granparents country estate and know many members of the aristocracy very well.

NOT that any of that is important, I could really care less about the titles and the airs in the respect.

But you did ask how I know, so I am telling you.

As I said before, my information is not from gossip magazines, news reports or any of the such, but from the men and women in these living in these royal and aristocratic circles.

Remember, what is said on tv and in interviews is one thing, what goes on in real life behind close doors is another. That goes for anyone....royal, celebrity, whoever.

Do you all always believe what is written in Hello, People, or said on CNN or any of those gossip Telly shows?

I believe very little gossip that I read in the newspapers, magazines and books and even less of what I hear on TV. And, I certainly don't believe most of the gossip that some members try offer as cash on the forums.:)

When the Duke of Westminster gives interviews with The Daily Mail saying he scrutinises anyone they bring home, I believe that. Whatever you may think about the van Cutsems, Westminster can probably be taken at his word.

kelly9480 said:
When the Duke of Westminster gives interviews with The Daily Mail saying he scrutinises anyone they bring home, I believe that. Whatever you may think about the van Cutsems, Westminster can probably be taken at his word.

My comments were in no way aimed at you or your comments.:)

It's no problem, Mandy. I was responding to His Lordship's question of who people listen to and/or believe. :)

I must say that I do enjoy spirited discussions with all of you. I am happy to know that so many others have such diverse ideas, thoughts, opinions, and a great ablitity to help with corrections and things.

Kelly,

Like I said before it is fun and interesting to hear your views and thoughts as you bring such engaging ideas to the table.

I would like the dress better if it had either the fur trim or the embroidery, but not both. It's just too much with both in my opinion.

delineate said:
I would like the dress better if it had either the fur trim or the embroidery, but not both. It's just too much with both in my opinion.
Exactly what I thought. Especially w/ that dramtic decollage, the fur and emboidery was too much.

I didn't like the dress at all, but I don't like anything Oldfield designs, so I'm not going to be unbiased.

I enjoy discussions with you, too, HL.

If I may....for a guy here....I think it is interesting here in the U.S. women normally dress up more for weddings, even if they are in the afternoon, all evening gowns and such.

But I have to tell you, I have been to quite a few weddings in England and will always look in wonderment at some of the more interesting designs for dresses...and hats for that matter...that aristocratic and royal ladies tend to choose.

I would say L. Tamara also chose it as it was late fall and usually very cool, if not cold, that time of the year.

For as graceful as she looks in the pictures she is just as charming and wonderful in person. A true lady whom I have had the pleasure of meeting.

Lady Tamaras tiara was designed by Grand Duke Michael Michaelovich 1861 1929,made by Faberge,a gift for his wife, Sophie de Torby.

I think it was sold by succeeding generation, and bought by a Duke of Westminster.

Thankyou, I was looking for this wedding photo. Mine was unlabeled. Your good turn to me.

Mine is the info re the tiara.

Signed HRH

Back
Top Bottom