The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-27-2011, 09:03 AM
Heir Presumptive

Lady Katie Percy and Patrick Valentine, February 26th, 2011

Hundreds of people cheered and clapped as the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland’s eldest daughter tied the knot this afternoon (Saturday). Well-wishers lined Bailiffgate and crowded round the entrance to St Michael’s Church as a steady stream of guests arrived for the wedding of Lady Katie Percy, 28, and Patrick Valentine, 30.
There were cheers, whistles and claps as the fairytale aristocrat wedding saw the bride arrive in a horse-drawn carriage with her father.
Dressed in a simple but stunning lace Bruce Oldfield dress with cream shrug, Lady Katie was met by her mother, the Duchess, in pale pink, sister and bridesmaid Lady Melissa in a floor-length shiny red dress and brothers Earls George and Max.
Cute page boys were dressed in mini military uniforms, complete with fake swords and guns while flower girls wore ivory dresses with black velvet capes and red rose and greenery garlands in their hair.
Kate Middleton’s sister Pippa and Chelsea Davy, who has been dating Prince Harry, were guests at the occasion. - Full article
Daily Mail article
Zimbio gallery

Old 02-27-2011, 09:07 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
Hundreds of people cheered and clapped as the Duke and Duchess of Northumberland’s eldest daughter tied the knot this afternoon (Saturday). Well-wishers lined Bailiffgate and crowded round the entrance to St Michael’s Church as a steady stream of guests arrived for the wedding of Lady Katie Percy, 28, and Patrick Valentine, 30.

Kate Middleton’s sister Pippa and Chelsea Davy, who has been dating Prince Harry, were guests at the occasion. - Full article
Daily Mail article
Zimbio gallery

There's been a lot of press about this wedding- and most of it centered on Pippa Middleton and Chelsy Davy! I wonder if Lady Katie minded being so upstaged on her wedding day!

Old 02-27-2011, 09:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

I am disappointed with Lady Katie's hair-style.
Old 02-27-2011, 12:36 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi
I am disappointed with Lady Katie's hair-style.
And her tiara is crooked :(
Old 02-27-2011, 01:01 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mirabel View Post
There's been a lot of press about this wedding- and most of it centered on Pippa Middleton and Chelsy Davy! I wonder if Lady Katie minded being so upstaged on her wedding day!
I guess that's why William and Catherine did not attend as they surely were invited and would normally have attended a friend's wedding as they did before they announced their engagement. Wasn't it said back then that they waited till after the wedding so not to steal the bride's limelight? Probably they'll offer to become the godparents of the first child of Lady Katie (Catherine?)
Old 02-27-2011, 01:26 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kataryn View Post
I guess that's why William and Catherine did not attend as they surely were invited and would normally have attended a friend's wedding as they did before they announced their engagement. Wasn't it said back then that they waited till after the wedding so not to steal the bride's limelight? Probably they'll offer to become the godparents of the first child of Lady Katie (Catherine?)
I find that ridiculous, if it's the actual reason. That they chose not to attend because they are now engaged? They would have got the same press as they had for all the other weddings they went to before they were engaged. Even now it's Pippa and Chelsy who get the headlines not the bride and groom.

Being engaged or married for that matter, shouldn't matter when this is the wedding of friends.

Offer to become godparents? Is that how it works.
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen

I find that ridiculous, if it's the actual reason. That they chose not to attend because they are now engaged? They would have got the same press as they had for all the other weddings they went to before they were engaged. Even now it's Pippa and Chelsy who get the headlines not the bride and groom.

Being engaged or married for that matter, shouldn't matter when this is the wedding of friends.

Offer to become godparents? Is that how it works.
Plus they had gone to another wedding anway after the engagement- my guess is that had other commitments due to having had a busy few days before
Old 02-27-2011, 03:03 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
Was it like this all the way through the wedding? I can't understand why nobody fixed it. It really looks strange....being the bride and looking at the pictures I would go mad
Old 02-27-2011, 06:10 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by MRSJ View Post
It actually looks like it might have been done on purpose as the "center" of the tiara, is almost perfectly aligned with Lady Katie's part in her hair... strange.