Lady Charlotte Wellesley and Alejandro Santo Domingo. May 28, 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I assume you mean IF and not when. When the now 4 year old Mae gets to the age where she can petition for the vacant position (likely decades from now) why would she choose not to have a title? You don't.

There have been daughters whem choose not to petition the King for their father's title with the purpose to keep the family patrimonium connected with historic title.

Yes, and that is why I said IF. You use the word WHEN which denotes a guarantee that she will not claim the title. Like its a given. Guess what times are changing, as seen with the passing of this law. There is no guarantee in a few decades when her grandfather and father die, Mae will adopt your 'males rule and girls should stay in the corner on a stool' attitude. She may, she may not, that is why it is a IF and not a When.

That certainly has to be the best royal-noble bridal dress I've seen in a long time. Unique, regal and stunning.

This high profile wedding was pretty casual and understated compared to lot of the weddings in Spanish high society. There was no dresscode for the gentlemen (a jacquet or so) no was there for the ladies: no mantillas, no peinetas, no hats. There was no traditional serenade, for example a pasodoble chant or by a flamenco group (this was Granada, heartland of Andalucía). As some others remarked: the bride wore no jewels from the ducal collection. Knowing that both wedding sides are mega-rich, it is refreshing it became no over the top hysterical American affair. Best festure: the dress. It was so non-"Say Yes To The Dress" and that is a huge compliment.

That wedding dress goes easily to the top five most ugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen. It looks so heavy and the fabric is so thick, really odd choice to a summer wedding.

Funny, it is in my top 5: a great design for an aristocrat wedding in a medieaeval city.

It seems this is a wedding dress that really divides people's opinions. I personally love it.

I agree that the material looks rather heavy for a summer wedding. But I love the design, which probably wouldn't work with lighter material.

Late spring/early summer. Looks like it was about 17-20 C in Granada for the wedding and quite windy. Though I couldn't imagine the thicker fabric later in the summer, I don't think it would be too bad right now.

It's one of the most stunning wedding dresses I've ever seen
She looks beautiful

No family tiara on the bride? i am struggling to recall what the family looks like?

Has the designer of the dress been confirmed? Some had suggested Erdem? It seemed a very heavy material for a summer wedding in Spain.

Last edited:
:previous: Bit surprised she didn't wear the family tiara or some jewels. But they had a pretty relaxed dress code and she maybe didn't want to over do it.

The family tiara (main one at least)
The Duke of Wellington's Waterloo Banquet | The Court Jeweller
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/236x/46/99/17/469917da2403fbc6f5a654fa09174cb9.jpg
4thDuchessWellington.jpg Photo by Nellie99 | Photobucket

I notice when her older brother Arthur married Jemma Kidd, she wasn't leant the tiara to wear either.

https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/5c/16/72/5c1672c01ef976bb0470775515c38ea0.jpg

Cant find picture's of Honor's wedding to Orlando Montagu so not sure if she wore the tiara. The other two Wellesley kids are unmarried.

According to Hello, the dress is Emilia Wickstead
Lady Charlotte Wellesley marries Alejandro Santo Domingo in spectacular wedding

Last edited:
I didn't realize until now why James Blunt was there. I just thought he was one of many celebrities. I didn't realize his wife Sofia and Charlotte are first cousins. Sofia's father John is Arthur's younger brother (the third of four sons of the 8th Duke).

No family tiara on the bride? i am struggling to recall what the family looks like?

Has the designer of the dress been confirmed? Some had suggested Erdem? It seemed a very heavy material for a summer wedding in Spain.

The dresscode was very relaxed. High society Spanish weddings are often posh with jacquet (morning coat), long dresses, mantillas, peinetas and other festive looks. Nothing of all this, it was cosy and casual, no matter the couple both belonging to the happy few in society.

The bride's dress was absolutely STUNNING. She looks like a medieval princess. It's the best wedding gown I've seen in a very long time. It's obvious the bride put a lot of thought into matching her dress to the venue. She looks lovely.

I've been looking at photos for two days and this is the first time I've seen Tatiana and Andrea. I thought perhaps they hadn't been invited. Tatiana, as usual, looks like she's headed to a funeral and forgot to brush her hair. Camilla looked nice as did most of the guests. Overall, a very nice wedding.

That dress was splendid! I wonder how much it and the veil weighed? It certainly looked heavy.
But the style was excellent and she was a gorgeous bride.

That wedding dress goes easily to the top five most ugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen. It looks so heavy and the fabric is so thick, really odd choice to a summer wedding.

I disagree, I think it's magnificent It looks very elegant, almost royal, very no-arrivistes-need-apply:lol:

I wish she'd worn a tiara, and the material was more suited for Fall, but it's still a gorgeous dress imo.

Her dress was gorgeous, absolutely stunning! Best wishes to the newlyweds!

:previous: Not sure about the third page boy and second flower girl, but three of the kids are her niece and nephews. Her brother Arthur and Jemma Kidd's children. The twins Arthur and Mae are 6, and the little blonde toddler is their 2 year old brother Alfred.

https://www.instagram.com/p/BF_qzqZQEN8/?taken-by=jemkidd&hl=en

Not sure about the other 2. Seem to be a bit young to be her other niece and nephew. Honor's kids Walter and Nancy are 11 and 9, and the oldest flower girl and page boy don't look that old, perhaps I am wrong. Maybe some Santo Domingo relatives, Alejandro's full brother has kids.

Last edited:
Thanks to those who shared the photos and videos of the wedding. I like Lady Charlotte's dress a lot, it's rather elegant and beautiful. I agree with mslewis in that she looks like a medieval princess. It seems to be quite cold in Granada, since her dress appears to be thick and the sky looks gloomy.
I liked the list of guests too, it was impressive.

I love the bride's gown just adore it ..

I'm in the stunning wedding dress group. Beautiful dress really different

Sent from my iPhone using The Royals Community

Back
Top Bottom