The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 05-28-2016, 02:30 PM
Serene Highness

Tatiana and Andrea Casiraghi

**Pic**

Old 05-28-2016, 02:32 PM
Super Moderator

Stunning gown, special and elegant. I especially like the way the collar holds the train. But it is a pity the the bride did not wear the stunning family tiara.

Old 05-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Royal Highness

That is an amazing dress. Finally something that isn't lace or satin. It looks heavy to wear though, and quite warm.
Old 05-28-2016, 02:33 PM
Majesty

Lady Charlotte's look had medieval feel about it. I liked the fact the bride wore minimal jewellery. The veil seemed to have polka embroidery.

After seeing close-up photos on www.ru-royalty.livejournal.com, I am really impressed with elegant austerity of the whole ensemble.

On a different note ... Who exactly from the cream of the European aristocracy attended the wedding?
Old 05-28-2016, 02:34 PM
Heir Apparent

I was thinking the same about the tiara but thought maybe the political climate in Spain had something to do with it. Although a private wedding, someone told me tiaras are a rarity in Spain even with the royals
Old 05-28-2016, 02:35 PM
Serene Highness

Las imágenes exclusivas de la boda entre Alejandro Santo Domingo y Charlotte Wellesley en Íllora

Duke of Wellington's daughter weds billionaire financier in front of celebrity guests

The Duchess of Cornwall
**Pic1** **Pic2**
Old 05-28-2016, 02:48 PM
Nobility

Lovely dress, pity the newspaper articles don't give a full discription of it. Any ideas as to what the material is . The veil was very unusual .
Old 05-28-2016, 04:38 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Here are some photo's from the Wedding

Belga

Belga Image - Editorial

Looks like King Juan Carlos was also there on his own.

http://estaticos.efe.com/efecom/recu...1eZg-P-3d-P-3d
Old 05-28-2016, 05:38 PM
Majesty

Wow, what a stunning bride. Her gown is beautiful. I too love the fact it is different, not all these lace an strapless ones lately. Definitely glowing with happiness as was the groom and other guests even in rain.

Quote:
With the addition that the heir(ess) has to petition for the title. When Lady Mae Wellesley does not petition the King of Spain about the vacant title Duque de Ciudad Rodrigo, the next in line (her brother) can still become the new Duke. Succession in Spain is not automatic, it needs a procedural handling first.
I assume you mean IF and not when. When the now 4 year old Mae gets to the age where she can petition for the vacant position (likely decades from now) why would she choose not to have a title? You don't.
Old 05-28-2016, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

What a gorgeous dress. Also interesting is the bride's dark shoes and the dark waistbands worn by the bridesmaids.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:20 PM
Majesty

Oh I just noticed her shoes. Love they are the same darker green shade as the sashes her flower girls and page boys are wearing.
Old 05-28-2016, 06:35 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post

I assume you mean IF and not when. When the now 4 year old Mae gets to the age where she can petition for the vacant position (likely decades from now) why would she choose not to have a title? You don't.
There have been daughters whem choose not to petition the King for their father's title with the purpose to keep the family patrimonium connected with historic title.
Old 05-28-2016, 07:19 PM
Majesty

Yes, and that is why I said IF. You use the word WHEN which denotes a guarantee that she will not claim the title. Like its a given. Guess what times are changing, as seen with the passing of this law. There is no guarantee in a few decades when her grandfather and father die, Mae will adopt your 'males rule and girls should stay in the corner on a stool' attitude. She may, she may not, that is why it is a IF and not a When.
Old 05-28-2016, 08:30 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

That certainly has to be the best royal-noble bridal dress I've seen in a long time. Unique, regal and stunning.

Vote in TRF Fashion Polls!

Old 05-29-2016, 01:22 AM
Majesty

This high profile wedding was pretty casual and understated compared to lot of the weddings in Spanish high society. There was no dresscode for the gentlemen (a jacquet or so) no was there for the ladies: no mantillas, no peinetas, no hats. There was no traditional serenade, for example a pasodoble chant or by a flamenco group (this was Granada, heartland of Andalucía). As some others remarked: the bride wore no jewels from the ducal collection. Knowing that both wedding sides are mega-rich, it is refreshing it became no over the top hysterical American affair. Best festure: the dress. It was so non-"Say Yes To The Dress" and that is a huge compliment.
Old 05-29-2016, 03:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

Photos

http://www.revistavanityfair.es/actu...7/image/651054
Old 05-29-2016, 06:23 AM
Courtier

video
Old 05-29-2016, 07:21 AM
Majesty

What a wonderful dress Camilla wore, muy española: picture.
Old 05-29-2016, 10:51 AM
Imperial Majesty

That wedding dress goes easily to the top five most ugliest wedding dresses I have ever seen. It looks so heavy and the fabric is so thick, really odd choice to a summer wedding.
Old 05-29-2016, 12:20 PM
Majesty

Funny, it is in my top 5: a great design for an aristocrat wedding in a medieaeval city.