HSH Prince Lucas von Auersperg and HRH Princess Alice von Bayern, August 29 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous: I like the style of the bride's dress, but I'm not so sure about the sleeves:ermm:. Her veil and tiara are pretty. Many of the guests had very lovely hats.

Can someone please explain the family relationship to Sunny Von Bulow's children Prince Alex and Princess Ala Von Auersperg?

:previous:

As far as I know, there are virtually no relationships between Alex and Ala Auersperg and the rest of von Auerspergs. Alex and Ala rarely if ever appear during the family gatherings, such as weddings: in fact, they don't even use their titles or the von Auersperg as their surname (just Auersperg, without von).
Even if there had been any connection between the Auerspergs and Sunny’s family, the Auerspergs might have distances themselves from their American relatives after Sunny’s coma and the following court case. However, I doubt there had ever been any sort of relationship at all: Prince Alfred was always the black sheep of the family and I’ve read that a lot of Auerspergs didn’t like his profession (tennis instructor).
None of the Auerspergs (apart from Alex and Ala, naturally) were present at Sunny’s memorial service in New York (I think it was either in January or February of this year).

Thank you for the pictures, iceflower! :flowers:
The bride and groom look very happy. They chose interesting dresses for the flower girls, which at least matched the groom's tie.

I'm absolutely delighted to see Prince Franz, he looks fit and in good health. The picture of Helene, Elizabeth, Marie and Maria Anna is delightful as well.

Last edited:
I like the Duke and Duchess of Braganza very much though I have not got a clue who they are. And I feel for Helene, she looks like a different relative in comparison to her sisters.

I like the Duke and Duchess of Braganza very much though I have not got a clue who they are.

The duke is the head of the Portuguese royal house and would be king of Portugal if the country hadn't abolished the monarchy. The couple lives in Sintra near Lisbon and has 3 children.

Nice pictures! I have not a clue who the bride and bridegroom are... but nevertheless.I like the dress, simple and elegant. The orange tie is strange. Why choose orange. (if you are not dutch...) It doesnot match her bouquet.
The picture of the "bayern" sisters is nice. But I agree with susan alicia... Helene is so different. She is so short.... I feel for her. I would feel very insecure standing next to my goodlooking tall sisters.

All my relatives are taller than me. When we pose for pictures like the Bayern sisters one, I just smile and take pride in myself.

And rightly so:flowers: Helene also looks very secure. It was not so much her height as her weight I was thinking of (there is a pressure on women to be slim).

All my relatives are taller than me. When we pose for pictures like the Bayern sisters one, I just smile and take pride in myself.

Thank you so much for your pictures. A lovely wedding.

I was in Andechs and you can find my pictures and a report here:
Royal Travel Blog: Alice and Lukas - Andechs 29.08.2009

P1040988.jpg

Last edited:
Hi Stefan, who is the green dressed woman near Albert TuT:

P1050005.jpg

Thank you Stefan for the pictures, I got to see some familiar faces :)

It is unbelievable how agil Princess Therese of Bavaria still is. She is still so youthful and such a nice woman.

Stefan, do you have another picture of this green dressed woman near Albert TuT, where we can see her face?

Has the plans for this wedding been changed after the death some days before the cerimony of Countess Eleonore von Waldburg zu Zeil und Trauchburg, the great-aunt of the bride?

Which tiara was Princess Alice wearing? It looks really pretty ...

And rightly so:flowers: Helene also looks very secure. It was not so much her height as her weight I was thinking of (there is a pressure on women to be slim).
Personally I think Helene is the most attractive of the five sisters, she's got great curves, which coming from a gay guy says something:whistling: I know many straight men who aren't into bean poles. I hope that, if it is what she wants, that she finds that someone special.

Personally I think Helene is the most attractive of the five sisters, she's got great curves, which coming from a gay guy says something:whistling: I know many straight men who aren't into bean poles. I hope that, if it is what she wants, that she finds that someone special.

Well sorry, but why is it unfair to talk about bigger people as "fat" or make comments about their weight, but perfectly okay to refer to thin woman as "bean poles"?That's hypocritical...

Never understood this double standard.

I mean, I get what you wanted to say, but it was a bad choice how you did it.

:previous:

As far as I know, there are virtually no relationships between Alex and Ala Auersperg and the rest of von Auerspergs. Alex and Ala rarely if ever appear during the family gatherings, such as weddings: in fact, they don't even use their titles or the von Auersperg as their surname (just Auersperg, without von).

Alexander's & Ala's father, Prince Von Auersperg was divorced by their
mother and later he was involved in a car accident that left him in a coma
for a number of years before he passed.
Prince Von Auersperg was a ski instructor when Sunny met him.:flowers:

Which tiara was Princess Alice wearing? It looks really pretty ...

First i thought it is the floral tiara which was worn by Duchess Sophie on her pre-Wedding Ball and also often worn by her mother Duchess Elizabeth. But after a closer look the design is the different and it has blue stones in it. I remember having seen a Wedding photo of Alice's grandparents and Princess Irmingard also wore a floral tiara. Perhpaps it is this one and belongs to Princess Irmingard.

Last edited:
Well sorry, but why is it unfair to talk about bigger people as "fat" or make comments about their weight, but perfectly okay to refer to thin woman as "bean poles"?That's hypocritical...

Never understood this double standard.

I mean, I get what you wanted to say, but it was a bad choice how you did it.
he? I don't understand what your complaint is? I wasn't saying anything against anyone I simply said that I personally think she looks great? I don't understand how you misinterpreted what I said?

It seems that the more siblings you get in a family, the more differences in height and bodyform there are. Some siblings I know are almost completely unalike!

he? I don't understand what your complaint is? I wasn't saying anything against anyone I simply said that I personally think she looks great? I don't understand how you misinterpreted what I said?

Oh come on, I made clear what I was complaining about ;) That you were referring to thin woman as "bean poles" ... I just react very allergic to that, because some people complain about how people make comments about others being overweight, but critisize very thin people at the same time. I heard that a lot. You can't say someone is "fat", but the very same people are prefectly fine to make remarks about people being too skinny. And "bean pole" is not a very nice description of a woman's body.

So it was nice of you to compliment one of the sisters, but no reason to refer to thin women as bean poles. That sounds very negative - though you maybe didn't intend to sound it like that.

But enough off topic.

Thank you Stefan! :)

Hi Stefan, who is the green dressed woman near Albert TuT:

P1050005.jpg

That's Xenia Maculan with Albert von Thurn und Taxis (29. August 2009)

http://www.theroyalforums.com/forum...f-thurn-und-taxis-2-july-2008-a-17969-23.html

Is somebody here from Austria?
Please tell us who is that girl at page 7 in this link:

[URL]http://www.wochenblatt.de/service/epaper/epa1254,255[/URL]
Hi Seraphine, your link is closed :sad:

You have to go to this other link and scroll down to see Xenia:
Ladies meet for tea. | Facebook

The same with this link, scroll down to see Albert:
CLub Kanal Telemedial | Facebook

The wedding gown is lovely. Very different from the cookie-cutter ones recently seen. The orange tie? Who knows, maybe something to do with university; some people never grow out of their college ties (no pun intended).

Back
Top Bottom