HSH Prince Antonius von Fürstenberg and Countess Matilde Borromeo: 11 June 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
A pity that there aren't more pictures of the other guests. i suppose ADss Sophie must have been there considering she is an aunt (by marriage) of the groom.

I see that all the Elkanns are there. I wonder if Margharita Agnelli, Css de Pahlen attended too or if she still is treated as an outcast by her family (I believe her daughter Ginevra is on speaking terms with the countess though, the sons were/are? not).

Last edited:
A pity that there aren't more pictures of the other guests. i suppose ADss Sophie must have been there considering she is an aunt (by marriage) of the groom.

And also no good pics of the bride. In the 2 blurry pics it looks like she is wearing the diamond and pearl tiara of the Fürstenberg's which surprises me as her sister-in-law hasn't worn it at her wedding last year.

Is the bride really pregnant?

The girlfriend of Lapo is very nice woman; younger version of Brooke Shields. Whereas the girlfriend of Carlo is too skinny.

It's nice that Mathilde is in good relationship with her half-siblings, although her father betrayed her mother with their mother...I admire her for that.

And where are the groom's only brother, Prince Christian & his wife Jeannette???

Are there no decent pictures of the bride? Or am I missing something? I only saw those two blurred shots on the Vogue page. She seemed to wear a very impressive tiara, but one can only guess the details. And what was the dress like?

Are there no decent pictures of the bride? Or am I missing something? I only saw those two blurred shots on the Vogue page. She seemed to wear a very impressive tiara, but one can only guess the details. And what was the dress like?

It looks like this tiara from the Fürstenberg family. It ws worn by the then Hereditary Princess Maximiliane at the Wedding Ball of Duke Friedrich of Württemberg.
http://www.seegerpress-online.de/topixx/data/pre-SEEGER00001393.jpg

You are correct MAfan! I had to look twice too, as Jeanette F. looks very glamorous, much more than I remember from other photos (but then again, the photos were usually at a local event).

Thanks Stefan:flowers:. Your knowledge is incredible!
It really seem that Mathilde wore this impressive tiara. But I'm still disappointed about the lack of decent pictures of the bride. It's really strange:sad:.
perhaps there will be more. At the Wedding of Hereditary Prince Christian there where some pics in Bunte. I'm surprised that the bride was allowed to wear this big tiara as Jeanette hasn't worn it for her Wedding.

Maybe simply it was Jeanette's choice not to wear the tiara at her own wedding.

perhaps there will be more. At the Wedding of Hereditary Prince Christian there where some pics in Bunte. I'm surprised that the bride was allowed to wear this big tiara as Jeanette hasn't worn it for her Wedding.
I hope you are right that some pics will appear later.
Maybe it was Jeanette's personal choise not to wear this big and probably heavy tiara? Who knows?

The Hereditary Prince and Princess zu Fürstenberg (if I don't mistake):
http://i56.tinypic.com/k53kzr.jpg
She is really beautiful!

I had no idea that Matilde, Beatrice and Carlo are siblings from the same mother!
Is there any pic of Beatrice with her dress? The one and unique i saw of her is hugging with Lavinia.

Mathilde is a child "of wedlock"; Carlo & Beatrice are not.

Source: Borromeo

Mathilde is a child "of wedlock"; Carlo & Beatrice are not.

Source: Borromeo

I think it says the opposite...that Carlo and Beatrice are(with Contessa Marzotto) and the rest are not...

Isabella, Lavinia and Matilde are the legitimate children of Count Carlo Ferdinando and his wife Marion; Carlo and Beatrice are the children, born out of wedlock, of Count Carlo Ferdinando from his mistress, Countess Paola Marzotto.

:previous:
Carlo Ferdinando was married to Marion Zota in 1974.
From that marriage were born Isabella (1975), Lavinia (1977) and Matilde (1983)

by Contessa Paola Marzotto Carlo Ferdinando fathered Carlo (1982) and Beatrice (1985)

Finally some beautiful pictures of the bride: MYROYALS: WEDD
I really liked her dress. The tiara is both beautiful and impressve and her hairstyle goes perfectly with it.
Stefan (or anyone else): is there anything known about the tiara, apart from the fact that it belongs to the Fürtenberg family?

Finally some beautiful pictures of the bride: MYROYALS: WEDD
I really liked her dress. The tiara is both beautiful and impressve and her hairstyle goes perfectly with it.
Stefan (or anyone else): is there anything known about the tiara, apart from the fact that it belongs to the Fürtenberg family?

Dobn't know about the tiara but it isn't the Fürstenberg tiara Fürstin Miliana wore earlier. Perhaps a different one from the Fürstenberg's or it belongs to the brides family.

What a grand wedding, and a very, very beautiful palace! The article does say that the tiara is property of the Grooms family, not the Brides...

Wow the bride looks very pregnant on one side picture! Does anyone now if Albert of Thurn und Taxis attended ? They are relatives and he was guest on Christians wedding.

Is she actually pregnant? Because she does look pregnant in that picture! LOL

Yes she is, but not so very, don't exaggerate'; I suppose it's third or fourth month.

Margherita Missioni looks pregnant on one photo when she is "cut"

Tatiana...oh, gosh...not only she is not pretty, but still doesn't know how to dress appropriately...This dress is definitely too freaked.

As for Lapo & Bianca...How they can be a couple if they are second cousins? The Catholic Church (to which they both belong, as I suppose) forbids marriage between persons so closely related.

:previous:
Marriages between cousins are indeed forbidden by Catholic Church, but however the couple can ask to the Pope a special licence to marry. They are second cousins, so not too much closely related; if they're healthy and there aren't genetic disorders in their families, there shouldn't be any reason for denying them the licence to marry.

Back
Top Bottom