HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Was Diane Von Furstenberg invited to the wedding? Tatiana worked for her as an events planner. Marie-Chantal's sister, Alexandra was married to Prince Alexandre von Furstenberg. I wonder if the connection to Diane Von Furstenberg had anything to do with Prince Nikolaos meeting Tatiana Blatnik?

The best dressed for me are Letizia and Carina. Madeleine really gained weight. Elena's dress is too shiny while Cristina's dress looks too old. I also like Maxima's dress. I missed MM during this events.

The bride looks OK nothing spectacular. And about the bridesmaids? Boo!!! Posing like as if they are in Hollywood?

Did I miss something or there were neither photos nor infos about where the whole party went after church, and what happened then (appart from KC's lovely speech) ?

Hope Juan Carlos is ok health wise, he's been very quiet lately. We were told he was fine after lung surgery, but who knows?

What exactly do you mean?
This month in Spain has been much talk about the bad relationship between the Infantas and Letizia. And at this wedding they appear all together whit smiles... When for example in the wedding of Victoria there isn't even a pic of them together

I loved the photo of King Constantine and his sons.
I have read about the bad relations between the Infantas and Letizia. I was glad that they put their differences aside on the Prince´s wedding day. After all, it´s much better to see people laughing and enjoying themselves than pouting or ignoring each other. If it was a "performance" they deserve to be praised for it.
Have you guys seen the beautiful issue of Hola about the wedding?Bought it today here in Rio.

Well, I think that it's better to put their differences aside the rest of the year, and not to do it in their first appearence after all the comments. A phostoshoot in Mallorca, like they have always done, for example.
In this way it looks very fake.

Sorry, for my bad english:)

A phostoshoot in Mallorca, like they have always done, for example.

The phostoshoot in Mallorca was not done for many years. They stopped doing it when Froilán was born, and only they recovered it the years that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia were born.

The phostoshoot in Mallorca was not done for many years. They stopped doing it when Froilán was born, and only they recovered it the years that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia were born.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info. But was only a example. The esaster mass, not match any day in Mallorca...these are others. I hope you understand what I mean:flowers:

I asked this same question on the previous page but got no answer. I've been in Mexico for the past week so I missed the nuptials but was the actual church ceremony broadcasted or have we only seen footage of the arrivals and departures of the guests/bride and groom

All in all, from what I've seen in the pictures, the bride's gown was very elegant. Chantilly lace is a bobbin lace with a fine net ground, very delicate, the designs are unbelievable and the fitting is excellent. Besides, it is very expensive! The gown looks very “light” and most proper for summer heat.

It is a pleasure to my eyes to see radiant people and I can hardly refrain from smiling when I see MaximaandWilhem of Holland, as well as Queen Margareth.

One can hardly say that Quenn Margareth has elegant dresses and a good hair dresser, but in spite of that I think she is a very elegant person. She is one in a million!

Queen Ann Marie is beautiful and was the best dressed among the “most experienced” ladies. Her hair was made in a modern and pretty style. She has a lot to teach the others.

Princess Victoria is lovely and was dressing a becoming dress, but she needs to find a better hair dresser (the same applies to Infanta Elena).

Leticia is an attractive lady (a little bit too thin, maybe) and was wearing the most beautiful dress. Her personality is just not bubbly and there´s nothing one can do about that.

About British Royals, sometimes I wonder if the reason they don’t mingle with other royals around the world is because they are afraid of their subjects’ opinion (spending too much money, acting too much like jet-setters, not “working” as much as they should, partying too much, and so on). It is hard for people to fully understand another’s “culture”.

And at this wedding they appear all together whit smiles... When for example in the wedding of Victoria there isn't even a pic of them together

There is a difference between the informality of a non-reigning royal wedding and the wedding of the Crown Princess of Sweden. Walking into the church, walking into the reception it was all ordered so the CP royals couldn't have walked in with the Infantas.

What people also need to recognize is that the wedding in Sweden was a state event and this was a family wedding.

To me the best dressed were: Pr. Letizia (the color was gorgeous), Pr. Victoria, Pr. Alexia, Queen Sofia and Pr. Theodora.
The worst: Mary of Denmark, Maxima, Elena (gosh what was she thinking?), Cristina (the dress was too big for her) and Madeleine.
The bride looked elegant, but the dress wasn't too WOW. Anyone can emulate it.
The bridesmaids dresses were pretty, but not for such an ocassion.

Farah Diba was the best dressed when I finally saw her and she was the most unexpected one to turn up as she was not at the CP Victorias wedding. I think they sealed the rank and stature of the marriage[state or not] with the attendance of the former - Empress of Iran.
It gave a different dimension to the nuptuals.
Where there any pictures of the happy couple cutting their wedding cake?

The members of The BRF should get over themselves and that snobbery they have for have for whatever reasons and go to somebody's wedding just to prove that they are human and that the spirit of Diana lives who probably would have gone.It was probably a wedding in one of the most beautiful locations on earth- so somebody should have attended and simultaneously improved their tan.

Farah Diba was the best dressed when I finally saw her and she was the most unexpected one to turn up as she was not at the CP Victorias wedding. I think they sealed the rank and stature of the marriage[state or not] with the attendance of the former - Empress of Iran.
It gave a different dimension to the nuptuals.
Where there any pictures of the happy couple cutting their wedding cake?

I agree she was the bessed dressed of her age group. For me, it was Denmarks' princesse Marie who was the best of the "younger ladies"

I guess it has been difficult for the Infantas to accept a more popular and more stylish addition to the family. and as well as that letizia is ten years or more younger than them

Last edited by a moderator:
Does anyone have proof about Letizia and the Infantas not getting along? Yeah we can toss that rumor in the same pile as the ones of Victoria being pregnant before her wedding, Mary having IVF and the ones that Camilla threw herself down the hill because of depression! There wasn't any pictures of Letizia and the infantas at ictoria's wedding because the infantas walked in first as protocol dictates because they're less important than the crown princely couple...

I don't know what Infanta Elena was thinking or how she gets on with Letizia - but I really loved her dress on her!

The members of The BRF should get over themselves and that snobbery they have for have for whatever reasons and go to somebody's wedding just to prove that they are human and that the spirit of Diana lives who probably would have gone.It was probably a wedding in one of the most beautiful locations on earth- so somebody should have attended and simultaneously improved their tan.

Well somebody did attend Prince and Princess Michael of Kent with their daughter Gabriella.
Don't see why Diana would have gone to this wedding, I doubt she would have been close to any other royals if she were still here.
HM and Prince Phillip IMO are too old to travel now, wherever it is, especially seeing as Greece is very hot this time of year.
I didn't expect Charles or Camilla to attend, but it would have been nice, I don't think it has to do with snobbery, this was a family event and family were invited.

HM and Prince Phillip IMO are too old to travel now, wherever it is, especially seeing as Greece is very hot this time of year.
You can say that again!I also don't think it has to do with snobbery.

I agree with those who think the British Royal Family should have been represented, besides the presence of Prince Michael, his wife and daughter. After all, they are related. Their younger generation (William, Harry) never show up anywhere:marriages, christenings etc..apart from one occasion in London when William was one of the godparents. How about Edward and Sophie?Or Prince Andrew? The heat, etc... are no excuses.For myself, apart from Lady Di, they´re the least likeable of all the royals.

They aren't closely related, and the BRF have been to every royal event the GRF has had in London.
The heat is an excuse for HM and Prince Phillip.
The only wedding William and Harry have been invited to was the Swedish one, and they were on a visit to South Africa, they haven't met any of the younger generation of heirs because they don't have a reason to, their father is the Heir. I didn't know they had been invited to any christenings.

I expected to see Edward and Sophie at least.

I don't blame them for not going! did you see how close the crowd was to the church? There was no security if someone wanted to kill a royal they could of done it in a heartbeat! The only royal I saw with Security was Queen Margrethe. And anyway this wasn't a typical royal wedding it was a family wedding with 80 people in the church....

Well somebody did attend Prince and Princess Michael of Kent with their daughter Gabriella.
Don't see why Diana would have gone to this wedding, I doubt she would have been close to any other royals if she were still here.
I didn't expect Charles or Camilla to attend, but it would have been nice, I don't think it has to do with snobbery, this was a family event and family were invited.

Its a little hard to say what Diana would have done as she been dead for over 10 years. But its worth noting that during her time as a member of the British Royal Family, she along with her husband, did a number of foreign royal tours, so I believe that she did have some type of relationship (I am not saying that they were particulary close but they did meet) with other European royals.

A couple of times, she and Charles did vacation with the Spanish Royals. And as previously mentioned, Constantine is the godfather of her oldest son, William. So I would hazard a guess that there is SOME type of relationship with the GRF. Now as Diana was divorced and not an official member of the BRF and still alive, she could have attended. But again, thats making a guessing game.

Now that I think about it, as previously pointed out perhaps the lack of security was a factor in the absence of more British Royals. Both the Constatine and Queen Marie have been guests at many British royal events lately, so I don't think this was an actual snubbing. And as previously mentioned, the church in itself wasn't particularly large.

Last edited:
Well after this years weddings I think the meassage from the BRF to the Bicycle Monarchies are pretty clear, "We do not want to sociailze with you. But you are after all Royals so we will do or duty and send the bare minimum since it would be rude to do otherwise, and rude we are not.”

Isn't that a big assumption?

The reigning British monarch typically does not attend foreign weddings. The last one for QEII was the London wedding Pavolos and Marie Chantal. Prior to that it was George V in Germany for the wedding of Vicktoria Louise and the Prince of Hanover.

What's important is who did attend the wedding and of course, Nikolaos and Tatiana. Cause really, the only people that needed to show up was the Priest, Nikolas, Tatiana and the necessary wedding witnesses. Everybody else is just extra gravy.

Well after this years weddings I think the meassage from the BRF to the Bicycle Monarchies are pretty clear, "We do not want to sociailze with you. But you are after all Royals so we will do or duty and send the bare minimum since it would be rude to do otherwise, and rude we are not.”

Last time I checked Prince Edward and Princess Sophie do count as part of the British Royal Family, who did attend the wedding in Sweden, and they are not the "bare minimum".
This wedding was a family wedding, and the BRF are not that closely related as "family" to the Greeks.

The Queen and Prince Phillip would more than likely have struggled with the heat, and the lack of security at this family wedding. If they would have come, their security would have probably outnumbered the guests, and where were they going to go? The church was only small apparently.

If Prince William shows up for christenings, weddings or funerals, he will stole the show ; that is the reason perhaps he never assisted to royal foreign events ?

Back
Top Bottom