HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
One of the most beautiful brides ever, IMO. Wonderful dress. From what I've seen so far I liked Letizia's and Victoria's dresses the most. :flowers:

Nice to see Constantine and his 3 sons arriving on a boat welcomed by Anne-Marie in a country where they were once King and Queen.

I don't know much about the GRF or Tatiana but she looks beautiful!
Does anyone know about her title? Is she now Princess Tatiana?
Anyone from the British royal family attend?

Normally all the Spanish ladies are fashionistas to the max
but on this occasion Leti is far outshining her in-laws. Maybe it's just the camera angles but Elena and Cristina's dresses both look very unflattering. Sofia's gown today looks better than her attire yesterday which was :eek: IMHO!

She's Princess Nikolaos. The Brits at the wedding were Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor.

I don't know much about the GRF or Tatiana but she looks beautiful!

I believe she is Princess Nikoloas as she is not a Princess in her own right.

From what I understand , the British Royal family was respresented by Lady Gabriella Windsor and Princess Michael of Kent. I haven't seen any pictures of them arriving at the wedding ceremony.

I can't say I'm impressed by the bride's dress. Most of the time our expectations tend to be too high when it comes to royal brides. Anyway, the newlyweds look very happy.
I'm reserving my opinions of the guests until I see more pictures but Letizia's my favourite.
Was the groom's sister in a white dress as well? I've only seen one picture of her.

From what I understand , the British Royal family was respresented by Lady Gabriella Windsor and Princess Michael of Kent. I haven't seen any pictures of them arriving at the wedding ceremony.

Here you go: http://www.ppe-agency.com/500px/Aug2010/PPE10082543.jpg So, the Kents were the only members of the BRF that attended?

And the reporter said that the British royal family did not send higher ranking members because they consider that there was not much security. I don't know how she got this info??:ermm:

Well said lucien,

and furthermore Madeline is gorgeous and does not look fat!!!!!

Amen! & Yamas!:flowers:

And the reporter said that the British royal family did not send higher ranking members because they consider that there was not much security. I don't know how she got this info??:ermm:

Oh ,those brits...grin...don't know where they got that from but it's lalalaland calling there.....

Tho,must be said,the Brits are way too phaphapha in matters as weddings & funeral and attending these events,bit of a way too pompous lot not aware that really they are a sort of risée,others already count down all members of the british RF as not attending,saves them a lot....grin...,they'll always find an excuse and think all are dumb enough to buy that ...Oh,never mind...Have a gin and dubonney ma'am,and all's well that ends well...

Last edited by a moderator:

All the visiting VIPs whether royal or not brought their own security detail. In addition there was local security that has landed on the island and the surrounding areas since 10 days ago.
Some of the things I heard from one of the reporters did not make much sense but I am sure she was ansxious to transmit everything she was seeing while commenting on just about everything..

Thank you Dierna23 for the pics.

I think that this was a family affair and the bridal couple picked people that they knew and who they were close to. Let's face it and not to be mean but rather realistic....the Greek Royal family is non reigning, the groom is the 2nd son and 3rd child.

This is a small family wedding. You don't see representatives from every royal house. Usually you see all the Dutch royals (Mabel, Friso, etc.) And where Martha Louise? No Monaco, Luxembourg, Japan, Jordan, etc. Its the people they know. And Prince Michael of Kent's mother prior to her marriage was Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark.

Most likely she doesn't know. She is making a guess. Scotland Yard isn't going to share its security issues and/or concerns with her. They ususally don't publicize that information.

Last edited:
So far I liked Letizia's and Victoria's dress the best. As for the wedding gown, it was not really my style.

Congrats to the newlyweds! :flowers:

Thank you Dierna23 for the pics.

I think that this was a family affair and the bridal couple picked people that they knew and who they were close to. Let's face it and not to be mean but rather realistic....the Greek Royal family is non reigning, the groom is the 2nd son and 3rd child.

This is a family wedding. You don't see representatives from every royal house. Its the people they know. And Prince Michael of Kent's mother prior to her marriage was Princess Marina of Greece and Denmark.

You see representatives of every Royal House,Reigning Royal House but Luxembourg and Liechtenstein,so no,it's the brits bug bugging around,and for the rest you are right,the couple choose friends.:)

Tatiana looks stunning and I am glad she wore a strapless not DVF dress.
Wonderful wedding.

Not a fan of the wedding dress. I really like Máxima's dress though. It's very beautiful. Madeleine looks like Arielle ;)

Tatiana looks radiant! Now we just have to wait for CP and Theodora to get together, hehe. Wishful thinking!

I like the dress, I like the bolero jacket.

I hate Infanta's Christine & Elena's dresses. Christina's maker her look older and heavier than she really is...and Elena's is just silly looking.

Tatiana looks radiant! Now we just have to wait for CP and Theodora to get together, hehe. Wishful thinking!

But wouldn't it be lovely. If no CP and Theordora then CP and Gabriella.

Last edited by a moderator:
Have a look at my post at the top of this page. ;)
She's "Tatiana, Princess Nikolaos of Greece and Denmark".

Oops...I didn't see that.

She's Princess Nikolaos. The Brits at the wedding were Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella Windsor.

Thanks for the info on the Brits

This may sound silly but why is she styled "Princess Nikoloas"?

After all i have to say that i like the bridal dress. I think it was a good choice for Tatiana:flowers:.

First Beatrix, now Margarethe... hope for Sofia that Juan Carlos is getting better soon;)!

Congrats to the happy couple! Tatiana looks absolutely stunning! (No surprise there)

Btw, I really loved Letizia's dress, she looked gorgeous.

Back
Top Bottom