The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-01-2010, 04:31 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessDianafan View Post
Looking at Tatiana in some photos she resembles the young Robin Wright Penn. Facially, speaking of course. What do you think. I think she looks like the actress during the Princess Bride era. What is Tatiana's official title? HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece?
Check this thread where the discussion is going on
Titles, Surname and Protocols for the Royal Family

Old 09-01-2010, 04:43 AM
Nobility

The Wedding Dress looks like a cross between Princess Marie of Denmark's and Autumn Kelly's.

Old 09-01-2010, 05:11 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
The Wedding Dress looks like a cross between Princess Marie of Denmark's and Autumn Kelly's.
Well this was Marie's dress
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v4...-padrino1a.jpg

Looks like a taffeta skirt, with a elbow length lace belero and the same lace covering the top part of the dress.

and this was Autumn's
http://img.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/200...OS_468x609.jpg

A silk skirt, very small belero, a silk strip around her waist and some kind of pattern on the top part of her dress.

Tatiana had a floor length straight dress, made from lace with very little pattern on the top half of the dress.
Yes she does have a small belero that matches what Marie had.

I don't think it's a "cross" at all, Marie and Autumn's dresses were similar yes.
Old 09-01-2010, 08:02 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Looking at Tatiana in some photos she resembles the young Robin Wright Penn. Facially, speaking of course. What do you think. I think she looks like the actress during the Princess Bride era. What is Tatiana's official title? HRH Princess Nikolaos of Greece?
I absolutely agree about Tatiana's resemblance to a younger Robin Wright!
Old 09-02-2010, 05:33 PM
Heir Presumptive

Yes she does. Actually Tatiana looks just like her mother.
Old 09-02-2010, 05:56 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
I would say
- Prince Michael of Greece, or at least his wife or one of his daughters!
Prince Michael was there with Marina -I don't know about their daughters. I saw a photo of them a couple of days ago in last Sunday's "ΘΕΜΑ" newspaper edition - but I don't remember if it was in the actual newspaper or in the magazine.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:26 AM
Royal Highness

I noticed that Tatiana was not wearing a small cross that Queen Anne Marie even wore at her wedding having accepted Orthodoxy.Intsead she chose that heavy jewellery juxtaposed against the delicacy of the gown.
May they live long and prosper.
Old 09-03-2010, 12:32 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
Well is anyone from the BRF, the duchy or Monaco related to the Greek Royals?
If they aren't, I'm not surprised that they didn't come.
Farah Diba - a distinctive royal presence- is not related and she attended and did not attend the Swedish nuptuals.Prince Phillip of course was a Greek Prince once how we do forget. He could have sent somebody as his proxy.
Old 09-03-2010, 03:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaya View Post
Farah Diba - a distinctive royal presence- is not related and she attended and did not attend the Swedish nuptuals.Prince Phillip of course was a Greek Prince once how we do forget. He could have sent somebody as his proxy.
I've been told, but this wedding was mainly a family event.
Why does he have to "send" someone, why can't people attend this wedding of their own accord instead of being sent as a representative.
Old 09-03-2010, 02:45 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
I've been told, but this wedding was mainly a family event.
Why does he have to "send" someone, why can't people attend this wedding of their own accord instead of being sent as a representative.
How do you or anybody else for that matter know that this was a 'family' wedding? Was it published anywhere?Where is the link to this statement circulated throughout the forum for days now.
Why do you ask me this question about proxies and not him?
I have no idea what this has to do with his own accord as if there was one and at ninety- perhaps he could send someone as his proxy due to the idea of travel in the summer heat and being unable to do so himself.
Old 09-03-2010, 04:04 PM
Serene Highness

^^^^ Well considering they chose a church that can only hold 80 people when there are larger churches on the Island, and really only had close friends and some Royalty I would say it's a family wedding. Also compare it to Pavlos or Alexias then you will see it was definitely a family/private wedding.
Old 09-04-2010, 05:58 PM
Gentry

it was the perfect wedding. and i was very lucky as i was on vacations and a business friend of mine invited me to spetses. we have seen them all, it was amazing. tatiana waved to me and i will never forget these days.

gregory
Old 09-04-2010, 08:03 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRspecialforces View Post
it was the perfect wedding. and i was very lucky as i was on vacations and a business friend of mine invited me to spetses. we have seen them all, it was amazing. tatiana waved to me and i will never forget these days.

gregory
Aww! I'm so jealous I never got to see a royal wedding up close! & this one seems like the perfect one b/c there wasn't like thousands of people, Glad you had fun!
Old 09-04-2010, 09:23 PM
Heir Apparent

It did indeed appear to be a perfect Royal wedding...excellent mix of formality and fun..solemn, grand and yet casually elegant from beginning to end.

It was different from Victoria and Daniel's, but every bit as perfect and romantic.

This has been the summer for grand romantic weddings, I have LOVED it!
Old 09-05-2010, 12:07 AM
Commoner

Prince Nikolaos Marries Tatiana Blatnik!

by Ella Kay

Prince Nikolaos Marries Tatiana Blatnik! — Musings of an American Royal Watcher
Old 09-05-2010, 02:31 AM
Imperial Majesty

You canīt compare this wedding with the wedding of Victoria and Daniel, because at their wedding we could see everything live and sense the deep love and the very special feeling between Victoria and Daniel. The swedish wedding was so remarkably open, we could see every emotion live at the faces of the bride and groom.

25 August 2010 The Royal Wedding Day at last! | Spetses Direct
Wedding sets royalty abuzz - Emirates24|7
aapimage gallery

Video:
MSN Video
Old 09-05-2010, 05:05 PM
Commoner

I agree the wedding of victoria and daniel was more pomp and this wedding is more low key, yet still aroyal wedding. The bride and groom looks vey happy together. carmen jones
Old 09-05-2010, 05:08 PM
Commoner

I agree victoria and daniel wedding is more pomp, this wedding is more a private affair, but still aroyal wedding
Old 09-05-2010, 06:42 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by battle View Post
It as nice to see a pic finally of Princess Michael and the Prince MIcheal and their daughter Gabriella at the wedding representing the BRF.Princess Michael looked gorgeous as always.
Old 09-06-2010, 02:38 AM
Aristocracy

The wedding of Viktoria and Daniel was a state affair. And that was decided not by the couple but by the governement. Thus it was an official ceremony with clear protocoll and it would also have been clear who was invited and that some Royal house who could not attend would send a proxy, otherwise they would not just be offensive to the couple but to the swedish people as well. The wedding at of Tatjana and Nikolaos was a private affair with very loose protocoll (remember the Arielles!) and people invited could come or not. It had the feeling of a great party for everybody I found when looking at the pictures. And probably security was less than on state affairs.