The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2010, 11:45 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

The last picture of the 4 men is wonderful.

Old 08-27-2010, 12:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

The spanish royals were quite tightly together during the whole wedding
Profimedia
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Old 08-27-2010, 12:23 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumutqueen View Post
The last picture of the 4 men is wonderful.
Quite right, a very proud father with his 3 grown sons! It must have been very emotional for the king to be back in Greece for such a happy event.
Old 08-27-2010, 01:07 PM
Commoner

This behavior has nothing to do whith the fact that she is pregnant or not. She normally acts like that, are days when she seems to be extremely happy, and days that she moves like a robot. And I think that the robot days are more frequent.

And what a fake performance of the spanish royals!!!
Old 08-27-2010, 02:10 PM
Moderator Emeritus
Royal Blogger

THE MARRIAGE OF HRH PRINCE NIKOLAOS TO TATIANA BLATNIK
25 August 2010

We are delighted to announce that the wedding of HRH Prince Nikolaos to Tatiana Blatnik took place at the church of Aghios Nikolaos, Spetses.
The ceremony was officiated by His Eminence the Bishop of Hydra, Spetses, Aigina, Ermionida and Trizinia, Efraim.
During the dinner that followed, His Majesty King Constantine delivered the following speech:

Your Majesties, Your Royal Highnesses, Your Eminence, Your Excellencies and dear friends….as the King of Siam put it in the musical The King and I….etcetera, etcetera, etcetera...
Nikolaos…..at last! As Shakespeare wrote in Romeo and Juliet..”Wisely and slow; they stumble that run fast”…and Tatiana….“One fairer than my love? The all-seeing sun ne’er saw her match since first the world begun”…..
A little morality tale for my son on the occasion of his wedding:
A married couple in their early 60s was celebrating their 40th Wedding Anniversary in a quiet, romantic, little restaurant. Suddenly, a tiny and beautiful fairy appeared on their table. She said, 'For being such an exemplary married couple and for being loving to each other for all this time, I will grant you each a wish.
The wife answered, 'Oh, I want to travel around the world with my darling husband.' The fairy waved her magic wand and - suddenly! – two tickets for the Queen Mary II appeared in her hands
The husband thought for a moment: 'Well, this is all very romantic, but an opportunity like this will never come again. I'm sorry my love, but my wish is to have a wife 30 years younger than me.'
The wife, and the fairy, were deeply disappointed, but a wish is a wish. So the fairy waved her magic wand and suddenly!...the husband became 92 years old.
The moral of this story? Always remember this, my son: however magical they may be, fairies are always female!
So….Pavlo brought into the family a shining diamond, Alexia brought a bright star, and you…a beautiful pearl. I remember when you were born, I was in the delivery room and the doctor said in a loud voice “2” meaning the medical team should be alert as the umbilical cord had gone twice roundyour neck! In my ignorance, I thought my lovely wife was about to produce twins! Thinking back, I am not convinced that the world is quite ready to cope with two Nikolaos’!
Your negotiating skills were apparent to me from the moment you went to Brown University. Whenever the occasion presented itself, and you had to submit your work or an essaywhich, more often than not, wasn’t ready, you always managed to persuade The Dean to give you an extension.
You impressed me a great deal that you wanted to follow your elder brother, Pavlo, into the Army. Having left the regiment, Pavlo volunteered to re-join at the beginning of the Gulf War and you approached the Brigadier commanding 7th Brigade requesting to join the front line alongside your fellow officers. It was quite a difficult period for your mother and me when it became apparent that you might have to go to war.
I know I don't need to remind you of our country's history, but from the day your great great grandfather, George I, was elected by the Greek national assembly unanimously to become King of the Hellenes until today, when our lives have changed and Greece has become a republic. Service to our country and the Greek people has always been our tradition, and always will be.
As you know, Nikolae, our country and all of us Greeks are going through and will continue to endure difficult times. I have great confidence in the resilience of the Greek People. I can only wish that there is a sign of hope soon so that the crisis is terminated and that Greece finds its way to redevelopment.
This is the first wedding of our family in Greece since we left and we are delighted that it is taking place on this beautiful island, Spetses, with it’s wonderful people. It is a place we have come to love and, don’t forget, very close to here is where your mother and I spent our honeymoon and just across the sea on the mainland, we have started to make our home.
With deep gratitude to the people of Spetses and to the people from different parts of Greece who have come here today – our love and sincere thanks. We would also like to thank the Municipality of Spetses for welcoming this wedding on their island and for their understanding, the Police Authorities represented, the Port Authority and the Fire Brigade for the long hours they have all put in and for their discretion.
Anne-Marie has asked me to mention, as happy as we are to have you here today, we would be really thrilled if you would return and spend some time getting to know this beautiful island.
The advice I gave to your brother in law, Carlos, when he married Alexia, I give to you now….
“To keep your marriage brimming
with love in the loving cup,
whenever you are wrong, admit it,
whenever you are right, shut up”.
There is a song written by Rogers and Hammerstein which you will all be happy to know I am not going to sing… which goes…
"It's a lovely day for a wedding
Every heart is bursting with pride
It's a lovely day for a wedding
But not for the parents of the bride."
Why? Because today they lose their daughter to my son Nikolaos.To my brand new daughter in law… I say from my heart - welcome to our family.
Tatiana, I heard you ask your mother in the midst of all the planning for this great day, how far have you got…..what have you accomplished….the answer, without doubt…..her greatest accomplishment is you….
My friends, it is a lovely day for a wedding and my heart is indeed bursting with pride.
Tatiana, look after your husband. He's not a bad fellow.
And Nikolaos, look after your wife. She's a treasure.
God bless you both.

The Greek Royal Family - News & Media
Old 08-27-2010, 04:11 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by fandesacs2003 View Post
The couple has invited mainly close family and young cousins. For Michael of Greece, I agree, but for Romania. I doubt
Amedeo could be invited only because he is married to Pcs Olga
As for the Hannovers, Ernst should be but with Ernst you never know!

I have now a question. Dutch RF has any family connection with GRF??? WA and Maxima were invited as family or just friends?

I did not find anything. Does someone know??
Actually the relation is closer with Amedeo (the son of princess Irene of Greece) and with Michael of Romania (the son of princess Elena of Greece) than with prince Micheal of Greece, the Kents etc and when you have some hundreds of guests it's not such a small wedding.

BTW it is possible that media just didn't photographed them. For example I just found out that crown prince Alexander of Serbia and one of his sons were there as well and no pictures of them appeared before. http://www.noblesseetroyautes.com/nr01/?p=38264 (The site is reporting the sad news of the death of crown princess Katherine's mother).
Old 08-27-2010, 07:21 PM
Aristocracy

i love the speech by king constantine...whimsical, cute with a touch of humor
Old 08-27-2010, 07:28 PM
Aristocracy

how weird would it be if letizia is also pregnant, that's why she's out of sorts during the wedding...wouldn't it be too weird considering mary and her lives and its major events
Old 08-27-2010, 08:22 PM
Aristocracy

Thank you Princess Robijn. What a lovely speech.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:41 PM
Aristocracy

Thanks for all the great photos!

I have mixed feelings about look of the bride. Without the fringe her hairstyle would have been perfect. I'm not sure if it's just the photos, but something is not right with her makeup. The same is true for the dress, which is lovely in its femininity and romance. I can't put my finger on what exactly it is that I don't like - but there's a lack of sophistication which I was expecting, and there's definitely way too much lace, especially lace on lace with the veil and gown, and something is amiss with the design/fit of the bodice.

For me, the best dressed guests are princesses Victoria, Letizia, and Marie Chantal.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:10 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post

And what a fake performance of the spanish royals!!!
What exactly do you mean?
Old 08-28-2010, 01:00 AM
Courtier

Was Diane Von Furstenberg invited to the wedding? Tatiana worked for her as an events planner. Marie-Chantal's sister, Alexandra was married to Prince Alexandre von Furstenberg. I wonder if the connection to Diane Von Furstenberg had anything to do with Prince Nikolaos meeting Tatiana Blatnik?
Old 08-28-2010, 02:05 AM
Courtier

The best dressed for me are Letizia and Carina. Madeleine really gained weight. Elena's dress is too shiny while Cristina's dress looks too old. I also like Maxima's dress. I missed MM during this events.

The bride looks OK nothing spectacular. And about the bridesmaids? Boo!!! Posing like as if they are in Hollywood?
Old 08-28-2010, 04:52 AM
Nobility

Did I miss something or there were neither photos nor infos about where the whole party went after church, and what happened then (appart from KC's lovely speech) ?
Old 08-28-2010, 06:43 AM
Nobility

Hope Juan Carlos is ok health wise, he's been very quiet lately. We were told he was fine after lung surgery, but who knows?
Old 08-28-2010, 10:24 AM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Winnie View Post
What exactly do you mean?
This month in Spain has been much talk about the bad relationship between the Infantas and Letizia. And at this wedding they appear all together whit smiles... When for example in the wedding of Victoria there isn't even a pic of them together
Old 08-28-2010, 10:52 AM
Royal Highness

I loved the photo of King Constantine and his sons.
I have read about the bad relations between the Infantas and Letizia. I was glad that they put their differences aside on the Prince´s wedding day. After all, it´s much better to see people laughing and enjoying themselves than pouting or ignoring each other. If it was a "performance" they deserve to be praised for it.
Have you guys seen the beautiful issue of Hola about the wedding?Bought it today here in Rio.
Old 08-28-2010, 11:26 AM
Commoner

Well, I think that it's better to put their differences aside the rest of the year, and not to do it in their first appearence after all the comments. A phostoshoot in Mallorca, like they have always done, for example.
In this way it looks very fake.

Sorry, for my bad english
Old 08-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tessa View Post
A phostoshoot in Mallorca, like they have always done, for example.
The phostoshoot in Mallorca was not done for many years. They stopped doing it when Froilán was born, and only they recovered it the years that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia were born.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:45 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by lula View Post
The phostoshoot in Mallorca was not done for many years. They stopped doing it when Froilán was born, and only they recovered it the years that the Infantas Leonor and Sofia were born.
I didn't know that, thanks for the info. But was only a example. The esaster mass, not match any day in Mallorca...these are others. I hope you understand what I mean