The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-26-2010, 01:05 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
I am sorry who is Princess Rosaria?
Rosario, wife of Prince Kyril of Bulgaria

Old 08-26-2010, 01:19 AM
Nobility

Here is a good article about the father of Tatiana Blatnik:
LA OTRA CRONICA El Mundo 7 Agosto 2010 | YouKioske

Old 08-26-2010, 01:22 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by nascarlucy View Post
Just curious. Why was the wedding held on a Wednesday?
This question reminds me of a wedding poem:

Marry on a Monday it will be for wealth
Marry on a Tuesday is for health
Wednesday is the best day of all
Thursday for losses
Friday for crosses
Saturday for no luck at all.....
Old 08-26-2010, 01:37 AM
Royal Highness

Does anybody know anything about the earrings the bride wore?
Old 08-26-2010, 01:48 AM
Nobility

Liked the brides dress - it reminded me of Maries. Suited the more relaxed location very well.

Letizia looked fantastic - IMO she was the best dressed at this wedding. The blue was amazing and really flattered her. It was perfect for a mediterranean wedding.

Although I did not like Maxima's dress much I did think she looked better than she has for a while - her hair looked particularly nice.

I also thought that Marie looked beautiful in her gown and again it suited the location of the wedding.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:15 AM
Courtier

Qu Margrethes tag

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
I have been wondering the same thing all day! Anybody know what that little thing is?
If you can find a close up of Queen Margrethe you will see she is wearing a diamond fleur-de-lis with two cabochon sapphires attached as a centre piece on the necklaces. If I knew how to post a close up for you I would gladly do so. sigh!
Old 08-26-2010, 02:22 AM
Gentry

I watch the wedding fron channels STAR + ALTER (except the incide the church). I liked it very much. The reporters were polite and decent with their comments. On the contrary in the early morning programw of channels NET (of the state) and SKAI the reporters were rude and mock the whole event. Shame on them.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:51 AM
Aristocracy

The best dressed guests: Letizia of Spain, Alexia of Greece, Alexander of Denmark
Quite good: Maxiama of Neverland, Marie of Denmark, Theorada of Greece, Lady Gabrille of UK, Victoria of Sweden
Not sure: Marie-chantal(can't see her dress clearly without the scarf)
Nothing special: Mary of Denmark
Not good: Elena of Spain
Worst: Cristina of Spain
I think elena's dress is quite funny, she used to wear this cuuting of dress but i would like to see her wearing some type of dress that simple but elegant, the dress she wore is too bus but i would like to say that without the jacket, it looked much more better, maybe that's a portocal to wear the jacket to insid ethe church in orthodox way. Cristina's dress is a disaster, she has a great body shape and already tall enough, her dress totally makes her huge and hide her whole body, she looked like aged a lot in this dress, beside her younger husband, that makes their age gap is bigger. I like Cristina dressed like she did in the 50th birthday party of CP of Beligium.
Old 08-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
Why is Queen Margrethe wearing a tag?
[DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
It looks more like some kind of security pass, maybe to get into the event. I wish I could see her necklace better.

Looking at al the photos, I see Christina of Spain's dress is not fastastic either.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:00 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by suztav View Post
Queen Anne-Marie: if it's possible for a mother-of-the-groom to possibly overshadow the bride ... she can do it! A beautiful lady!
Ah yes, Queen AM is the perfect Queen, even in her golden years. Princess Alexia was simply lovely. No other words for her. She really looks like a nice person with no exsessive airs and graces. Most of the crown princesses didn't diasapoint, with Letizia topping them all. I for one liked Marie Chantal's look, I wonder what the dress looked like without the shawl. From the older ladies, besides Q A-M, Farah Diba topped it, she is ageless...
Old 08-26-2010, 03:02 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarlita View Post
If you can find a close up of Queen Margrethe you will see she is wearing a diamond fleur-de-lis with two cabochon sapphires attached as a centre piece on the necklaces. If I knew how to post a close up for you I would gladly do so. sigh!
Wedding of Prince Nikolaos and Miss Tatiana Blatnik - Wedding Service - Pictures - Zimbio
I'd like to know more about it! And Queen Margrethe looks very nice (for once). I really like this dress on her.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:12 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by georgiea View Post
Because the wedding was not a black tie event, is that why there were no tiaras?
It could well have been an acknowledgement of Greece's financial crisis ... in which case, a very tactful and low-key approach, and it was very appropriate. Now that you point it out, none of the guests wore expensive jewellery, did they? It may have been discussed informally during the arrangements. Good call Georgiea!

I thought Marie looked very relaxed and beautiful. It's a shame Mary's husband couldn't be there with her - I'm sure any woman would feel slightly more vulnerable out and about while 5 months pregnant. Haakon and Maxie looked after her very considerately, though. Mary's short dress at the boat party was beautiful - lovely arm cutout.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Aristocracy

Well, I just went through the thread and looked at the pictures.
I have to say, the 2 comments (the bride beeing posing like an actress and loving heself) seem quite good to me. She is pretty - in my eyes not thaaat beatiful - but I miss some kind of warmth - maybe that has to do with the early loss of her father.
Q. Anne Marie sure is a beatiful woman.
I also thought that Rosario always looks perfectly elegant - love her dress.
M.Chantal´s dress also seems to be very beatiful and fits her very well.
As to Christina - I understand that many think it makes her look bigger than she is - of course it does a bit - but as she is a very tall woman it is difficult to wear dresses with more shape too. I think, the longer I look at her, it is her style - she looks beatiful.
Elena´s dress is better withou the jacket but I agree she has better ones.
Letizia was very nice - the dress lovely - but even when they seemed to have fun with each other yesterday, sometimes she looks lost on family pictures.
I was wondering who that greatlooking guy was somebody then identified as Alvaro Fuster - who is he?
To me Pavlos looks youger these days than Nicolaso - the "crownprince" looked fantastic in blue last night.
Old 08-26-2010, 03:46 AM
Moderator Emeritus

Here is a good gallery from Daylife
Greece, August 25 - News, photos, topics, and quotes

A better picture of Infanta Elena dress
http://www.telecinco.es/informativos...largeimage.jpg

A short video:
http://www.aftonbladet.se/webbtv/nyh...icle7676085.ab

Old 08-26-2010, 03:59 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marika86 View Post
I really like her simple make-up!!
The bride is absolutely beautiful but I think she had too much blush. Too reddish make-up.
Old 08-26-2010, 04:24 AM
Gentry

The reportage of STAR +ALTER channels were in detail. Tatiana was amazing. Nicolaos too. And every guest royal or not. Everything seem to be perfect.Queen Anna Maria was beautiful and as always very sweet. She was one of the most beautiful princesses in Europe when she was young. King Konstantinos must lose weight immediately. I regret I could not record it in DVD and send it to the forum. I hope someone else will do it. The greek royal family really loves Greece
Old 08-26-2010, 04:49 AM
Royal Highness

Photo from Getty Images
It gets worse - their purses don't even remotely go with their gowns!
Old 08-26-2010, 04:56 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maura724 View Post
Apparently nobody agrees with me about this, but I actually really like the bridesmaids' dresses. A little too "sparkly" for me to use them in my own wedding, but I do think they're pretty.
I agree with you, I like the bridesmaids dresses.
Old 08-26-2010, 05:00 AM
Heir Apparent

Were the British royal family represented at the weddding?
Old 08-26-2010, 05:04 AM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by muriel View Post
Were the British royal family represented at the weddding?
Slightly, by Prince and Princess Michael of Kent and Lady Gabriella.