The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-25-2010, 07:25 PM
Courtier

Where was the wedding reception held? Hope we can get some photos from the reception only because I'm greedy for more.

Old 08-25-2010, 07:27 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeLLeNa14 View Post
Is there a video in which we can see her?
I have looked high and low andI cannot find one- Princess Irene has aged considerably since we last saw her .Irene has no vanity whatsoever..... I think she is the only royal that has this quality about her. I think she bore the brunt of the family's woes when they came upon them and so she is selfless ; spiritual and the family is blessed to have her .For me it is her presence that has made that a very special day indeed.
Does anybody know who the godfathers were? Who did the exchanging of the crowns on the couples head?

Old 08-25-2010, 07:42 PM
Aristocracy

Now that I have had a chance to see a closeup of Elena's dress, it's really not that bad. Kinda cute as a matter of fact. Colorful and fun. I do feel for her. Constantly being compared to her much prettier sister and sister-in-law, she really can't catch a break. She gets overlooked in comparison to the other ladies. She appears to have such a sweet disposition that it seems almost cruel to criticize her fashion choices because they don't measure up to the others. I'm sure she dresses to please herself and tries to ignore those that think less that complimentary thoughts about her.

Not that I'm criticizing anyone here. There's no finger pointing. This is a forum for people to freely air their personal views, and yes she does tend to wear some very uncomplimentary outfits. I have not been too impressed with much of her clothing choices myself, but I just feel sympathy for her considering who she ends up being compared to so often.
Old 08-25-2010, 07:48 PM
Administrator

The thing about Infanta Elena is that she does appear to be a sweet woman. I don't know her personally but I haven't heard anything bad about her. She fell in love, married, it didn't work out and she divorced.

Like you said she is compared a lot to her sister and sister in law in regards to looks and fashion. The thing that is so frustrating to me about Elena is she has a beautiful shape! I don't expect her to dress inappropriate for her age but some of the things that she wears just don't flatter her. I agree the dress looks a little better close up but LadyK summed it up best earlier....Last night she looked great and then we come to this.

Old 08-25-2010, 08:01 PM
Nobility

I see that Victoria de Borbon-Dos Sicilias and Markos Nomikos were there. He has become quite heavy.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
So Haakon left alone Mette-Marit just on the 9th anniversary of their marriage ?
i understand she is terrified of flying.

i like that most of the ladies have chosen to wear either greek-themed or greek-island-colours. Letizia, Theodora, Madeleine, Pcs Michael and Q AnnMarie looked lovely. The less said about the Spanish Infantas' outfits, the better.
And the bride looked lovely too.
The dress on Marie'Chantal's daughter could have been a bit longer. She's a bit old for such a 'little girl' outfit. THe smaller bridesmaids with the kneelength dresses looked lovely.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:30 PM
Serene Highness

Pictures of inside the cathedral
Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected
Old 08-25-2010, 08:41 PM
Commoner

I don't think that we need to feel sorry for her. In spite of her face, she has a pose that Letizia and Cristina can only dream. Her posture is very good.
Anyway, her latest outfits are terrible.

My favourite dresses are those of Maxima and Rosario Nadal.
I also expected much more of the bride, Tatiana is so stylish.
Old 08-25-2010, 08:43 PM
Heir Presumptive

Bride looks very classy IMO

Favorite looks: Maxima, wow!, Marie-Chantal, Marie and Letizia!
Old 08-25-2010, 08:44 PM
Serene Highness

Just curious. Why was the wedding held on a Wednesday?
Old 08-25-2010, 10:27 PM
Courtier

As I've said before, I didn't love the bride's gown but she is so gorgeous and wears clothes so well that she could have been in a burlap sack and still look good! Cheers to Princess Nikolaos!

As for the other women:

Queen Anne-Marie: if it's possible for a mother-of-the-groom to possibly overshadow the bride ... she can do it! A beautiful lady!

Queen Margrethe: not bad ... but her hair could have been better
Queen Sofia: gown looked "too heavy" for the warm Greek climate ... but, she looked good

CP Mary and CP Victoria: OK ... but, I've seen them both look better
CP Maxima: fabulous!

Princess Madeleine: once again, a beautiful woman ... but, a bit too Barbie doll-ish

Princess Rosaria: I wish she'd wear something other than beige and something that didn't exactly match her skin tone

Princess Elena: dear Lord! She needs an entire make-over ... and, she should return the house dress to the housekeeper from whom she borrowed it!

Princess Cristina: OK

Princess Marie: she comments about Princess Rosaria.

The Groom? Priceless!
Old 08-25-2010, 10:30 PM
Gentry

The bride was beautiful and so were Marie, Letizia and Victoria, men Felipe and Haakon. Princess Michael of Kent dress was perfect for a woman her age. Thank you for all the pictures.

Oh yes, Queen Anne-Marie looked perfect. She is a beautiful woman. I am sorry who is Princess Rosaria?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lindy View Post
I see that Victoria de Borbon-Dos Sicilias and Markos Nomikos were there. He has become quite heavy.
Are they married? She looks so much younger than him!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Paty View Post
In my opinion the best dress ladies of the night were Princess Letizia, with that Greek and Mediterranean style and Princess Marie, lovely in cream. Marie always has good choices, classic but lovely either way.

Infanta Cristina, the worse, definitely, she looked horrible, even more fat than she really is....

About the bride...she looks beautiful, but I must say that I expected more from her, specially since yesterday night when she wore that gorgeous blue dress.
I agree, Letizia and Marie looked beautiful. Infanta Cristina her hair and make up lovely, but the dress was like something you would wear on a vacation by the sea. I liked the dress, but not for a wedding!
Prince Felipe is so handsome, he is perfect in everyway.
After Victoria's wedding I have liked everything she wears. Her wedding was a fairy tale wedding just perfect for a future queen. Victoria and Daniel look so much in love.
Old 08-25-2010, 10:48 PM
Serene Highness
Picture of the Month Representative – Spain

http://img844.imageshack.us/img844/677/felipeeee.jpg
OK this picture left me SPEECHLESS.. Letizia just beautiful and Felipe gorgeous couple.
Old 08-25-2010, 11:10 PM
Royal Highness

Because the wedding was not a black tie event, is that why there were no tiaras?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:39 PM
Nobility

Why is Queen Margrethe wearing a tag?
Old 08-25-2010, 11:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

The way Tatiana poses makes me think that she is an actor playing bride at a movie...
Victoria and Daniel
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Daylife
Profimedia

IBL Bildbyrå gallery
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Ebbas blogg
Old 08-26-2010, 12:11 AM
Administrator
Blog Editor
Picture of the Month Representative - Luxembourg
Royal Blogger

Thank you everyone for the pictures - Tatiana looks simply stunning, and both she and Nikolaos look so happy.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:45 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlottestreasures View Post
Why is Queen Margrethe wearing a tag?
I have been wondering the same thing all day! Anybody know what that little thing is?
Old 08-26-2010, 12:57 AM
Heir Presumptive

All the pictures are just wonderful. It really was a family wedding in a place that meant a lot to the couple. Their family, relatives and friends just happen to be royals and therefore the interest from the press. Everyone looked great and attended the wedding because the wedding couple wanted them there. When someone starts to rip people apart because of some idea on how people are supposed to look then you have lost track of why there are weddings. People are there to support and add love and friendship to the wedding couple. The negative comments are so unnecessary.
Old 08-26-2010, 12:59 AM
Royal Highness

The bride looks beautiful - Love her earrings!
But what's up with the bridesmaids' dress?! They're horrible! WORST DRESSED BY FAR! Sequined clevage is never good! And acting like they are the newest/hottest celebrities on the non-existant Red Carpet is TACKY!! Sad that this will be what their wedding is remembered for.
Letizia gets my vote for best dressed. Marie Chantal looked good too.
Not a fan of Maxima's dress though. I'd take Elena's dress over Maxima's.