HRH Prince Nikolaos of Greece and Tatiana Blatnik: August 25, 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
As I've said before, I didn't love the bride's gown but she is so gorgeous and wears clothes so well that she could have been in a burlap sack and still look good! Cheers to Princess Nikolaos!

As for the other women:

Queen Anne-Marie: if it's possible for a mother-of-the-groom to possibly overshadow the bride ... she can do it! A beautiful lady!

Queen Margrethe: not bad ... but her hair could have been better
Queen Sofia: gown looked "too heavy" for the warm Greek climate ... but, she looked good

CP Mary and CP Victoria: OK ... but, I've seen them both look better
CP Maxima: fabulous!

Princess Madeleine: once again, a beautiful woman ... but, a bit too Barbie doll-ish

Princess Rosaria: I wish she'd wear something other than beige and something that didn't exactly match her skin tone

Princess Elena: dear Lord! She needs an entire make-over ... and, she should return the house dress to the housekeeper from whom she borrowed it!

Princess Cristina: OK

Princess Marie: she comments about Princess Rosaria.

The Groom? Priceless!:p:p

The bride was beautiful and so were Marie, Letizia and Victoria, men Felipe and Haakon. Princess Michael of Kent dress was perfect for a woman her age. Thank you for all the pictures.

Oh yes, Queen Anne-Marie looked perfect. She is a beautiful woman. I am sorry who is Princess Rosaria?

I see that Victoria de Borbon-Dos Sicilias and Markos Nomikos were there. He has become quite heavy.

Are they married? She looks so much younger than him!

In my opinion the best dress ladies of the night were Princess Letizia, with that Greek and Mediterranean style and Princess Marie, lovely in cream. Marie always has good choices, classic but lovely either way.

Infanta Cristina, the worse, definitely, she looked horrible, even more fat than she really is....

About the bride...she looks beautiful, but I must say that I expected more from her, specially since yesterday night when she wore that gorgeous blue dress.

I agree, Letizia and Marie looked beautiful. Infanta Cristina her hair and make up lovely, but the dress was like something you would wear on a vacation by the sea. I liked the dress, but not for a wedding!
Prince Felipe is so handsome, he is perfect in everyway. :heart:
After Victoria's wedding I have liked everything she wears. Her wedding was a fairy tale wedding just perfect for a future queen. Victoria and Daniel look so much in love.

Last edited by a moderator:
Because the wedding was not a black tie event, is that why there were no tiaras?

Thank you everyone for the pictures - Tatiana looks simply stunning, and both she and Nikolaos look so happy.

All the pictures are just wonderful. It really was a family wedding in a place that meant a lot to the couple. Their family, relatives and friends just happen to be royals and therefore the interest from the press. Everyone looked great and attended the wedding because the wedding couple wanted them there. When someone starts to rip people apart because of some idea on how people are supposed to look then you have lost track of why there are weddings. People are there to support and add love and friendship to the wedding couple. The negative comments are so unnecessary.

The bride looks beautiful - Love her earrings!
But what's up with the bridesmaids' dress?! They're horrible! WORST DRESSED BY FAR! Sequined clevage is never good! And acting like they are the newest/hottest celebrities on the non-existant Red Carpet is TACKY!! Sad that this will be what their wedding is remembered for.
Letizia gets my vote for best dressed. Marie Chantal looked good too.
Not a fan of Maxima's dress though. I'd take Elena's dress over Maxima's.

Just curious. Why was the wedding held on a Wednesday?

This question reminds me of a wedding poem:

Marry on a Monday it will be for wealth
Marry on a Tuesday is for health
Wednesday is the best day of all
Thursday for losses
Friday for crosses
Saturday for no luck at all.....

Does anybody know anything about the earrings the bride wore?

Liked the brides dress - it reminded me of Maries. Suited the more relaxed location very well.

Letizia looked fantastic - IMO she was the best dressed at this wedding. The blue was amazing and really flattered her. It was perfect for a mediterranean wedding.

Although I did not like Maxima's dress much I did think she looked better than she has for a while - her hair looked particularly nice.

I also thought that Marie looked beautiful in her gown and again it suited the location of the wedding.

Qu Margrethes tag

I have been wondering the same thing all day! Anybody know what that little thing is? :ermm:

If you can find a close up of Queen Margrethe you will see she is wearing a diamond fleur-de-lis with two cabochon sapphires attached as a centre piece on the necklaces. If I knew how to post a close up for you I would gladly do so. sigh!

I watch the wedding fron channels STAR + ALTER (except the incide the church). I liked it very much. The reporters were polite and decent with their comments. On the contrary in the early morning programw of channels NET (of the state) and SKAI the reporters were rude and mock the whole event. Shame on them.

The best dressed guests: Letizia of Spain, Alexia of Greece, Alexander of Denmark
Quite good: Maxiama of Neverland, Marie of Denmark, Theorada of Greece, Lady Gabrille of UK, Victoria of Sweden
Not sure: Marie-chantal(can't see her dress clearly without the scarf)
Nothing special: Mary of Denmark
Not good: Elena of Spain
Worst: Cristina of Spain
I think elena's dress is quite funny, she used to wear this cuuting of dress but i would like to see her wearing some type of dress that simple but elegant, the dress she wore is too bus but i would like to say that without the jacket, it looked much more better, maybe that's a portocal to wear the jacket to insid ethe church in orthodox way. Cristina's dress is a disaster, she has a great body shape and already tall enough, her dress totally makes her huge and hide her whole body, she looked like aged a lot in this dress, beside her younger husband, that makes their age gap is bigger. I like Cristina dressed like she did in the 50th birthday party of CP of Beligium.

Queen Anne-Marie: if it's possible for a mother-of-the-groom to possibly overshadow the bride ... she can do it! A beautiful lady!
Ah yes, Queen AM is the perfect Queen, even in her golden years. Princess Alexia was simply lovely. No other words for her. She really looks like a nice person with no exsessive airs and graces. Most of the crown princesses didn't diasapoint, with Letizia topping them all. I for one liked Marie Chantal's look, I wonder what the dress looked like without the shawl. From the older ladies, besides Q A-M, Farah Diba topped it, she is ageless...

Because the wedding was not a black tie event, is that why there were no tiaras?

It could well have been an acknowledgement of Greece's financial crisis ... in which case, a very tactful and low-key approach, and it was very appropriate. Now that you point it out, none of the guests wore expensive jewellery, did they? It may have been discussed informally during the arrangements. Good call Georgiea!

I thought Marie looked very relaxed and beautiful. It's a shame Mary's husband couldn't be there with her - I'm sure any woman would feel slightly more vulnerable out and about while 5 months pregnant. Haakon and Maxie looked after her very considerately, though. Mary's short dress at the boat party was beautiful - lovely arm cutout.

Well, I just went through the thread and looked at the pictures.
I have to say, the 2 comments (the bride beeing posing like an actress and loving heself) seem quite good to me. She is pretty - in my eyes not thaaat beatiful - but I miss some kind of warmth - maybe that has to do with the early loss of her father.
Q. Anne Marie sure is a beatiful woman.
I also thought that Rosario always looks perfectly elegant - love her dress.
M.Chantal´s dress also seems to be very beatiful and fits her very well.
As to Christina - I understand that many think it makes her look bigger than she is - of course it does a bit - but as she is a very tall woman it is difficult to wear dresses with more shape too. I think, the longer I look at her, it is her style - she looks beatiful.
Elena´s dress is better withou the jacket but I agree she has better ones.
Letizia was very nice - the dress lovely - but even when they seemed to have fun with each other yesterday, sometimes she looks lost on family pictures.
I was wondering who that greatlooking guy was somebody then identified as Alvaro Fuster - who is he?
To me Pavlos looks youger these days than Nicolaso - the "crownprince" looked fantastic in blue last night.

The reportage of STAR +ALTER channels were in detail. Tatiana was amazing. Nicolaos too. And every guest royal or not. Everything seem to be perfect.Queen Anna Maria was beautiful and as always very sweet. She was one of the most beautiful princesses in Europe when she was young. King Konstantinos must lose weight immediately. I regret I could not record it in DVD and send it to the forum. I hope someone else will do it. The greek royal family really loves Greece

Apparently nobody agrees with me about this, but I actually really like the bridesmaids' dresses. A little too "sparkly" for me to use them in my own wedding, but I do think they're pretty.

I agree with you, I like the bridesmaids dresses. :)

Were the British royal family represented at the weddding?

Back
Top Bottom