HRH Prince Filip of Serbia and Danica Marinkovic - 07 October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Its not that its simple. I prefer simple over the overly laced dresses of so many royal brides. It is the fact it looks like a bath robe with an over sized belt, and looks to be about two sizes too big.

Its not that its simple. I prefer simple over the overly laced dresses of so many royal brides. It is the fact it looks like a bath robe with an over sized belt, and looks to be about two sizes too big.

Roksana Illick is the designer, and she is usually out there with her designs. I loved the originality of it -really, I did. However, I expected she would have something more artistic so to speak, being that she is a fashionista, and her father an artist. It feels as though Roksana just threw it together, as the engagement announcement, and wedding were so close together, and she may not have had enough time to put something nice and well fitted together.

I thought it was a great nod to Serbia that she chose a Serbian designer, but just not the right dress for such a beautiful young woman.

As an orthodox Christian, I found this dress to be perfect for a wedding within a church, and with His Holiness officiating. However, it is too baggy around the top, and at the waist. It was way too long as she had to always hold it up in order to walk. The sleeves were too big, and that bow was ginormous. It was weirdly tucked into the belt with on of the bows. It was too long as well.

Had the dress fitted better, it would have been a beautiful simple dress.

2 Questions :
Who is the blond Lady with long long Dress , the Bride's Mother ?

The bride's mother is wearing short green dress with fur around sleeves. The groom's mother Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganca is wearing long,long dress with gloves.

If you meant some other lady, please, describe what color of the dress, as there were many long dresses and in which picture as it may be easier to identify.

Who iw the lady with short dark hair wearing glasses and sitting next to Crown Prince Alexander.

The lady sitting next to CP Alexander is Mrs. Maja Gojkovic, President(Speaker) of the Serbian Parliament.

Last edited:
2 Questions :
Who iw the lady with short dark hair wearing glasses and sitting next to Crown Prince Alexander.
Thanks for answer MO

Not sure who the blonde is but not Danica's mother. Danica's mother is the dark haired lady in a short green skirt suit and brooch. There are photos with her and her husband with the couple, and one with her and Katharine.

The lady sitting next to Alexander is the president of Serbian parliament , Maja Gojkovic.

Last edited:
Is there a link?

The brief exchange with Prince Peter of Serbia occurs towards the beginning of this reportage:

Princess Doña Maria da Glória of Orléans-Braganza, Duchess de Segorbe, looked truly magnificent at this event; she was accompanied by her husband, her daughters, and her sister Cristina. Their cousin Prince João was also present.

Here we see the princess with her son at the wedding in 2004 of the now King Felipe VI of Spain: http://diariodeumamonarquista.tumbl...princesa-maria-da-glória-duquesa-de-segorbe-e

2 Questions :
Thanks for answer MO

The others already indicated both the mother of the bride and the mother of the groom (maybe you meant her?). As you are talking about a blond lady, you might also be thinking of the one in a red fishtail dress: she is crown princess Katherine's daughter ftom her first marriage and therefore a step-sister of the groom.

As I still think the dress was supposed to hide that the princess is already several months pregnant (hence the belt), it was probably hard to make it exactly fitting in addition to the bride probably not wanting it that way.

I would still like to see a backview as the parts at the back from her shoulders seemed to especially make the dress rather 'heavy' and the bride 'swimming' in her dress.

The lady sitting next to Alexander is the president of Serbia, Maja Gojkovic.

She is not President of Sebia, but HE President/Speaker of the Parliament of Serbia.

Here is the photo of some guests:

http://www.royalfamily.org/wp-content/uploads/2017/10/NR1_0192.jpg

From left to right:

1. Sir Desmond de Silva, ex husband of Princess Katarina of Serbia, daughter of Prince Tomislav and Princess Margerita of Baden.

2. Mrs. Victoria de Silva, daughter of Princess Katarina of Serbia, and granddaughter of Prince Tomislav and Princess Margerita of Baden.

3. HRH Prince Nikola of Serbia, son of Prince Tomislav and Princess Margarita of Baden.

4. Dr. Angeliki Andrews, daughter in law of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

5. David Andrews, son of of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

6. Alexander Andrews, grandson of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

7. HRH Princess Anne d'Orleans, Duchess of Calabria, godmohter of the groom, Prince Filip.

8. HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden.

9. HE Duke Ignacio de Medina of Segorbe, stepfather of the groom, Prince Filip.

10. HRH Prince Guillaume of Luxembourg.

11. HRH Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans-Braganca, Duchess of Segorbe, mother of the groom, Prince Filip.

12. HM Queen Sofia of Spain.

13. HRH Prince Filip of Serbia, the groom.

14. HRH Princess Dana of Serbia, the bride.

15. HRH Crown Prince Alexander of Serbia, father of the groom, Prince Filip.

16. HRH Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia, stepmother of the groom, Prince Filip.

17. HRH Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg.

18. HRH Prince Alexander of Serbia, twin brother of the groom, Prince Filip.

19. Michael, son of Allison Andrews and grandson of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

20. Allison Andrews, daughter of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

21. Mrs Beba Marinkovic, mother of the bride, Princess Dana.

22. Mr Cile Marinkovic, father of the bride, Princess Dana.

23. HE Countess Ana Luna de Medina of Ricla, half-sister of the groom, Prince Filip.

24. HE Countess Sol Maria de la Blanca of Ampurias, half-sister of the groom, Prince Filip.

25. Mrs. Betty Roumeliotis, the sister of Crown Princess Katherine of Serbia.

Thanks, Marc 23! Quite bizar that Philip's older brother Peter (his best man!) is missing on this family picture; as if he was needed to take the picture...

And why would the groom's stepmother's sister need to be in the picture and not his aunt (princess Christina Maria; his mother's sister)? It is clear that the crown princess has managed to bring her own family up to the front as always. It seemed quite telling that prince Peter stessed that it was so great that his real mother and half-sisters were at the wedding.

Last edited:
Princess Doña Maria da Glória of Orléans-Braganza, Duchess de Segorbe, looked truly magnificent at this event; she was accompanied by her husband, her daughters, and her sister Cristina. Their cousin Prince João was also present.

Where have you seen Princess Maria Christina and Prince João?

Can't find any pictures of them. :-(

Thanks, Marc 23! Quite bizar that Philip's older brother Peter (his best man!) is missing on this family picture; as if he was needed to take the picture...

And why would the groom's stepmother's sister need to be in the picture and not his aunt (princess Christina Maria; his mother's sister)?

Ahhh, this family is almost everywhere. :-/

Few days ago President of Greece was in Belgrade. Based upon that royal official site announced:

"His Excellency President Pavlopoulos is the Godfather to Their Royal Highnesses son David and grandson Alexander."

So, David was proclaimed THEIR son, not just her son, while Prince Petar during his interview said that he is really happy that "his real mother" was here and his whole family together.

This says something.

There were rumors that CP Katherine demanded that Royal Council proclaim her children also royal and give them royal status, which was, of course, denied by the Royal Council.

I think the dress was so loose and shapless perhaps due to a pregnancy.

LaRae

Ahhh, this family is almost everywhere. :-/

Few days ago President of Greece was in Belgrade. Based upon that royal official site announced:

"His Excellency President Pavlopoulos is the Godfather to Their Royal Highnesses son David and grandson Alexander."

So, David was proclaimed THEIR son, not just her son, while Prince Petar during his interview said that he is really happy that "his real mother" was here and his whole family together.

This says something.

There were rumors that CP Katherine demanded that Royal Council proclaim her children also royal and give them royal status, which was, of course, denied by the Royal Council.
Glad that they at least denied that but on Philip's wedding day, they were at least declared part of the royal family while Philip's younger sisters got no mention at all (his mother was mentiones as coming from Spain)!

Their Royal Highnesses Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine and everyone were especially delighted that Her Majesty Queen Sophia of Spain and Her Royal Highness Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden came especially for the wedding. The mother of the groom Her Royal Highness Princess Maria da Gloria of Orleans and Bragança, Duchess of Segorbe and her husband His Grace the Duke of Segorbe come from Spain.

(...)

The Royal Wedding in Belgrade was attended by the Royal family – TRH Crown Prince Alexander and Crown Princess Katherine, Their Royal Highnesses’ children Prince Peter, Prince Alexander, Alison and David, Alison’s son Michael, David’s spouse Dr. Angeliki Andrews Margariti and their son Alexander, HRH Princess Linda Karadjordjevic, TRH Prince Mihailo and Princess Ljubica, HRH Princess Elizabeth of Yugoslavia, TRH Prince Serge and Princess Eleonore Karadjordjevic, HRH Prince Nikola Karadjordjevic, a large number of the members of the European Royal Families: TRH Prince Guillaume and Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg, HH Prince Amyn Aga Khan, HH Princess Jeet Nabha Khemka and Mr Nand

Wouldn't have called the number of other foreign royal houses 'large' either; and quite striking that the other royal houses from the region were not represented.

Marc23,
thank you. it's really very usefull list

Her name is Danica
HRH PRINCESS DANICA | The Royal Family of Serbia

Officially, yes. The groom himself calls her Dana.
“Danica and I thank you all for being with us on the most beautiful day of our lives so far. We are so happy to share the joy of this moment with you. We thank our parents for organizing this magnificent celebration for us here at the White palace. And above all, thank you Dana for all your love and making for making me the happiest man in the world”, said Prince Philip in his address.

Wouldn't have called the number of other foreign royal houses 'large' either; and quite striking that the other royal houses from the region were not represented.

I agree, but don't know who was invited and why they couldn't come.

Glad that they at least denied that but on Philip's wedding day, they were at least declared part of the royal family while Philip's younger sisters got no mention at all (his mother was mentiones as coming from Spain)!

Well, I already mentioned that she is in charge of everything.

The guy who was organizing funeral of King Peter II in Oplenac was being rebuffed because CP Katherine demanded that he does order of precedence based on royal rules.

So, based on royal rules he didn't put her family in the first row and she shouted at him how he could have done such thing and he explained that she demanded by royal rules, so she ordered him to put them in the first row, with other royals, which also explains this "wedding thing" and why we always see them in the first row everywhere.

Last edited:
Of course, I know, but Dana is what she likes being called and how she calls herself.

But it doesn't mean that other people can call her so. Short form of a name is for family and friends, not for general public.

Last edited:
But it doesn't mean that other people can call her so. Short form of a name is for family and friends, no for general public.

I know her in private and have been a guest at the wedding, so don't worry. Nobody will be offended. ;)

I know her in private and have been a guest at the wedding, so don't worry. Nobody will be offended. ;)

Ok, she is Dana for you in real life, but she is Danica for Marc23 and other members of this forum. Simple.

Some video show me the real HRH Princess Katherine , the Boss !
Prince Peter spoke about his real Mother and so happy to have the family to gether with his Sisters.

The entrance in the Church was chaotic:
First : Crown Prince Alexander and Queen Sofia , correct
Second : Crown Princess Victoria and the Groom !! waiting ?
The bride with is Father waiting ?? and Victoria entered the Church alone
Then Katherine came with Allison her daughter with blond hair and a red long dress! and David her son.
Then the Duke of Segorbe with Princess Anne de France , correct
Then arrived the Royal Duchess of Segorbe, perfect Dress and jewels.
When started entering the Church with the Groom her Son Phlipp ,a car stopped and Junior Royals Guillaume and Sybille from Luxembourg entrered the Church
and
finaly the bride with his Father. Amen

Last edited:
Ok, she is Dana for you in real life, but she is Danica for Marc23 and other members of this forum. Simple.

Stand corrected :) Like I hate when Kate is called Kate and not Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge ;)

Really does it matter :ermm: We know who we are talking about. As long as we aren't calling them something rude or made up like De. Its personal preference. Just like Kate vs Catherine. Like Kate, we do know Dana is an accepted nickname by Danica herself. It seems pointless to debate.

Really does it matter :ermm: We know who we are talking about. As long as we aren't calling them something rude or made up like De. Its personal preference. Just like Kate vs Catherine. Like Kate, we do know Dana is an accepted nickname by Danica herself. It seems pointless to debate.

It's rude to call people by nicknames if they ask to call them by their full names. Official websites indicate that there are Catherine and Danica, not Kate and Dana.
They are royals and use full names, their nicknames are for their private life.

Victoria with guests
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaAVi4vFcsn/?tagged=kronprinsessanvictoria
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_WV41Bej1/?taken-at=213282173
Queen Sofia
https://www.instagram.com/p/BaAQo3oHnCH/?taken-at=213282173
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_dQWlFq1j/?taken-at=213282173
Queen Sofia and crown prince Alexander
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_6eJLhr1c/?taken-at=213282173

https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_kz2fh2Ir/?taken-at=213282173
https://www.instagram.com/p/BZ_icmaBmQA/?taken-at=213282173

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department of the swedish royal court, said to Svensk Damtidning about Victoria attending the wedding:
- The Crown Princess represented the royal family. The families have had good relationships for a long time and meet at various festive occasions.
Victoria på bröllop i Serbien _ Svensk Damtidning

Last edited by a moderator:
Back
Top Bottom