HRH Prince Filip of Serbia and Danica Marinkovic - 07 October 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I wonder if the bride knew CP Victoria before she met her husband, or after. They must be extremely close friends.

I wonder if the bride knew CP Victoria before she met her husband, or after. They must be extremely close friends.
Since being a Kuma basically makes you the godmother/aunt/sister of the bridal couple and their children for life it's a bit surprising if she didn't know them well beforehand.

Last edited:
Such a lot of young Ladies guests I saw in life, great dresses and jewels, a lot of models or rich wifes. Many husbands or partners were not that handsome.
Did the dinner really start à one 1 am clock in the morning ?.

It's rude to call people by nicknames if they ask to call them by their full names. Official websites indicate that there are Catherine and Danica, not Kate and Dana.
They are royals and use full names, their nicknames are for their private life.

I agree with you.

The last (bottom link) shows the back of her dress. It looks like there is an upside down "V" shape, that makes the train? It looks like she has air blowing beneath her gown.

Does anyone else see it?

Yes, I see what you mean. Having sewn all my life I would just say that this dress was not easy to create and hold it's shapes (including this hump in the back) successfully over many hours. So it is amazing in it's construction. Did anyone read about the fabric?

But, alas, not flattering. And now, when someone says "bow wedding gown" I will be thinking Serbia, not the Netherlands

I'm not so sure about them being extremely close friends. I assume Victoria has known the groom for a long time (but don't remember him attending her wedding!). The more logical explanation to me seems that they (i.e., the royal family, not necessarily the couple) liked to have a crown prince and a crown princess as patron and matron of the wedding.

Prince Nikola of Serbia
Prince Mihailo and Princess Ljubica of Serbia
Prince Sergio and Princess Eleonore of Serbia
Sir Desmond de Silva
Victoria de Silva
Princess Elizabeth of Serbia
Princess Linda of Serbia
Princess Anne d'Orleans, Duchess of Calabria
Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein
Duke Ignacio Medina y Fernández de Córdoba of Sergorbe
Countess Sol de Medina of Ampurias
Countess Ana Luna de Medina of Ricla
Prince Amyn Aga Khan
Princess Jeet Nabha Khemka

Just to add:

Prince João Henrique de Orléans-Bragança
Princess Adelaide d'Orleans
Princess Maria Christina Sapieha-Rozanska,nee Princess de Orléans-Bragança

Last edited:
It is really refreshing to see them all together.

Here in Serbia, we don't see quite often their mother and sisters, let alone all of them together at one place.

Prince Nikola of Serbia
Prince Mihailo of Serbia
Princess Ljubica of Serbia
Prince Sergio of Serbia
Princess Eleonore of Serbia
Sir Desmond de Silva
Victoria de Silva
Princess Elizabeth of Serbia
Princess Linda of Serbia
Princess Anne d'Orleans, Duchess of Calabria
Princess Isabelle von und zu Liechtenstein
Duke Ignacio Medina y Fernández de Córdoba of Sergorbe
Countess Sol de Medina of Ampurias
Countess Ana Luna de Medina of Ricla
Prince Amyn Aga Khan
Princess Jeet Nabha Khemka
Prince João Henrique de Orléans-Bragança
Princess Adelaide d'Orleans
Princess Maria Christina Sapieha-Rozanska,nee Princess de Orléans-Bragança

According to Point de Vue some more royal/noble guests were present:

Markgraf Maximilian von Baden
Markräfin Valerie, nee Archduchess of Austria-Tuscany
Count Louis von Looz und Corswarem
Countess Maria Christina von Looz und Coorswarem, nee Ruiz de Oceja y Silva, grand-niece of the late Queen Fabiola of Belgium.
Alfonso Diez, Duke widower of Alba
Pierre-Louis Dailly, husband of Princess Adelaide d'Orleans.

Last edited:
Beautiful wedding video of Prince Filip and Princess Danica:

https://vimeo.com/238269740

Many interesting scenes including palace interior, bird view of the both royal palaces, beautiful crypt in family mausoleum in Oplenac as well as wedding guests.

Last edited:
Beautiful wedding video of Prince Filip and Princess Danica:

https://vimeo.com/238269740

Many interesting scenes including palace interior, bird view of the both royal palaces, beautiful crypt in family mausoleum in Oplenac as well as wedding guests.

Beautiful! Sweet video. Does anyone know her dress length? It almost looks as though her train was the same length or just slightly longer than that of the Duchess of Cambridge.

:previous:
Absolutely a very beautiful video and the bride was stunning. May they have joy, love and peace for many decades to come.

The brief exchange with Prince Peter of Serbia occurs towards the beginning of this reportage:

[/url]

This video is very interesting. I enjoyed seeing Prince Petar speaking. I think this is the only video where we can see Prince Petar speaking.

Another wedding video:

Back
Top Bottom