The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 10-08-2017, 03:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Somebody View Post
Glad that they at least denied that but on Philip's wedding day, they were at least declared part of the royal family while Philip's younger sisters got no mention at all (his mother was mentiones as coming from Spain)!
Well, I already mentioned that she is in charge of everything.

The guy who was organizing funeral of King Peter II in Oplenac was being rebuffed because CP Katherine demanded that he does order of precedence based on royal rules.

So, based on royal rules he didn't put her family in the first row and she shouted at him how he could have done such thing and he explained that she demanded by royal rules, so she ordered him to put them in the first row, with other royals, which also explains this "wedding thing" and why we always see them in the first row everywhere.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:10 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marc23 View Post
Of course, I know, but Dana is what she likes being called and how she calls herself.
But it doesn't mean that other people can call her so. Short form of a name is for family and friends, not for general public.

Old 10-08-2017, 04:14 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spheno View Post
But it doesn't mean that other people can call her so. Short form of a name is for family and friends, no for general public.
I know her in private and have been a guest at the wedding, so don't worry. Nobody will be offended.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:30 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
I know her in private and have been a guest at the wedding, so don't worry. Nobody will be offended.
Ok, she is Dana for you in real life, but she is Danica for Marc23 and other members of this forum. Simple.
Old 10-08-2017, 04:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Some video show me the real HRH Princess Katherine , the Boss !
Prince Peter spoke about his real Mother and so happy to have the family to gether with his Sisters.

The entrance in the Church was chaotic:
First : Crown Prince Alexander and Queen Sofia , correct
Second : Crown Princess Victoria and the Groom !! waiting ?
The bride with is Father waiting ?? and Victoria entered the Church alone
Then Katherine came with Allison her daughter with blond hair and a red long dress! and David her son.
Then the Duke of Segorbe with Princess Anne de France , correct
Then arrived the Royal Duchess of Segorbe, perfect Dress and jewels.
When started entering the Church with the Groom her Son Phlipp ,a car stopped and Junior Royals Guillaume and Sybille from Luxembourg entrered the Church
and
finaly the bride with his Father. Amen
Old 10-08-2017, 04:45 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Ok, she is Dana for you in real life, but she is Danica for Marc23 and other members of this forum. Simple.
Stand corrected :-) Like I hate when Kate is called Kate and not Catherine, Duchess of Cambridge
Old 10-08-2017, 04:50 PM
Majesty

Really does it matter We know who we are talking about. As long as we aren't calling them something rude or made up like De. Its personal preference. Just like Kate vs Catherine. Like Kate, we do know Dana is an accepted nickname by Danica herself. It seems pointless to debate.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:11 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Countessmeout View Post
Really does it matter We know who we are talking about. As long as we aren't calling them something rude or made up like De. Its personal preference. Just like Kate vs Catherine. Like Kate, we do know Dana is an accepted nickname by Danica herself. It seems pointless to debate.
It's rude to call people by nicknames if they ask to call them by their full names. Official websites indicate that there are Catherine and Danica, not Kate and Dana.
They are royals and use full names, their nicknames are for their private life.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:12 PM
Serene Highness

Some more guests:

Prince Joao Henrique de Orleans-Braganza:

https://postimg.org/image/4vsvjpj30b/

Princess Adelaide d'Orleans in front of Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg.

https://postimg.org/image/1cwgm8qt6j/
Old 10-09-2017, 12:04 AM
Royal Highness

The last (bottom link) shows the back of her dress. It looks like there is an upside down "V" shape, that makes the train? It looks like she has air blowing beneath her gown.

Does anyone else see it?
Old 10-09-2017, 12:06 AM
Royal Highness

I wonder if the bride knew CP Victoria before she met her husband, or after. They must be extremely close friends.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:52 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by USCtrojan View Post
I wonder if the bride knew CP Victoria before she met her husband, or after. They must be extremely close friends.
Since being a Kuma basically makes you the godmother/aunt/sister of the bridal couple and their children for life it's a bit surprising if she didn't know them well beforehand.
Old 10-09-2017, 01:55 AM
Serene Highness

Lovely bride
Old 10-09-2017, 06:31 AM
Heir Apparent

Such a lot of young Ladies guests I saw in life, great dresses and jewels, a lot of models or rich wifes. Many husbands or partners were not that handsome.
Did the dinner really start à one 1 am clock in the morning ?.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:44 AM
Majesty

Quote:
It's rude to call people by nicknames if they ask to call them by their full names. Official websites indicate that there are Catherine and Danica, not Kate and Dana.
They are royals and use full names, their nicknames are for their private life.
I agree with you.
Old 10-09-2017, 06:53 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
The last (bottom link) shows the back of her dress. It looks like there is an upside down "V" shape, that makes the train? It looks like she has air blowing beneath her gown.

Does anyone else see it?
Yes, I see what you mean. Having sewn all my life I would just say that this dress was not easy to create and hold it's shapes (including this hump in the back) successfully over many hours. So it is amazing in it's construction. Did anyone read about the fabric?

But, alas, not flattering. And now, when someone says "bow wedding gown" I will be thinking Serbia, not the Netherlands
Old 10-09-2017, 09:15 AM
Nobility

Quote:
I'm not so sure about them being extremely close friends. I assume Victoria has known the groom for a long time (but don't remember him attending her wedding!). The more logical explanation to me seems that they (i.e., the royal family, not necessarily the couple) liked to have a crown prince and a crown princess as patron and matron of the wedding.
Old 10-09-2017, 10:35 AM
Imperial Majesty

Margareta Thorgren, the director of the press department of the swedish royal court, said to Svensk Damtidning about Victoria attending the wedding:
- The Crown Princess represented the royal family. The families have had good relationships for a long time and meet at various festive occasions.
Victoria på bröllop i Serbien _ Svensk Damtidning
Old 10-09-2017, 12:15 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Prince Nikola of Serbia
Prince Mihailo and Princess Ljubica of Serbia
Prince Sergio and Princess Eleonore of Serbia
Sir Desmond de Silva
Victoria de Silva
Princess Elizabeth of Serbia
Princess Linda of Serbia