HRH Prince Charles-Philippe d'Orléans and Diana, Duchess of Cadaval, 21 June 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Point De Vue has them on the cover with extensive reportage. Can't wait till it gets here!

, for crying out loud! And all of the sisters? Helene, Diane, Anne, etc.?
And the Duchess of Castro (Calabria?) - I think that her name is Camille -
Her gown Friday night was so ugly and the outfit which she wore to the wedding!!! Was she serious!!?? Unbelievably atrocious - what was she thinking?
The Duchess is a beautiful woman but she has a strange taste. Her clothes and hats are always a bit "over the top" She would look so much better if she toned it down a bit. Even in a bathing suit she is still looks "too" made up.

A miracle ! A Point de Vue cover about the French family, it reminds me of the good old days !

A miracle ! A Point de Vue cover about the French family, it reminds me of the good old days !

It certainly does. My problem is that usually when there is something of interest like this we usually don´t get our copies in Portugal. For example when Sarkozy and Carla Bruni visited the Queen I was looking forward to seeing the photos, nothing, my newsagent just didn´t get any copies at all. I have my fingers crossed but I am afraid I feel very pessimistic.
It was good to see the photos on this thread though so I won´t miss out completely.

Charles lost a LOT of weight for this wedding...Diana's gown was simple and pretty, her veil and tiara stunning! I especally loved the way she was able to change her entire look for the reception simply by removing the top part of her gown and detaching the train and veil...GORGEOUS. This gown will definitely stand the test of time, and her hair was magnificent.

The Duchess of Calabria's outfit was unfortunate, to put it mildly...Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis looks so matronly now that I hardly recognize her anymore.

To everyone who contributed these gorgeous photos...THANK YOU VERY MUCH on behalf of people like me who were so excited about this wedding and couldn't wait to see the photos!!

By the way..does anyone know what Diana's new title is? And where she and Charles are honeymooning?

Last edited:
Diana's Wealth

Is diana well off? Does she have a full time job or is she a rich heiress whose lot was to marry "well"?

Thank you for all the information you have very kindly provided to us.

Thanks

Is diana well off? Does she have a full time job or is she a rich heiress whose lot was to marry "well"?

Thank you for all the information you have very kindly provided to us.

Thanks

Diana studied in Paris at the American University (International Communications Studies). She manages the Palace of Cadaval, in Évora, and also the Herdade (larg farm) de Muge (Wine production).

Mais oui oui...... I have it up to here with the Sarkozy ex and present clan but they seem to not give a hoot about it. Hopefully with the wedding of Princess Astrid's daughter we will have some more royal coverage....Hurrah!!!!!

Tomorrow, Caras magazine is releasing its special issue about the wedding. See the cover here:
Beautiful photos! Thanks Elsa

Last edited by a moderator:
Mais oui oui...... I have it up to here with the Sarkozy ex and present clan but they seem to not give a hoot about it. Hopefully with the wedding of Princess Astrid's daughter we will have some more royal coverage....Hurrah!!!!!

What...is one of Princess Astrid's daughter's getting married? Which one...the sheltered and pretty Maria Laura?

I agree with you. I am so disgusted with Point de Vue and their Sarkozy fixation that I have decided to cancel my subscription. It's the same as reading Hello! only it's in French.

What...is one of Princess Astrid's daughter's getting married? Which one...the sheltered and pretty Maria Laura?

I agree with you. I am so disgusted with Point de Vue and their Sarkozy fixation that I have decided to cancel my subscription. It's the same as reading Hello! only it's in French.

Isn't it the daughter of Princess MARIE Astrid whose name is Marie Christine
getting married in December 2008?

Okay...THAT would make more sense if it was Marie-Astrid's daughter and not Astrid's...the two women are first cousins, but Astrid's children are still just a tad bit young for marriage right now.

Princess Astrid of Luxenbourg who married GD Carl is the mother of the bride to be. She is the sister of GD Henri of Luxenbourg. Perhaps you are thinking of Princess Astrid of Belgium who is the first cousin of the mother to be.
They were both named after their grandmother Astrid of Sweden who was killed in a car accident.........

Rather than taking this thread off-topic, discussion of Archduchess Marie-Christine's forthcoming marriage should be done in the Habsburg subforum.

I bought Point de Vue yesterday, they have some very nice pictures that I haven't seen online yet, among them Diana fitting her dress and also of the lunch after the wedding. The dress looks 10 times better on printed paper than on the pictures I saw on the internet btw.

Now some additional guests:
-Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies and her daughter Princess Catherine Napoléon
- Duke Pierre of Aremberg and his wife Duchess Silvia (née Countess de Castellane)
- The Duchess of Segorbe, née Princess Gloria of Brazil (ex-wife of the Crown Prince of Yugoslavia) and her daughters Luna and Sol de Medina
- Prince Philip-Erasmus and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein
- Count Vincenz and Countess Katharina of Schonborn

Last edited:
Oh Marengo I am so happy they have more information and photos. I cannot wait! It usually takes a month for PDV to arrive here. Do they have any more info about the guests? I read on line that the Italian cousins were there as well. (Bianca of Aosta) Where are they gone for their honeymoon?

IMO, the most elegant ladies at the wedding were

Countess of Montarco, Teresa Gouveia and Teresa de Lavradio

From the pre-wedding ball, the most elegant award should go to Teresa de Lavradio again. If there is a Portuguese lady who is Always well dressed it's her.

http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7964/scan0013wy7.jpg
http://img73.imageshack.us/img73/7964/scan0013wy7.jpg

I was wondering who is the Viscondessa of Maiorca, would her title mean that she is the viscountess of Mallorca, Spain?

Diana studied in Paris at the American University (International Communications Studies). She manages the Palace of Cadaval, in Évora, and also the Herdade (larg farm) de Muge (Wine production).

She has also worked for Christie's in London, as she said in her last interview to Hola magazine, before the wedding.

Some additional details advanced by Caras:

- During the wedding ceremony, a symbolic candle was lightened in memory of the late Duke of Cadaval, D. Jaime.

- Before the wedding banquet was served at the Cadaval Ducal Palace, a more informal reception was provided at the Pousada dos Lóios.

- The bride's gown was inspired by the style of the 18th century court of Versailles, particularly by this painting of Jean Antoine Watteau:
L'Enseigne de Gersaint (1720).

- Diana's shoes were made by Christian Louboutin.

- The wedding cake was made by the chef of the Palácio Estoril Hotel and the glace top included the arms of both families, Orléans and Cadaval.

- Before cutting the cake, the groom thanked Duchess Claudine for making possible the wedding of their dreams.

- The couple is going to live in Estoril, near the house of Duchess Claudine.

- Charles-Philippe will continue working as a flying consultant and Diana as manager of the Cadaval estates.

- The couple had a very short honeymoon, since Diana has to organize the Évora Classic Festival.

Awesome pics, thanks for the work!
I think Diana's dress is very pretty and her hairstyle too
However, they look radiant and happy ;)

Back
Top Bottom