The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-24-2008, 08:34 AM
Heir Presumptive

Point De Vue has them on the cover with extensive reportage. Can't wait till it gets here!

Old 06-24-2008, 08:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
, for crying out loud! And all of the sisters? Helene, Diane, Anne, etc.?
And the Duchess of Castro (Calabria?) - I think that her name is Camille -
Her gown Friday night was so ugly and the outfit which she wore to the wedding!!! Was she serious!!?? Unbelievably atrocious - what was she thinking?
The Duchess is a beautiful woman but she has a strange taste. Her clothes and hats are always a bit "over the top" She would look so much better if she toned it down a bit. Even in a bathing suit she is still looks "too" made up.

Old 06-24-2008, 10:40 AM
Heir Presumptive

A miracle ! A Point de Vue cover about the French family, it reminds me of the good old days !
Old 06-24-2008, 11:48 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post
A miracle ! A Point de Vue cover about the French family, it reminds me of the good old days !
It certainly does. My problem is that usually when there is something of interest like this we usually don´t get our copies in Portugal. For example when Sarkozy and Carla Bruni visited the Queen I was looking forward to seeing the photos, nothing, my newsagent just didn´t get any copies at all. I have my fingers crossed but I am afraid I feel very pessimistic.
It was good to see the photos on this thread though so I won´t miss out completely.
Old 06-24-2008, 12:05 PM
Heir Apparent

Charles lost a LOT of weight for this wedding...Diana's gown was simple and pretty, her veil and tiara stunning! I especally loved the way she was able to change her entire look for the reception simply by removing the top part of her gown and detaching the train and veil...GORGEOUS. This gown will definitely stand the test of time, and her hair was magnificent.

The Duchess of Calabria's outfit was unfortunate, to put it mildly...Princess Gloria von Thurn und Taxis looks so matronly now that I hardly recognize her anymore.

To everyone who contributed these gorgeous photos...THANK YOU VERY MUCH on behalf of people like me who were so excited about this wedding and couldn't wait to see the photos!!

By the way..does anyone know what Diana's new title is? And where she and Charles are honeymooning?
Old 06-24-2008, 03:33 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Tomorrow, Caras magazine is releasing its special issue about the wedding. See the cover here:

Edição 672

Some slideshows:

Elegância e sofisticação no baile de gala que antecedeu o casamento

Casamento de Diana de Cadaval e Charles Philippe de Orléans

Desfile de elegância no casamento de Diana de Cadaval e Charles Philippe de Orléans

And a few of the articles that are to be published:

Especial Casamento de Diana de Cadaval e Charles Philippe de Orléans

More photos can be seen here:

PHOTOS : Stéphane Bern, paparazzo au mariage du duc d'Anjou et de la duchesse de Cadaval !
Old 06-24-2008, 04:15 PM
Commoner

Diana's Wealth

Is diana well off? Does she have a full time job or is she a rich heiress whose lot was to marry "well"?

Thank you for all the information you have very kindly provided to us.

Thanks
Old 06-25-2008, 04:43 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by yolandenanji View Post
Is diana well off? Does she have a full time job or is she a rich heiress whose lot was to marry "well"?

Thank you for all the information you have very kindly provided to us.

Thanks
Diana studied in Paris at the American University (International Communications Studies). She manages the Palace of Cadaval, in Évora, and also the Herdade (larg farm) de Muge (Wine production).
Old 06-25-2008, 04:04 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
I am still waiting to see S.Bern's picture of Pr.Michael of Kent
Old 06-25-2008, 04:20 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by rominet09 View Post

Mais oui oui...... I have it up to here with the Sarkozy ex and present clan but they seem to not give a hoot about it. Hopefully with the wedding of Princess Astrid's daughter we will have some more royal coverage....Hurrah!!!!!
Old 06-25-2008, 04:24 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Tomorrow, Caras magazine is releasing its special issue about the wedding. See the cover here:
Beautiful photos! Thanks Elsa
Old 06-25-2008, 06:15 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
Mais oui oui...... I have it up to here with the Sarkozy ex and present clan but they seem to not give a hoot about it. Hopefully with the wedding of Princess Astrid's daughter we will have some more royal coverage....Hurrah!!!!!

What...is one of Princess Astrid's daughter's getting married? Which one...the sheltered and pretty Maria Laura?

I agree with you. I am so disgusted with Point de Vue and their Sarkozy fixation that I have decided to cancel my subscription. It's the same as reading Hello! only it's in French.
Old 06-25-2008, 07:01 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
What...is one of Princess Astrid's daughter's getting married? Which one...the sheltered and pretty Maria Laura?

I agree with you. I am so disgusted with Point de Vue and their Sarkozy fixation that I have decided to cancel my subscription. It's the same as reading Hello! only it's in French.
Isn't it the daughter of Princess MARIE Astrid whose name is Marie Christine
getting married in December 2008?
Old 06-25-2008, 08:32 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:

Okay...THAT would make more sense if it was Marie-Astrid's daughter and not Astrid's...the two women are first cousins, but Astrid's children are still just a tad bit young for marriage right now.
Old 06-25-2008, 09:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Princess Astrid of Luxenbourg who married GD Carl is the mother of the bride to be. She is the sister of GD Henri of Luxenbourg. Perhaps you are thinking of Princess Astrid of Belgium who is the first cousin of the mother to be.
They were both named after their grandmother Astrid of Sweden who was killed in a car accident.........
Old 06-26-2008, 07:02 AM
Administrator

Rather than taking this thread off-topic, discussion of Archduchess Marie-Christine's forthcoming marriage should be done in the Habsburg subforum.
Old 06-28-2008, 04:56 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I bought Point de Vue yesterday, they have some very nice pictures that I haven't seen online yet, among them Diana fitting her dress and also of the lunch after the wedding. The dress looks 10 times better on printed paper than on the pictures I saw on the internet btw.

Now some additional guests:
-Princess Beatrice of the Two Sicilies and her daughter Princess Catherine Napoléon
- Duke Pierre of Aremberg and his wife Duchess Silvia (née Countess de Castellane)
- The Duchess of Segorbe, née Princess Gloria of Brazil (ex-wife of the Crown Prince of Yugoslavia) and her daughters Luna and Sol de Medina
- Prince Philip-Erasmus and Princess Isabelle of Liechtenstein
- Count Vincenz and Countess Katharina of Schonborn
Old 06-28-2008, 07:06 AM
Heir Presumptive

Oh Marengo I am so happy they have more information and photos. I cannot wait! It usually takes a month for PDV to arrive here. Do they have any more info about the guests? I read on line that the Italian cousins were there as well. (Bianca of Aosta) Where are they gone for their honeymoon?
Old 06-29-2008, 06:42 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

IMO, the most elegant ladies at the wedding were

Countess of Montarco, Teresa Gouveia and Teresa de Lavradio

From the pre-wedding ball, the most elegant award should go to Teresa de Lavradio again. If there is a Portuguese lady who is Always well dressed it's her.