The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-22-2008, 03:51 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Caras magazine will have a special number about this event, I hope they give more pictures and small interviews with the couple, families and guests.
Regina, do you know when will that extra number be out there... I suppose it will be before the next issue is published.

Old 06-22-2008, 04:51 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post
Regina, do you know when will that extra number be out there... I suppose it will be before the next issue is published.
About the extra number, read here (two last posts)

Caras is out on Wednesday so yes, I suppose the special number will be out there tomorrow. Hopefully, it will.

Old 06-22-2008, 05:17 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elsa M. View Post

BTW, on another note, it seems D. Henrique de Bragança is done with his "girlfriend", since he appears on photos alone with his brother D. Miguel and Infanta Pilar of Spain.

It would be rather a faux-pas of Dowager Duchess Claudine to invite D.Henrique's special friend to an event attended by TRH the Duke and Duchess of Bragança.

It is well known what BOTH think of the lady
Old 06-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Who was the special friend again? Lili Caneças, right?

I agree, the dowager duchess does not look her best, esp. the sleeveless dress at the pre-wedding event were not flattering her shape, which was very visible on the picture where she posed with the mother of CP, Princess Beatrice d' Orleans. Anyway, I suppose Claudine couldn't care less, her daughter is happily married, strengthening her stolen title and no Rosalinda in sight .
Old 06-22-2008, 06:16 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by JSP View Post
It would be rather a faux-pas of Dowager Duchess Claudine to invite D.Henrique's special friend to an event attended by TRH the Duke and Duchess of Bragança.
I don't see them together for a long time. I agree it would not be a smart idea to invite Isabel Nogueira to this wedding. Not only because D. Duarte dislike this friendship but also because she never was a friend of Claudine's family and she is not D. Henrique's official fiancée, but only a special friend.
Old 06-22-2008, 06:20 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
Who was the special friend again? Lili Caneças, right? i

No, Marengo. Lili is now the special friend of a very young man. I think Elsa and JSP are talking about Isabel Nogueira.

Quote:
I agree, the dowager duchess does not look her best, esp. the sleeveless dress at the pre-wedding event were not flattering her shape, which was very visible on the picture where she posed with the mother of CP, Princess Beatrice d' Orleans. Anyway, I suppose Claudine couldn't care less, her daughter is happily married, strengthening her stolen title and no Rosalinda in sight .
I loved this wedding and I love this couple but somehow I feel a bit sorry for Rosalinda. Maybe she could have been invited by Diana... but then again, she wouldn't accept the invitation I guess. In the last Hola magazine, Diana was asked "do you have brothers or sisters?" and she said "I have a sister, Alexandra". This means she doesnt consider Rosalinda and his half brother as her siblings :(

Anyway, this is a topic for another thread, sorry
Old 06-22-2008, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive

Thumbs down

Quote:
A picture from the Portuguese magazine Caras here. And read the article here.

From what I could see from the small pictures of isifa it seems that Infanta Pilar attended the wedding too, as a Marrocan prince. Also: the count and countess of Paris, Princess Teresa of Brazil, the duke and duchess of Bragança, the duke and duchess of Angouleme, prince Kardam and princess Myriam of Bulgaria, princesses Gloria, Elisabeth and Maria Theresa of Thurn und Taxis, the duke of Vendome, the duke and duchess of Castro (!) and Princess Chantal of France with baron Sambucy de Sorgue.

I didn't recognise any Württemberg or Calabria relatives though.
So far I only saw Princess Chantal with her husband and one of her sons with the groom.
C. D'Euvreux smashing as always but Mmme Crepy must have ran out of fabric.....

The bride was beautiful. Beautiful pictures.
Old 06-22-2008, 07:27 PM
Nobility

This is funny, Charles and Diana.
Beautiful gown! How long was the train?
Old 06-22-2008, 07:40 PM
Serene Highness

I have to say, I don't like the bride's choice of dress. It is VERY plain. I think the sleeve is an unflattering cut and length. I love the full veil. Very traditional.

Her eyes are so bright and expressive. You can really see the love and excitement. How old is she?

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-22-2008, 08:21 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Well, the Duke and Duchess of Castro can be technically Charles and Camilla in English.

BTW, not really familiar with Portuguese royals. Who is Don Henrique's "special friend" and what is her story that would make the Duke and Duchess of Braganza dislike her?
Old 06-23-2008, 02:12 AM
Courtier

Wow! lovely wedding - the gown was really very simple -- hard to tell in the photos but the elbow length sleeves on the "jacket" worn over the sleeveless
gown were not a flattering length. I wish there had been a bit of lace or something on the gown to make it more interesting.
Fabulous hairdo on the bride - she looks like a young woman with such a sparkling personality - her ball dress for Friday night was magnificent.
Did Carolina Herrera design the outfits for the children also?
Guests: Where was the rest of the Orleans side of the family? Where was the Duc d'Orleans? He is the TWIN brother of Charles Philippe's father, for crying out loud! And all of the sisters? Helene, Diane, Anne, etc.?
And the Duchess of Castro (Calabria?) - I think that her name is Camille -
Her gown Friday night was so ugly and the outfit which she wore to the wedding!!! Was she serious!!?? Unbelievably atrocious - what was she thinking?
Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by blondie28 View Post
Diana is 29 years old.
Old 06-23-2008, 08:06 AM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Article about the Wedding - Hola
Old 06-23-2008, 08:36 AM
Nobility

I think her dress is timeless and elegant. Something that never goes out of fashion. She was a beautifull bride and i love that tiara.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:00 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Regina View Post
Diana is 29 years old.
That dress really aged her. She looked nice at the pre wedding ball.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-23-2008, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

I find strange that the official site of Prince Charles-Philippe doesnt present any picture or news of the Wedding...

I've talked to two friends and they think that Diana seems more in love than him. In fact, looking at the pictures, I dont see him so enthusiastic as she was, buy that's because he seems shy, IMO.
Old 06-23-2008, 03:38 PM
Serene Highness

There are pics of them on the website and their engagement. Maybe the site just hasn't been updated yet.

I see love in his eyes from the pics. They look good together even though I wouldn't call them "beautiful" they are certainly handsome.

Old 06-23-2008, 05:01 PM
Serene Highness
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by EmpressRouge View Post
Well, the Duke and Duchess of Castro can be technically Charles and Camilla in English.

BTW, not really familiar with Portuguese royals. Who is Don Henrique's "special friend" and what is her story that would make the Duke and Duchess of Braganza dislike her?
Empress, read this thread
Old 06-24-2008, 06:40 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Quote:
From what I could see from the small pictures of isifa it seems that Infanta Pilar attended the wedding too, as a Marrocan prince. Also: the count and countess of Paris, Princess Teresa of Brazil, the duke and duchess of Bragança, the duke and duchess of Angouleme, prince Kardam and princess Myriam of Bulgaria, princesses Gloria, Elisabeth and Maria Theresa of Thurn und Taxis, the duke of Vendome, the duke and duchess of Castro (!) and Princess Chantal of France with baron Sambucy de Sorgue.

I didn't recognise any Württemberg or Calabria relatives though.
Added to them:
AD Josef and ADss Maria of Austria
AD Simeon and ADss Maria of Austria (nee Bourbon-Two-Sicilies)
The duke of Viseu
The duke of Coimbra
Don Luis Medina (brother of the Duke of Feria)
Axel Sambucy de Sorgue
Princesses Clothilde and Adelaide d'Orleans

According to manuel and Jose on the FIRMB:
Princess Cristina of the Two Sicilies and husband
The Duke and Duchess of Noto

No Wurttembergs, no Limburg-Stirums, no Aosta's, no Schonborns, none of the branch of Prince Jaques and Gersende (duke and duchess of Orleans) and none of the de la Marche branch either.

-
Now did anybody see a picture of Prince Francois d'Orleans, brother of Charles-Phillipe? I don't think I ever saw one actually.
Old 06-24-2008, 07:30 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Article from Hello:

Two of Europe's most aristocratic clans unite as Duke of Anjou weds