The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-19-2008, 12:33 PM
Nobility

I think that the wedding gown was really very beautiful, but it wasn't for Marie Chantal. It would have looked better on an older or even less petite bride. That's an awful lot of fabric for someone of her stature.

Old 09-19-2008, 01:43 PM
Gentry

Who is the lady in the pink ballgown with the bows as sleaves ?

Old 09-20-2008, 08:18 AM
Gentry

maybe Queen Margrethe of Denmark?
Old 09-20-2008, 10:08 AM
Nobility

ImageShack - Hosting :: 29gv1.jpg (previously posted by mtbcm - scanned from Hola-magazine)
Yes, this is Queen Margrethe, with Prince Joachim and then-fiancee Alexandra Manley
The Queens gown is quite nice, without these horrible bows
Old 09-20-2008, 10:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

Queen Margrethe always goes for "over the top" ball gowns. Some are quite unique some are plain too busy. These bows were over the top. BTW Mr Miller opened the dance with Queen Margrethe the day of the wedding.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:28 PM
Heir Apparent

Wow! Queen Margarethe's dress was horrible. She looks like a cartoon character in it. The color was very beautiful on her, but those sleeves/bows are ridiculous.
Old 09-20-2008, 12:32 PM
Heir Presumptive

She was always "over the top" Actually up until the latest crop of newly minted princesses arrived, all the royal balls were a parade of "costume" liked gowns. There was no talk of fashion back then.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:23 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by sita780 View Post
I think in pictures it really looks like a cauliflower. Sorry if I am a bit rude to anybody's opinion... What I liked best was the lacy veil.
You sure hit the nail on the head with that one - it did look like a head of cauliflower!
MC's gown to me looked overwhelming to me - hot and heavy. It was a hot July day - a lighter fabric and design would have been better. I read that the wedding gown, veil, etc. cost @ $250,000.00 USD
MC looked like one of those dressed figures of the Madonna which one sees in big churches. All you can see is her face.
To me, Pavlos has always looked younger than his age - MC has always looked older than her age. Together, they are an unusual looking couple.
There is only about one phot shere Mrs. Miller is smiling - she always looks grumpy.
Old 09-20-2008, 01:42 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by pamk View Post
You sure hit the nail on the head with that one - it did look like a head of cauliflower!

I actually liked the bouquet of roses. It was not one of those cascading bouquets that go on forever. Cauliflower? LOL I never thought of it this way.

MC's gown to me looked overwhelming to me - hot and heavy. It was a hot July day - a lighter fabric and design would have been better. I read that the wedding gown, veil, etc. cost @ $250,000.00 USD

I had heard $100,000 plus the round trip private plane ride to Rome to have a final fit and fly the dress and Valentino from Rome to London.

MC looked like one of those dressed figures of the Madonna which one sees in big churches. All you can see is her face.
To me, Pavlos has always looked younger than his age - MC has always looked older than her age.

I always wondered if the ages given for the sisters were correct since I have the same impression.....Together, they are an unusual looking couple.
There is only about one phot shere Mrs. Miller is smiling - she always looks grumpy.
She is reputed to be a tough cookie as they say.....perhaps she is afraid to over stretch her skin. When she came on the scene she was a brunette now she turned blonde.....why not? She takes after her daughters, I suppose....
Old 09-28-2008, 09:08 AM
Royal Highness

MC is much more prettier now...she was just too thin back then.
Alexandra also wore Valentino and Mama Miller and Pia wore John Galliano.They were really elegant and chic,but in my opinion,Anna Maria was fabulous.She was shining!!
Old 05-09-2009, 01:03 PM
Heir Presumptive

I think her wedding dress is one of the more beautiful wedding dresses I have ever seen and the veil is spectacular
Old 05-15-2009, 09:37 AM
Nobility

I saw a photo of MC at her wedding day and her hair roots appear not to be dyed....

is there any chance that the photo is at fault?

http://www.geocities.com/marie_chant.../wed_stel1.jpg
Old 05-16-2009, 02:08 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by emmeleia View Post
I saw a photo of MC at her wedding day and her hair roots appear not to be dyed....

is there any chance that the photo is at fault?

http://www.geocities.com/marie_chant.../wed_stel1.jpg
It is the way the shade falls on this photo. On the photos of her engagement she was a light coloured brunette but as she ages she is getting more blonde.
Old 05-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Nobility

Both Marie Chantal and Valentino have such wonderful taste in fashion, but sadly this wedding dress was not the most "réussi," as the French would say -- at least IMHO. The bride, who is quite petite, was drowned in fabric. Also, the dress was a bit overworked -- a little too much going on -- which distracted the eye. By contrast, some of the couture pieces that she has worn (for example, as a guest at other royal or noble weddings) are quite elegant and beautiful.
Old 05-16-2009, 06:25 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Both Marie Chantal and Valentino have such wonderful taste in fashion, but sadly this wedding dress was not the most "réussi," as the French would say -- at least IMHO. The bride, who is quite petite, was drowned in fabric. Also, the dress was a bit overworked -- a little too much going on -- which distracted the eye. By contrast, some of the couture pieces that she has worn (for example, as a guest at other royal or noble weddings) are quite elegant and beautiful.
According to interviews MC gave, she said that she wanted something romantic. I am not a fan of hers but to be honest and give credit where credit is due the lady knows how to dress. I did not find the dress overworked. Of course it is only my opinion but as far as wedding dresses go it was more subdued than most of the others. I found it very elegant.
Old 05-16-2009, 07:44 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Odette View Post
According to interviews MC gave, she said that she wanted something romantic. I am not a fan of hers but to be honest and give credit where credit is due the lady knows how to dress. I did not find the dress overworked. Of course it is only my opinion but as far as wedding dresses go it was more subdued than most of the others. I found it very elegant.
Odette, I think that we largely agree... perhaps there is only a small difference of opinion. I thought that the dress was a tad complicated, but not off the charts. If the skirt had been plain and not embroidered, I would have liked it much better.

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of MC but think that she has excellent taste in clothes. Please note: I'm not the one saying that she looked like a cauliflower (see above), although that comment was creative and made me laugh, too!
Old 05-17-2009, 05:47 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by claypoint2 View Post
Odette, I think that we largely agree... perhaps there is only a small difference of opinion. I thought that the dress was a tad complicated, but not off the charts. If the skirt had been plain and not embroidered, I would have liked it much better.

Like you, I'm not a huge fan of MC but think that she has excellent taste in clothes. Please note: I'm not the one saying that she looked like a cauliflower (see above), although that comment was creative and made me laugh, too!

I think the cauliflower comment was about her bouquet of roses which again was small and nice as far as I can say.
Mamma Miller outdid herself for that wedding and I am sure Papa Miller did not set a budget when it came to expenses.
I am glad you agree the dress (more or less) was a nice one.
Old 05-18-2009, 01:24 PM
Nobility

MC's dress overshadowed her cute face, pure traits and petite figure.
Great dress (although richly pretentious) but not for MC, I think she should have chosen something simple, elegant,
like this
http://www.heritagegown.com/image/silk_gown.jpg

The veil also almost covered her...
Old 05-18-2009, 11:50 PM
Aristocracy

I think it was a lovely wedding dress, but sadly it did nothing for MC, and she did nothing for it. She looked overwhelmed by her gown, and on her tiny frame the gown looked overworked. IMHO, it's better suited to a frame that isn't petite.
Old 05-19-2009, 11:27 AM
Nobility

Is there any video of the wedding???

I would like to watch it again....

I was a student then.....