HRH Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie Chantal Miller - 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
auntie said:
Does the procedure with the crowns occur in all Greek weddings, or only of the ones of royal families?

All Greek weddings. It is the custom of the Greek Orthodox Church

I don't know but I am not too fond of them although I did like MC's wedding dress and her bouquet - very original and different....

artificial_sprite said:
Who designed the other dresses, like the ones worn by the flower girls?

The bridal gown and the dresses of the flower girls and page boys were all designed by Valentino. Even the evening gown worn by MC on the eve of her wedding and the day dresses she wore to most of the celebration events prior to her wedding.

Personally, i love the wedding gowns and overall designes of Valentino!

Wow, I wonder how much everything costs. Unless Valentino did it for free, like for publicity or something.

I doubt Valentino did anything for free. MC is very wealthy and could afford to pay whatever the price of the dresses were.

I thought MC's dress greatly resembled Grace Kelly's wedding dress when she married Prince Ranier. If someone could do side-by-side photos for comparison, that would be great.

kimebear said:
I doubt Valentino did anything for free. MC is very wealthy and could afford to pay whatever the price of the dresses were.

There were 27 courture dresses ordered by the Millers for the wedding festivities (including dresses for Mrs. Miller, Pia, Alexandra and the Greek women). I will try to find the article I read that mentioned that the Millers paid for all of them - cash up front.

Anne-Marie and Alexia didn't wear Valentino gowns. IIRC, they wore Inge Spronson, who designs a lot of Anne-Marie's clothes.

You are right about that. Theodora's dress was Valentino since she was a flower girl.

Those flower girl dresses were ugly. The color was nice but the style and cut had absolute nothing to do with MC's dress. They could have gotten those off the rack at BridesMart and they would have looked the exact same, so why on earth they paid Valentino money for Walmart style is beyond me. If they were determined to do Valentino maids dresses, he could have at least made them have something to do with the bride's dress.

kelly9480 said:
Those flower girl dresses were ugly. The color was nice but the style and cut had absolute nothing to do with MC's dress. They could have gotten those off the rack at BridesMart and they would have looked the exact same, so why on earth they paid Valentino money for Walmart style is beyond me. If they were determined to do Valentino maids dresses, he could have at least made them have something to do with the bride's dress.

I agree with Kelly9840 on the dresses of the flower girls - it gave me an impression that too much attention was given to MC's dress (and my personal view is it was a lovely dress) and the designer just sort of threw together some farbric for the flower girls! Another bride that choose Valentino was CP Maxim and the bridemaid and flower girls dresses were lovely!

I also really liked her bouquet...different and original.....

I think in pictures it really looks like a cauliflower. Sorry if I am a bit rude to anybody's opinion... What I liked best was the lacy veil.

MC's gown wasn't my favourite, and I agree with the flowers. The invitations cost $100 grand alone, they couldn't have come up with better flowers?

I never understood why MC went with such a conservative dress, unless she felt that in taking on the role of Princess she had to show she was made of the right stuff? Or ... something?

Anyhoo, from everything I've ever read of her she seems like a nice enough person, she has a gazillion kids ... seems pretty down to earth.

Did you know she has her own clothing line? Marie Chantal - About To do that, have four kids and be an exiled Princess is quite impressive I think, so I'll forgive her, her terrible wedding dress choice!!!!!

Oh! I also just thought, didn't she have some phenomonal amount of shoes made "just incase" she lost them or ... the dog ate them... or ... she felt like throwing them out the window... or ... something? :ROFLMAO:

Oh and about being wealthy, MC's daddy is a Duty Free gazillionaire. *sigh* oh to have a rich father... :cool:

Last edited:
I like her dress. In one article it said that the dress was emulating Princess Grace, and I thought that was interesting. She didn't quite reach the level of Grace's gown, but it was pretty, and it worked for the 90's. It's not my taste (I woudln't wear it), but I see its appeal. The bridesmaids on the other hand in my opion look like they're growing weeds out of their sleeves. ack.

A think all the dresses at the pre wedding party were beautiful. I think Mrs Miller looks even more glamourous than her daughters

I think that the wedding gown was really very beautiful, but it wasn't for Marie Chantal. It would have looked better on an older or even less petite bride. That's an awful lot of fabric for someone of her stature.

Who is the lady in the pink ballgown with the bows as sleaves ?

ImageShack - Hosting :: 29gv1.jpg (previously posted by mtbcm - scanned from Hola-magazine)
Yes, this is Queen Margrethe, with Prince Joachim and then-fiancee Alexandra Manley
The Queens gown is quite nice, without these horrible bows

Queen Margrethe always goes for "over the top" ball gowns. Some are quite unique some are plain too busy. These bows were over the top. BTW Mr Miller opened the dance with Queen Margrethe the day of the wedding.

Wow! Queen Margarethe's dress was horrible. She looks like a cartoon character in it. The color was very beautiful on her, but those sleeves/bows are ridiculous.

She was always "over the top" Actually up until the latest crop of newly minted princesses arrived, all the royal balls were a parade of "costume" liked gowns. There was no talk of fashion back then.

I think in pictures it really looks like a cauliflower. Sorry if I am a bit rude to anybody's opinion... What I liked best was the lacy veil.

You sure hit the nail on the head with that one - it did look like a head of cauliflower!
MC's gown to me looked overwhelming to me - hot and heavy. It was a hot July day - a lighter fabric and design would have been better. I read that the wedding gown, veil, etc. cost @ $250,000.00 USD
MC looked like one of those dressed figures of the Madonna which one sees in big churches. All you can see is her face.
To me, Pavlos has always looked younger than his age - MC has always looked older than her age. Together, they are an unusual looking couple.
There is only about one phot shere Mrs. Miller is smiling - she always looks grumpy.

You sure hit the nail on the head with that one - it did look like a head of cauliflower!

I actually liked the bouquet of roses. It was not one of those cascading bouquets that go on forever. Cauliflower? LOL I never thought of it this way.

MC's gown to me looked overwhelming to me - hot and heavy. It was a hot July day - a lighter fabric and design would have been better. I read that the wedding gown, veil, etc. cost @ $250,000.00 USD

I had heard $100,000 plus the round trip private plane ride to Rome to have a final fit and fly the dress and Valentino from Rome to London.

MC looked like one of those dressed figures of the Madonna which one sees in big churches. All you can see is her face.
To me, Pavlos has always looked younger than his age - MC has always looked older than her age.

I always wondered if the ages given for the sisters were correct since I have the same impression.....Together, they are an unusual looking couple.
There is only about one phot shere Mrs. Miller is smiling - she always looks grumpy.

She is reputed to be a tough cookie as they say.....perhaps she is afraid to over stretch her skin. When she came on the scene she was a brunette now she turned blonde.....why not? She takes after her daughters, I suppose....:lol::lol::lol:

Last edited by a moderator:
MC is much more prettier now...she was just too thin back then.
Alexandra also wore Valentino and Mama Miller and Pia wore John Galliano.They were really elegant and chic,but in my opinion,Anna Maria was fabulous.She was shining!!

Back
Top Bottom