HRH Crown Prince Pavlos of Greece & Marie Chantal Miller - 1995

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Queen Anne Marie looked WAAAAAAAAAY better than the bride. Sad for MC's sake, but I'm not a big fan of hers anyway - so who cares?! Haha!!! ;)

Really nice photos!! there are a lot of them! Could I ask for something?? Is it possible for anybody to post any close-ups of the bridesmaids and pages...? if I'm not mistaken Pavlos younger siblings are among them

What about any close-ups of the Spanish royal family members? I haven't seen any photos of the infantas and Prince Felipe
could anybody post photos from the pre-wedding party?
Thanks a lot to all of you

From Hola magazine

Two days before the wedding the Bride parents hosted a Gala at Wrothan Park Palace

Bride and groom pose with their families.
From left to right: Christopher Getty and wife Pia Miller, Alexander von Furstenberg and fiancé Alexandra Miller, bride's parents Robert W. Miller and Marie-Chantal Pesantes, bride and groom, King Konstantin and Anne-Marie, Prince Nicolaos and Princess Alexia

From Hola Magazine

Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Mtbcm (you're spoiling us;) )

Its nice to see pictures of the pre-wedding gala (which I haven't seen many off). The infantas look radiant, especially Christina; Maria Garcia also looks amazing. I am not sure about Queen Margrethe, the dress and colour are nice but the poufy sleeves look like she is ready to fly back to Denmark. Alexandra is more understated.

The Greeks, Queen Anne Marie overshines her would be daughter-in-law, and looks amazing. So does Princess Alexia. I also very much like what Alexandra Miller is wearing, very minimalistic yet elegant--not to sure about the shoes.

From Hola magazine

(On first pic Queen Margarethe of Denmark dances greek sirtaki with King Constantino, on the second pic bride and groom opens the ball (in the centre) while Queen Margarethe dances with the bride's father)

The day before the wedding Queen Margareth of Denmark hosted a lunch on bord of Royal "Danneborg".

Source: Hola magazine

pdas1201 said:
Thanks for the wonderful pictures, Mtbcm (you're spoiling us;) )

Its nice to see pictures of the pre-wedding gala (which I haven't seen many off). The infantas look radiant, especially Christina; Maria Garcia also looks amazing. I am not sure about Queen Margrethe, the dress and colour are nice but the poufy sleeves look like she is ready to fly back to Denmark. Alexandra is more understated.

The Greeks, Queen Anne Marie overshines her would be daughter-in-law, and looks amazing. So does Princess Alexia. I also very much like what Alexandra Miller is wearing, very minimalistic yet elegant--not to sure about the shoes.

Your words are too kind :) !

I don't know if legends are required, if so, let me know and I will do it after finishing the upload.

Regards,
mtbcm :)

The Wedding

Does the procedure with the crowns occur in all Greek weddings, or only of the ones of royal families?

Alexandria said:
I think Marie-Chantal is positioned above her sisters not because she thinks she's superior to them but because of the train on her dress and veil if she were to stand on the ground with them her train couldn't be properly placed around her to really show off the full effect of the train.

I am in no way accusing you of thinking she is superior; I find it amusing that your response that she was'nt was promted by the coment of her acting silly. Can anyone please tell me why peope in general think she is 'snooty'? I personally have no prob with her, I think she is classy. I must admit that I don't know much about her family but whenever she is refered to or talked about people always mention her attitude-has she got a big attitude problem? Too many points and question, I know and I apologise, maybe a thread should be created 4 what bothers people about her attitude. It would b a heck of a lot helpful to my curiosity.

Which castle is that posted in #46? It looks so familiar, but my mind is drawing a blank.

Last edited:
Which castle is that posted in #46? It looks so familiar, but my mind is drawing a blank

That is Hampton Court Palace and it was built by the Archbishop of Canterbury in Henry VIII's time. He lost the palace and his life when he failed to secure a divorce between Henry and Catherine of Aragon.
Linda 85

auntie said:
Does the procedure with the crowns occur in all Greek weddings, or only of the ones of royal families?

Actually the crowns are used during every Orthodox wedding. There is a symbol of them - but I'm not very sure I remember what it is about...:). But it's not specific to royal weddings, they are used for every Orthodox wedding.:)

laduchesse said:
Which castle is that posted in #46? It looks so familiar, but my mind is drawing a blank.

Hola mentions that it is The Hampton Court Palace where the wedding party took place. This castle was the oficial residence for the Royal Family until the death of King George II and was built during King Henry VIII reign.

Regards,

crisiñaki said:
Anyone knows?:(

It's Archiduke Simeón of Austria and, by that time, he was seen as a good (a great I would say ;) ) candidate to Infanta Cristina. But it wasn't meant to be and Iñaki won her heart...

Regards,

Quote:
Originally Posted by auntie

Olka said:
Actually the crowns are used during every Orthodox wedding. There is a symbol of them - but I'm not very sure I remember what it is about...:). But it's not specific to royal weddings, they are used for every Orthodox wedding.:)

I found this article explaining the ryths of Orthodox Weddings.

Take a look

Enjoy!

mtbcm said:
Hola mentions that it is The Hampton Court Palace where the wedding party took place. This castle was the oficial residence for the Royal Family until the death of King George II and was built during King Henry VIII reign.

Regards,

Thanks Linda85 and mtbcm!

mtbcm said:
It's Archiduke Simeón of Austria and, by that time, he was seen as a good (a great I would say ;) ) candidate to Infanta Cristina. But it wasn't meant to be and Iñaki won her heart...

Regards,

Thanks thanks thanks thanks!!!:)

Back
Top Bottom