HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
To see now in live we have to pay ???

Every german household is forced by law to pay 17 € for TV, Radio, Internet-TV/Radio, car-radio etc each month !!!!

Me, too!

But: In germany are two kind of TV/Radio/Internet-Tv/Radio channels - the private ones and the offical state channels.

The money is just for the state channels. The private channels make their money via commercial breaks. The state channel have also commercial breaks, but less. So you can see f.ex. Harry Potter movie at primetime with NO commercial break.

I'm getting impatient for pictures of tonight's guests!!! Will Sophie wear a different dress? What does she look like with the prussian meander tiara? Will the guests wear tiaras? What will Maria Vladimirovna wear? Help! I can't wait much longer!!!

I am always amazed by the people who complain of over exposure of certain people and/or event. And yet take the time to read and/or watch, comment or in this case, show up.

I am glad the "demonstration" was peaceful and didn't take away from Georg and Sophie's Day.

That's exactly what I was thinking. Why put so much effort into protesting the wedding like that. It reminds me of the idea that 'to hate something/someone you have to spend just as much time thinking about it as someone who loves it' (does that make sense to everyone?). These people could've spent their day doing something productive, instead they did this...

I add my voice to those of others. Sadly, one of the worst dressed persons at the wedding was the bride herself. The top part of the gown resembles an everyday blouse (with a collar and impossibly wide lapels) that one might wear informally with pants on the street. The skirt is reminiscent of late 19th-century gowns - a bit too full at the hips to be flattering for the bride, but, most of all, completely incongruous with the style of the top. This is not one of those gowns that successfully adds a modern twist to an old classic. It is a sad mess.

If this wedding were taking place in the olden days of monarchic rule, the designer of this dress should have been hanged for treason. But just one look at how Wolfgang Joop chose to present himself for this wedding, and we can see what sort of person he is... more interested in calling attention to himself than in highlighting the bride. Ugh. There is poetic justice, however, in the fact that Joop, himself, looked ridiculous. Not a shred of elegance... more like a clown.

Nevertheless, the bride managed to look beautiful in spite of the disastrous gown. Her makeup and hair were lovely, and the veil was also beautiful. Most of all, the sheer joy of the newlyweds and the fact that they so evidently have a meaningful relationship made this a wonderful event to witness. In the end, nothing else matters! A toast to the bride and groom... may they have a long and happy life together.

Last edited:
The caption under the pic of the fallen horse said that the horse had been bitten by a horse fly and was trying to kick it off. Good that nothing dramatic happened.

Shouldn't the live stream have started again? I can't find a link :bang::bang::bang:

Thanks for that bit of info about the horse. I'm glad it wasn't injured in its fall and didn't harm any of the other horses in such a confined area.

The bride did look beautiful from the neck up. But the gown was a very unattractive style and didn't do her justice, IMO. I am hopeful she will change into something more flattering for the reception later on.

Last edited:
I've been looking for it, but I have yet to hear who represented The British Royal family at their wedding. Anyone know? I'd love to see pictures ;)

I'm just thinking of what my late grandfather, who fought against the Kaiser in WWI, would think of me enjoying the pictures of this wedding.:D

But just one look at how Wolfgang Joop chose to present himself for this wedding, and we can see what sort of person he is... more interested in calling attention to himself than in highlighting the bride. Ugh. There is poetic justice, however, in the fact that Joop, himself, looked ridiculous. Not a shred of elegance... more like a clown.
:clap:I couldn't agree more! When I first saw him walking down the road towards the church and they said he was the wedding gown designer (I don't understand German so I don't know what they actually said, but when I realized he was the wdd) I wondered why he was acting like a guest and not attending to the bride getting dressed like I thought a royal wdd should be. Then I saw his outfit, and then I saw her gown! His outfit was WAY more memorable than her gown. What kind of designer would try to upstage his client at her wedding?! The only other time we saw him was the behind-the-scenes video with the wedding gown sketch, and he wasn't dressed flambouantly then, so it's clearly not a lifestyle choice.

For amedea

104: The israeli ambassador in Germany and his wife
105: the lady on the right could be Princess Christa of Prussia but I'm not sure
133: The Hereditary Prince of Saxe-Coburg-Gotha and his wife Princess Kelly
145: a maternal uncle of the groom (not sure which one) and probably his daughter
151: I'm pretty sure she is a Princess of Prussia, too, or at least related to GF in some way. I have seen her before but can't remember her name.
164: Jörg Woltmann and his wife Kerstin, he saved the Royal Porcelain Manufacture Berlin, that also designed the porcelain for GF and Sophie, a few years ago they were almost broke
175: I don't know who the people in the foreground are; in the background are Prince Adalbert of Prussia, his wife and their son and daughter.
186: On the right Moritz, Landgrave of Hesse

I think that Princess Maria Carolina Christina of Bourbon-Parma, looks absolutely stunning on both events , also her brother Prince Jaime Bernardo of Bourbon :flowers:
concert
religious wedding
religious wedding 2

It's a very very interesting fantasy rising fact that Marie Carolina attended, because she was once seen with the brides single brother the hereditary prince of Isenburg. He has a girlfriend, but a commoner and she looks amazing today. May be....may bee :lol:

PPE Agency

She is DEFINITELY his type, because his girlfriend looks pretty much like her. On some pics I think they could be twins, although she is the prettier one.

Last edited by a moderator:
:clap:I couldn't agree more! When I first saw him walking down the road towards the church and they said he was the wedding gown designer (I don't understand German so I don't know what they actually said, but when I realized he was the wdd) I wondered why he was acting like a guest and not attending to the bride getting dressed like I thought a royal wdd should be. Then I saw his outfit, and then I saw her gown! His outfit was WAY more memorable than her gown. What kind of designer would try to upstage his client at her wedding?! The only other time we saw him was the behind-the-scenes video with the wedding gown sketch, and he wasn't dressed flambouantly then, so it's clearly not a lifestyle choice.

His suite is auctioned and was in the property of a dandy from London :D
No kidding.
And yes he praised himself, but later he said the bride was radiant and this is how a Prussian fairytale bride looks like.

On the first row , the Prince and the Princess of Isenburg , an old Man and Duchess Donata. Was this man the Duke of Oldenburg ?

I just saw clips of the wedding. Very simple and nice wedding. I like that it was integrated Protestantism and Catholicism.

BTW we already have the worst dressed guests: princesses Luisa and Dorothea Orsini d'Aragona here with their brother prince Lelio Nicolo [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Their style reminds me of the scaring Thurn und Taxis sisters that I was surprised not seeing today.

Well, it would seem we have Germany's version of Princesses Beatrice and Eugenie go to a Royal Wedding. Sorry...could not resist!!:flowers:

Last edited:
Which tiara is Lady Nicholas Windsor wearing? Her family's? It does not look like a Kent one.

Ok, don't know if there's a thread for this, so I'm going to put it here. Can't stand the dress, for me, it's too modern and has too much going on design wise. I would have loved to have seen her in something more traditional and soft since she has such sharp features. Not to mention her hair is too styled for her features as well, some soft curls would have soften her face considerably. All in all, not a hit with me.

I agree, there was too much going on with the dress...layer, tulle plus the bolero jacket were too overwhelming for my tastes.

The dress was too ...........ugh. That is all I can say.

I'm not particularly fond of the dress neither do I hate it. What I loved was the hair, and that tiara!!! Beautiful!!!

I'm still not sure on her dress, I can't tell if it's extremely hideous or extremely modern and beautiful! The wedding was very nice and very well planned as one can see! I was so happy to see the Duke and Duchess of Braganca there! It seems she wore the hat she wore to her daughters christening, talk about recycling!!! I hope she wore a different tiara than the one she wore in Monaco, I can't wait to see pictures of her tonight!

BTW we already have the worst dressed guests: princesses Luisa and Dorothea Orsini d'Aragona here with their brother prince Lelio Nicolo [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Their style reminds me of the scaring Thurn und Taxis sisters that I was surprised not seeing today.

It was anyway a big surprise to see this two girls at the wedding. One of the TV commentators ( the only really well informed - so I trust this information) said, that one of his ex-girlfriend attended the wedding.
( Oh, Diana ...I hear you...)

I was looking for Caroline von Linsingen, but then I saw Luisa Orsini. Both families, Prussia and Orsini d'Aragona, seem to be friends, but it was said that both had a realtionship.
I saw once a TV-report of the Kira foundation concert 2005. He was touching her all time after concert's reception and even on the prussian website, she was called as enchanting guest although this website tries to write their statements as demure as possibile:

Preussen.de - 60. Wohltätigkeitskonzert der Prinzessin Kira von Preussen-Stiftung

...GF's grandmother was a Romanov as well so maybe that is the connection as Grand Duchess Maria claims the headship of the house. Or it was due to being George's father being a Prince of Prussia (great grandson of Wilhelm II).
Maria is the first cousin of P GF father. so closely related.

Many people were upset because the publicly funded tv station rbb was covering the wedding of two people who legally are just ordinary citizens. But this demonstration was only small and it stayed peaceful.
Was it really many people or just afew noisy ones who make a habit of being upset?

Back
Top Bottom