HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
PS will video of the wedding be shown again? I missed the live stream :(

PS will video of the wedding be shown again? I missed the live stream :(

Yes, there will be a recap (about 40 minutes) starting at 8:15 p.m. German time. I have also read that the recap will be available online afterwards ;)

I dare to assume it is because "GF's mother was a Romanov".

Why his mother? She is a born Countess of Castell-Rüdenhausen (originating from Franconia), daughter of a Countess zu Solms-Laubach (Hessian nobility, branch of the extended Solms family and originating from the Solms-Lich branch) .

His paternal grandmother though was Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia, and daughter of Cyril Vladimirovich who assumed the headship of the house after the main line of the Romanovs were killed in 1918.

Last edited:
It is very strange that Queen Sofía of Spain didnt atted...They are family, after all.

On TV they said, the most royal houses didn't attend because at the moment are holidays.
As a family member I would take a break of my holiday to come to a family wedding, but they also said, that royal families holidays are pretty much planned and there is no extra space for such events.

Why his mother? She is a born Countess of Castell-Rüdenhausen (originating from Franconia), daughter of a Countess zu Solms-Laubach (Hessian nobility, branch of the extended Solms family and originating from the Solms-Lich branch) .

His paternal grandmother though was Grand Duchess Kira Kirillovna of Russia, and daughter of Cyril Vladimirovich who assumed the headship of the house after the main line of the Romanovs were killed in 1918.

I haven't seen the Castell Rüdenhausen family memvers. Did anyone ?

Last edited by a moderator:
Princess Kira, Prince Georg's grandmother was the sister of Grand Duchess Maria's Father.

The tiara is very nice. But I don`t like her wedding dress.

thank you for those links! They look so happy!
Congrats to them :)

Not a fan of the wedding gown, but the tiara is all right. Thank you to all who provided the links and pictures.

Sofia of Spain who is family did'nt go to this wedding but yes to a Jordanian wedding.:bang:

Congratulations to the Prince and Princesss of Prussia..lovely couple,so simple and yet so happy!:flowers:

What is the significance of planting the apple tree?

Yes, there will be a recap (about 40 minutes) starting at 8:15 p.m. German time. I have also read that the recap will be available online afterwards ;)

Thank you. Do you have the link or is it the same one previously posted?

I love the tiara and the collar of the wedding gown (jacket) is very pretty, but I'm not liking the skirt. The folds at the waist just look bad.:sad:

They look so deeply in love and happy. :wub: :twohearts: Though I love the sheer train with the antique lace veil secured to it, I'm not sure what to make of the gown as a whole. I don't like the jacket look of it. Not loving the tiara either...the larger one that was speculated on would've been my choice.

One man doesn't seem to greet the couple. :eek:

How rude. Even if you don't agree with monarchy, it's someone's WEDDING DAY. And it's not like the citizens are paying for it. How offensive. :bang:

Thank you, Tilia C. I am glad that this is a group of anti-monarchists and not royalists (or even neutrals) as they look a very unappealing bunch of people! :)

They are not greeting the couple, these people are anti-monarchists who are demonstrating against the public fuzz which is made about the wedding. The slogan is meant to be satirical.

Are all these people anti-monarchy? Some of them seem to be waving (except the one rude one). Are the ones waving being sarcastic?

Last edited:
ORLY?! I had no idea.:ermm::sad:
Many people were upset because the publicly funded tv station rbb was covering the wedding of two people who legally are just ordinary citizens. But this demonstration was only small and it stayed peaceful.

The Bunte gallery is really huge, so sad there are not captions..
I wasn't able to recognize people in pictures: 91, 104, 105, 107, 115, 117, 133, 134, 145, 148, 149, 151, 164, 175, 176, 177, 186, 187, 189 and 192. Will somebody be so kind to help me?

I am always amazed by the people who complain of over exposure of certain people and/or event. And yet take the time to read and/or watch, comment or in this case, show up.

I am glad the "demonstration" was peaceful and didn't take away from Georg and Sophie's Day.

I haven't seen the Castell Rüdenhausen family memvers. Did anyone ?

I could see during the live streaming erbgraf Otto v. C-R, that is also the only one of the family I would be able to recognize.

Are all these people anti-monarchy? Some of them seem to be waving (except the one rude one). Are the ones waving being sarcastic?
Yes, all the people on this particular picture are protesters. The waving is also meant to be sarcastic. But as I said, the demonstration was only small. They were by far outnumbered by the people who enjoyed the wedding!

133: The hereditary prince of Saxe Coburg Gotha + wife Kelly
145: Donata's brother Castell Rüdenhausen + daughter

Back
Top Bottom