HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I don't like the dress too, but they look beautiful together. They seem so much in love.

BTW we already have the worst dressed guests: princesses Luisa and Dorothea Orsini d'Aragona here with their brother prince Lelio Nicolo [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Their style reminds me of the scaring Thurn und Taxis sisters that I was surprised not seeing today.

Last edited:
Can someone explain me who these people are? [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto

The four on the left, from the left: Count Rudolf zu Schoenburg-Glauchau, his son Friedrich, his wife Princess Marie Louise von Preussen and their daughter Sophie.

I'm not 100% sure about the other five but I think those are Princess Marie Louise's brother Prince Adalbert of Prussia his wife Eva Maria and their sons Alexander (on the left) and Christian and Philipp on the right (don't ask me who is whom, they are twins and I can't tell them apart)

Last edited:

The prince looks soooo in love!:wub:

Several other thoughts:

I didn't like Sophie's wedding dress, but did like the tiara and of course the happiness and joy on the couple's faces. Grand Duchess Maria of Russia - her outfit left me speechless, and not in a good way. The picture of the poor horse collapsing/tripping was upsetting and I hope it was alright; this has happened with the carriage horses at New York's Central Park and that's always unsettling to see. And, Warren, thanks for the clarification on the tiaras; that was certainly confusing!

Last edited:
Quick question: what is the explanation of the double-barreled Imperial and Royal Highness title? Is that because anyone holding that title is a member of both an empire's ruling family/descendants and a royal family? I couldn't really find anything in the "title" thread. Thank you.

..as always:-D I already haven't seen any normal dress on her. Always awful...
... she certainly didn't inherit the elegance and sense for fashion which we have seen in her Romanov ancestery. But at least she's always easy to regognize :D.

Quick question: what is the explanation of the double-barreled Imperial and Royal Highness title? Is that because anyone holding that title is a member of both an empire's ruling family/descendants and a royal family? I couldn't really find anything in the "title" thread. Thank you.
It's the double style because they used to be both Kings of Prussia and Emperors of Germany.

Were the three children in nautical dress the attendants? There was only one photo of them

Yes. The attendants included Archduke Bartholomäus and Archduke Emmanuel (sons of Sophie's sister Katharina amd her husband Archuke Martin of Austria-Este), Luise zu Wied (daugther of her sister Isabelle and her husband Prince Friedrich zu Wied) and they had, at least, three more. Can't remember their names, they were noble as well and children of friends of Georg Friedrich and Sophie, I think.

Last edited:
I just remember a couple of things which the desinger said in the interview this morning. He explained that they chose 3 different silk textiles for the dress. The cloth had to be specially dyed in Italy, so that the colour exactly fitted the colour of the old veil. The train part of the brides silk organza coat. And the antique lace veil had to be stitched onto the train so that the frail material does not rub along the floor. He also said that the style of the train was inspired by old paintings and that a fountain at Sancouci park inspired him to give the dress a flowyness that reminds of water. (I write this from memory and hope that I got everything right.)

And I agree the dress was boring.

I wouldn't call her dress boring. I'd call it busy! I think it's got a place on the worst royal wedding dresses list. But their love for each other and the sparrkle from her tiara overshadow the fact her dress looks like it went thru a wood-chipper and was sewn back togethor but mice and birds.

Does anyone know who the lady next to Laurent is?
http://i56.tinypic.com/28wdit2.jpg

Possibly his wife, but I was surpised and the number of female guests I saw wearing pants. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it's out of the ordinary for a royal event, plus dresses and skirts are supposed to be cooler than pants, etc. and there was alot of fanning going on with the wedding programs!

Thanks for the photos!
The couple looked lovely. I liked an layered effect of Princess Sophie's dress. It was surprising to see Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirvona attending the wedding.

Possibly his wife
No, she's not prince Laurent's wife.

I just remember a couple of things which the desinger said in the interview this morning. He explained that they chose 3 different silk textiles for the dress. The cloth had to be specially dyed in Italy, so that the colour exactly fitted the colour of the old veil. The train part of the brides silk organza coat. And the antique lace veil had to be stitched onto the train so that the frail material does not rub along the floor. He also said that the style of the train was inspired by old paintings and that a fountain at Sancouci park inspired him to give the dress a flowyness that reminds of water. (I write this from memory and hope that I got everything right.)

Did he also say that the jacket was to remind prussian army?

Last edited by a moderator:
Yes. The attendants included Archduke Bartholomäus and Archduke Emmanuel (sons of Sophie's sister Katharina amd her husband Archuke Martin of Austria-Este), Luise zu Wied (daugther of her sister Isabelle and her husband Prince Friedrich zu Wied) and they had, at least, three more. Can't remember their names, they were noble as well and children of friends of Georg Friedrich and Sophie, I think.

Two of them should be counts von Schoenborn (or Schoenburg??).

To me THE wedding of the year !
When I saw Prince Georg arriving to the Church with on his left his beloved mother Donata who lost her husband when she was pregnant and giving his hand to his handicapped sister who seemed so happy. I will never forget !

Did he also say that the jacket was to remind prussian army?

And it was linked to the equestrian jackets of Queen Luise. I had the possibility to see them in Paretz last year. Very similar style.

I missed the Thurn and Taxis family. Albert had certainly a race somewhere to drive, but Gloria attended the wedding of Princess Katharina.

More pictures from the TV show

Das Brautpaar | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

and pictures of the guest with names:

http://www.rbb-online.de/fernsehen/projekte/hochzeit/bildergalerie/die_gaeste.html

I missed the Thurn and Taxis family. Albert had certainly a race somewhere to drive, but Gloria attended the wedding of Princess Katharina.

Maybe they're disappointed because GF didn't choose one of them :whistling:

I love the tiara! They are a very pretty couple, they would have looked perfect, had there not been the jacket of the bride ...

:lol:, amedea. I was surprised, too, not to see them. I thought at least Gloria would be there.

Another little info: their rings are actually the rings of GF's parents with a new engraving. I thought that was a lovely sentiment.

Looking forward to tonight! Does anyone know when the dinner/the arrival of the guests is supposed to start?

Well, although I cannot say who will actually attend the wedding, but you can take for granted that you should never believe what is said in the media and that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian ARE invited.
Without going too far into detail, which I will definitly not do, it is for sure that there is no correlation between the former inheritance problems and the invitation list.

Regards
Alex R.

Has anyone seen Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian Sigismund? On TV they said that none of the uncles would attend but that all the cousin of Prince Georg Friedrich were there, haven't seen all of them myself: I think I saw Friedrich Wilhelm's children Friedrich Wilhelm, Victoria and Joachim . And in case my eyes haven't fooled me, I think Friedrich Wilhelm's second wife and their mother Ehrengard. Pretty sure I haven't seen Prince Philip. I don't know Prince Michael's daughters so I won't recognize them. Haven't seen Christian, Irina and Isabelle either.

It was surprising to see Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirvona attending the wedding.

GF's grandmother was a Romanov as well so maybe that is the connection as Grand Duchess Maria claims the headship of the house. Or it was due to being George's father being a Prince of Prussia (great grandson of Wilhelm II).

It is very strange that Queen Sofía of Spain didnt atted...They are family, after all.

Love the tiara. The dress. . . hmmm, maybe without the jacket it was decent. But this wasn't my favorite royal bride. I also expected to see more European royals.

Princess Nadja-Anna zu Schamburg-Lippe and Princess Camilla of the Bourbon-Sicilies looked very nice.

GF's grandmother was a Romanov as well so maybe that is the connection as Grand Duchess Maria claims the headship of the house. Or it was due to being George's father being a Prince of Prussia (great grandson of Wilhelm II).
I dare to assume it is because "GF's mother was a Romanov".

Back
Top Bottom