HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich & HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg, Aug 2011

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lucien

Majesty
City
Amsterdam
Country
Netherlands
Prussiasmall.gif
. . . . . .
Isenburg.gif

The wedding of

HI&RH Prince Georg Friedrich of Prussia
and

HSH Princess Sophie von Isenburg (-Birstein)

Potsdam, August 2011

RBB tv station in Berlin & Brandenburg will air the wedding this saturday,as well as bits
of the charity concert for the Princess Kira of Prussia Foundation on friday evening where many wedding guests are expectecd as well.

The wedding will be aired from 11 AM untill 14 PM on saturday local time,GMT+1,EST+6.

RBB also has a nice wedding site,in German ofcourse:

Hochzeit in Potsdam | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

:hohenzollernflag:

Last edited by a moderator:
By the way: she is a meber of the Isenburg-Birstein branch.

The other branch is Ysenburg-Büdingen and there is also a princess Sophie - born Sophie de Bois.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulatios to the couple! Just saw a video on TV and they looked very happy :)

It was on Exklusiv; not the best quality so I think someone who was just there at the right time took it. They showed them leaving the registry office, how they shared a kiss and how they planted a tree in the gardens of Sanssoucci.

Pictures of the Civil Ceremony

Thanks for posting links to pictures taken after the civil ceremony. Is that the Prince's mother, Donata, in the hot pink dress? Is her husband (GF's step-father) there? Who is the heavy set blond woman? Are Georg Friedrich's maternal grandparents still alive. Is that his grandmother in the light blue dress?

(As some of you know, Georg Fredrich's mother was widowed when he was very young and she was pregnant with his sister. Sadly, his sister, C-C, was born with severe disabilities. His mother raised the two children alone, with the support of her father-in-law. When the children were older she married her late husband's sister's ex-husband. I haven't seen much of her since and look forward to seeing her at the wedding.)

The women in the hot pink dress is indeed Donata.

I don't now, if Georg's stepfather is guest at the wedding. Until now I always saw Donata walking alone, what makes me believe, he doesn't attend.
There might be two reasons: His stepfather was married first to Georgs aunt Marie Cecilie of Prussia ( so his cousins are also his stepbothers and-sisters). The marriage of Donata and him caused a lot trouble in the prussian family. Georg also never said a word about his stepfather in public. I have heard, that their relationship is not the best.
Second: The man is 75 and may be not in the best physical condition.

The heavy set blond women is the chief of protocol of the prussian house and the head of their house foundation.
The women in the light blue dress is the mother of the bride.
The women in the red flower dress in the tv report might be her sister Isabelle, but I haven't seen her face clearly.
Georg's sister Cornelie is accompained by the brides younger brother Victor.
The women in the lilac dress is her sister archduchess Katharina surrounded by her children.
The man with the dark hair and the pink tie walking out of the door is her brother Alexander.
Her father is the man with the white hair and the nice belly ;)

Here is a better gallery of the legal wedding, where you can see Victor and Cornelie: http://www.rbb-online.de/fernsehen/projekte/hochzeit/das_brautpaar/die_standesamtliche.html

Georg's grandparents are all dead. You can read about that on preussen.de - aktuelles or geneall.net

His uncles are all not invited. His only living aunt is Marie Cecilie, may be we will see her the next days.

Last edited:
No Titles, No Subjects, No Problem: Germans Join Royal Wedding Craze

Another Royal Wedding, But This One Is Pretend - WSJ.com
On Saturday, Georg Friedrich Ferdinand Prince of Prussia and Sophie Johanna Maria Princess of Isenburg will step out of a church on the grounds of a former royal palace here and ride in a carriage drawn by six horses through the city streets as heirs to a 1,000-year history of German emperors and empresses.
[...]
Legally, the betrothed are just private citizens of the Federal Republic. Germany's noble titles of yesteryear are now merely surnames. Public television will broadcast the wedding live, for three hours, anyway.
"People are longing for things they don't get out of the republic," says Rolf Seelmann-Eggebert, who will provide live commentary for broadcaster RBB, a public-service broadcaster based in Berlin and Potsdam. In a confusing, fast-changing world, "people are looking for little princes and princesses who are born and will be of some importance for the rest of their life," he says.
In a year in which royal weddings in London and Monaco drew tens of millions of TV viewers around Europe, it's no surprise that some Germans crave the same sort of hoopla. The country, after all, had more than a millennium of royal history and still has thousands of defunct dukes, bygone barons, and no-account nobles strewn across the land.

His uncles are all not invited. His only living aunt is Marie Cecilie, may be we will see her the next days.

His uncles have not been invited to the wedding ceremony at the Postdam Town Hall. Only the closest family members attended this part of the wedding (parents and siblings).
The whole family will attend the wedding at the Friedenskirche tomorrow.

By the way the name of the head of the Generalverwaltung des vormals regierenden Preußischen Königshauses (office for affairs of the former reigning Prussian Royal Family) is Michaela Blankart.

Happy Royal wedding days

Alex R.

In one article I have read that his uncles aren't invited generally. But we will see tomorrow.....

The whole family will attend the wedding at the Friedenskirche tomorrow.

Are you sure about that? I have read the same thing as Seraphine and I wouldn't blame Georg Friedrich for not inviting Friedrich Wilhelm and Michael. I don't know how his relationship with Christian Sigismund is as he still lived on the Wümmehof when the news came out that GF wants to sell it and according to an interview CG wasn't very pleased about it.

Today ARD brisant:
Prince Michael said in an interview that he is not invited !
ARD said also that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm is not invited.
Prince Christian: unsure.

Because: They still argue about the heritage.

Today ARD brisant:
Prince Michael said in an interview that he is not invited !
ARD said also that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm is not invited.
Prince Christian: unsure.

Because: They still argue about the heritage.

Well, although I cannot say who will actually attend the wedding, but you can take for granted that you should never believe what is said in the media and that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian ARE invited.
Without going too far into detail, which I will definitly not do, it is for sure that there is no correlation between the former inheritance problems and the invitation list.

Regards
Alex R.

I have to correct myself:

The women in the lilac dress is the wife of Georg's cousin and stepbrother Paul Duke of Oldenburg - it's Maria del Pilar Mendez
The women in the red flower dress is Arcduches Katharina with her two sons Bartholomäus and Emmanuel.
I haven't seen princess Isabelle yet. She doesn't like to be photographed. Anyway their childrens have to go to school, so they'll probably arrived later that day.
It's so cute, how Prince Victor holds Cornelia-Cecilie's hand.
The other women are Georg's stepsisters and cousins the Duchesses Rixa and Bibiane of Oldenburg and stuff of the prussians/ the garden ofice.
On one pic I have seen Donata's second husband.

Well, although I cannot say who will actually attend the wedding, but you can take for granted that you should never believe what is said in the media and that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian ARE invited.
Without going too far into detail, which I will definitly not do, it is for sure that there is no correlation between the former inheritance problems and the invitation list.

Regards
Alex R.

But the wife of Princess Michael said in an interview, that they are not invited and he was sitting next to her.

But may be Georg heard that and invited them afterwards ???

But the wife of Princess Michael said in an interview, that they are not invited and he was sitting next to her.

But may be Georg heard that and invited them afterwards ???

Dear Seraphine,

I did not comment on Prince Michael and can not do that. But You may be lucky and see one of his daughters...

Alex R.

Schwarzer Adler, thank you for your help. I'm still not sure whether my messages reach you....

Anyway, I would be delighted if you could send me the link to the Wedding.

Many thanks
Renata

Sorry if it was discussed before,but I would like to ask if it's possible to watch tomorrow religious ceremony online.
I wonder if ZDF covers this wedding.
Thank You in advance.

Back
Top Bottom