The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2011, 10:53 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by almab View Post
Were the three children in nautical dress the attendants? There was only one photo of them
Yes. The attendants included Archduke Bartholomäus and Archduke Emmanuel (sons of Sophie's sister Katharina amd her husband Archuke Martin of Austria-Este), Luise zu Wied (daugther of her sister Isabelle and her husband Prince Friedrich zu Wied) and they had, at least, three more. Can't remember their names, they were noble as well and children of friends of Georg Friedrich and Sophie, I think.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:55 AM
Nobility

Bunte slide show with 218 pictures in good quality:

BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen

Old 08-27-2011, 10:56 AM
Nobility

Does anyone know who the lady next to Laurent is?
http://i56.tinypic.com/28wdit2.jpg
Old 08-27-2011, 11:02 AM
Nobility

Official pictures

Georg Friedrich Ferdinand Prince Of Prussia And Princess Sophie Of
Georg Friedrich Ferdinand Prince Of Prussia And Princess Sophie Of
Old 08-27-2011, 11:19 AM
Super Moderator

I just remember a couple of things which the desinger said in the interview this morning. He explained that they chose 3 different silk textiles for the dress. The cloth had to be specially dyed in Italy, so that the colour exactly fitted the colour of the old veil. The train part of the brides silk organza coat. And the antique lace veil had to be stitched onto the train so that the frail material does not rub along the floor. He also said that the style of the train was inspired by old paintings and that a fountain at Sancouci park inspired him to give the dress a flowyness that reminds of water. (I write this from memory and hope that I got everything right.)
Old 08-27-2011, 11:20 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smush View Post
And I agree the dress was boring.
I wouldn't call her dress boring. I'd call it busy! I think it's got a place on the worst royal wedding dresses list. But their love for each other and the sparrkle from her tiara overshadow the fact her dress looks like it went thru a wood-chipper and was sewn back togethor but mice and birds.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saschana View Post
Possibly his wife, but I was surpised and the number of female guests I saw wearing pants. Not that there's anything wrong with that. But it's out of the ordinary for a royal event, plus dresses and skirts are supposed to be cooler than pants, etc. and there was alot of fanning going on with the wedding programs!
Old 08-27-2011, 11:27 AM
Heir Apparent

Thanks for the photos!
The couple looked lovely. I liked an layered effect of Princess Sophie's dress. It was surprising to see Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirvona attending the wedding.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:31 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
Possibly his wife
No, she's not prince Laurent's wife.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I just remember a couple of things which the desinger said in the interview this morning. He explained that they chose 3 different silk textiles for the dress. The cloth had to be specially dyed in Italy, so that the colour exactly fitted the colour of the old veil. The train part of the brides silk organza coat. And the antique lace veil had to be stitched onto the train so that the frail material does not rub along the floor. He also said that the style of the train was inspired by old paintings and that a fountain at Sancouci park inspired him to give the dress a flowyness that reminds of water. (I write this from memory and hope that I got everything right.)
Did he also say that the jacket was to remind prussian army?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:32 AM
Courtier

Quote:
This lady doesn't look like Princess Claire.
Old 08-27-2011, 11:33 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Yes. The attendants included Archduke Bartholomäus and Archduke Emmanuel (sons of Sophie's sister Katharina amd her husband Archuke Martin of Austria-Este), Luise zu Wied (daugther of her sister Isabelle and her husband Prince Friedrich zu Wied) and they had, at least, three more. Can't remember their names, they were noble as well and children of friends of Georg Friedrich and Sophie, I think.
Two of them should be counts von Schoenborn (or Schoenburg??).
Old 08-27-2011, 11:36 AM
Heir Presumptive

To me THE wedding of the year !
When I saw Prince Georg arriving to the Church with on his left his beloved mother Donata who lost her husband when she was pregnant and giving his hand to his handicapped sister who seemed so happy. I will never forget !
Old 08-27-2011, 11:37 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Did he also say that the jacket was to remind prussian army?
And it was linked to the equestrian jackets of Queen Luise. I had the possibility to see them in Paretz last year. Very similar style.

I missed the Thurn and Taxis family. Albert had certainly a race somewhere to drive, but Gloria attended the wedding of Princess Katharina.

More pictures from the TV show

Das Brautpaar | rbb Rundfunk Berlin-Brandenburg

and pictures of the guest with names:

http://www.rbb-online.de/fernsehen/p...ie_gaeste.html
Old 08-27-2011, 11:48 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seraphine View Post
I missed the Thurn and Taxis family. Albert had certainly a race somewhere to drive, but Gloria attended the wedding of Princess Katharina.
Maybe they're disappointed because GF didn't choose one of them
Old 08-27-2011, 11:53 AM
Royal Highness

I love the tiara! They are a very pretty couple, they would have looked perfect, had there not been the jacket of the bride ...
Old 08-27-2011, 11:54 AM
Nobility

, amedea. I was surprised, too, not to see them. I thought at least Gloria would be there.

Another little info: their rings are actually the rings of GF's parents with a new engraving. I thought that was a lovely sentiment.

Looking forward to tonight! Does anyone know when the dinner/the arrival of the guests is supposed to start?
Old 08-27-2011, 11:57 AM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Wonderful photos!
Old 08-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by SchwarzerAdler View Post
Well, although I cannot say who will actually attend the wedding, but you can take for granted that you should never believe what is said in the media and that Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian ARE invited.
Without going too far into detail, which I will definitly not do, it is for sure that there is no correlation between the former inheritance problems and the invitation list.

Regards
Alex R.
Has anyone seen Prince Friedrich Wilhelm and Prince Christian Sigismund? On TV they said that none of the uncles would attend but that all the cousin of Prince Georg Friedrich were there, haven't seen all of them myself: I think I saw Friedrich Wilhelm's children Friedrich Wilhelm, Victoria and Joachim . And in case my eyes haven't fooled me, I think Friedrich Wilhelm's second wife and their mother Ehrengard. Pretty sure I haven't seen Prince Philip. I don't know Prince Michael's daughters so I won't recognize them. Haven't seen Christian, Irina and Isabelle either.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Al_bina View Post
It was surprising to see Grand Duchess Maria Vladimirvona attending the wedding.
GF's grandmother was a Romanov as well so maybe that is the connection as Grand Duchess Maria claims the headship of the house. Or it was due to being George's father being a Prince of Prussia (great grandson of Wilhelm II).
Old 08-27-2011, 12:31 PM
Nobility

It is very strange that Queen Sofía of Spain didnt atted...They are family, after all.
Old 08-27-2011, 12:41 PM
Serene Highness

Love the tiara. The dress. . . hmmm, maybe without the jacket it was decent. But this wasn't my favorite royal bride. I also expected to see more European royals.

Princess Nadja-Anna zu Schamburg-Lippe and Princess Camilla of the Bourbon-Sicilies looked very nice.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 08-27-2011, 12:45 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
GF's grandmother was a Romanov as well so maybe that is the connection as Grand Duchess Maria claims the headship of the house. Or it was due to being George's father being a Prince of Prussia (great grandson of Wilhelm II).
I dare to assume it is because "GF's mother was a Romanov".

Tags
hohenzollern, isenburg, prince georg friedrich, princess sophie of prussia, prussia