The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings > Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-27-2011, 09:24 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I don't where the Royal Dish poster obtained their so-called information but the Aosta tiara worn by Princess Astrid of Belgium and the wedding tiara worn by Princess Sophie are two completely different items.
I've checked the May 2004 Point de Vue cover story of the wedding of Princess Katharina von Isenburg and Archduke Martin of Austria-Este and her tiara also bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Aosta tiara.

v thumbnail: Princess Astrid, Aosta tiara
v attached images: Princess Sophie, Isenburg tiara
images heavily cropped and not subject to copyright
I was so confused by this!

Photo from Getty Images
The Hapsburgs look like they are going to a funeral. Or are they still in mourning for Archduke Otto?

Photo from Reuters Pictures
Here's the picture of the downed horse.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:27 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk View Post
In one of the galleries that Iceflower posted, there is a picture of the horses, and one of them appears to be have tripped/fainted/fallen down or whatever, and it looks like some people are trying to help him get situated.
I think it happened just before the couple left the church. I don't know why but it got up again and seemed fine afterwards.

I might be in the minority here but I really like Sophie's dress. It was a great combination of fairytale and modern times, and it seemed to be just like how she is. A modern woman with traditional background. And I like woman who dare something and I'm not too keen on seeing the same wedding dress styles over and over again.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:30 AM
Administrator

I agree with you on that one. Seeing the same strapless wedding dress is getting a bit old. With the many pictures, you do get an idea of the detail in the particular dress. Still not a fan fan but its not bad just her style.And she still looks stunning with the smile, her happy groom and the tiara. That won't change because of the dress.

Glad that the horse is okay. It didn't look too good (the way it was twisted) in the pictures. And you don't want to excite the other horses...that wouldn't be good.

Old 08-27-2011, 09:33 AM
Courtier

Here are some more pics from the wedding.
And I agree the dress was boring. I think the whole wedding was very unspectacular.

BUNTE.de - Leidenschaft für Menschen
Old 08-27-2011, 09:42 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warren View Post
I don't where the Royal Dish poster obtained their so-called information but the Aosta tiara worn by Princess Astrid of Belgium and the wedding tiara worn by Princess Sophie are two completely different items.
I've checked the May 2004 Point de Vue cover story of the wedding of Princess Katharina von Isenburg and Archduke Martin of Austria-Este and her tiara also bears no resemblance whatsoever to the Aosta tiara.

v thumbnail: Princess Astrid, Aosta tiara
v attached images: Princess Sophie, Isenburg tiara
images heavily cropped and not subject to copyright
Information about tiaras often gets messed up. For example rbb mixed up the Isenburg tiara and the Prussian meander tiara. They showed this picture http://inlinethumb11.webshots.com/46...600x600Q85.jpg and said that it had belonged to Georg Friedrich's grandmother and that Sophie was going to wear it for the gala dinner in the evening. Actually the picture shows the Isenburg tiara (and I really wish that the screen shot had a better quality ), which Sophie wore for the wedding service.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:45 AM
Courtier

IMO the bride's dress was awful, but I don't mind since the joy you can see in the couple's faces is enough.
For me, the great thing about this wedding is the crowd of royals that were there.
Sadly the pictures that I've seen till now don't have captions.
Can someone explain me who these people are? [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Old 08-27-2011, 09:47 AM
Heir Presumptive

I really love the dress ! Perfect looking IMO ! They are VERY cute together
Old 08-27-2011, 09:51 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by RubyPrincess168 View Post
I was so confused by this!

Photo from Getty Images
The Hapsburgs look like they are going to a funeral. Or are they still in mourning for Archduke Otto?

Photo from Reuters Pictures
Here's the picture of the downed horse.
I also though that the Habsburg ladies were still in mourning for Archduke Otto. I can see no other reason why both of them would wear black for a wedding. After all it is only a few weeks since the funeral.

Good that the horse was ok. I think it might have tripped because of excitement. These horses aren't used to all the crowds and seemed pretty nervous.
Old 08-27-2011, 09:58 AM
Aristocracy

Were the three children in nautical dress the attendants? There was only one photo of them
Old 08-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tilia C. View Post
I also though that the Habsburg ladies were still in mourning for Archduke Otto. I can see no other reason why both of them would wear black for a wedding. After all it is only a few weeks since the funeral.
Yes, I also noticed that they are in mourning: they both wore black yesterday night and today. And I was wondering: is the rule that don't allow to wear black at weddings that has an exception in case of mourning or is the rule of black dressing during the mourning that has an exception in case of a wedding? Or maybe the rule is that people in mourning are not going to weddings?
Old 08-27-2011, 10:01 AM
Courtier

I don't like the dress too, but they look beautiful together. They seem so much in love.

Old 08-27-2011, 10:03 AM
Courtier

BTW we already have the worst dressed guests: princesses Luisa and Dorothea Orsini d'Aragona here with their brother prince Lelio Nicolo [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
Their style reminds me of the scaring Thurn und Taxis sisters that I was surprised not seeing today.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:08 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
Can someone explain me who these people are? [DNF] Fotoarchief Denieuwsfoto
The four on the left, from the left: Count Rudolf zu Schoenburg-Glauchau, his son Friedrich, his wife Princess Marie Louise von Preussen and their daughter Sophie.

I'm not 100% sure about the other five but I think those are Princess Marie Louise's brother Prince Adalbert of Prussia his wife Eva Maria and their sons Alexander (on the left) and Christian and Philipp on the right (don't ask me who is whom, they are twins and I can't tell them apart)
Old 08-27-2011, 10:09 AM
Heir Apparent

The prince looks soooo in love!

Several other thoughts:

I didn't like Sophie's wedding dress, but did like the tiara and of course the happiness and joy on the couple's faces. Grand Duchess Maria of Russia - her outfit left me speechless, and not in a good way. The picture of the poor horse collapsing/tripping was upsetting and I hope it was alright; this has happened with the carriage horses at New York's Central Park and that's always unsettling to see. And, Warren, thanks for the clarification on the tiaras; that was certainly confusing!
Old 08-27-2011, 10:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by amedea View Post
BTW we already have the worst dressed guests...
My nominee is Maria of Russia.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:26 AM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kasumi View Post
My nominee is Maria of Russia.
..as always:-D I already haven't seen any normal dress on her. Always awful...
Old 08-27-2011, 10:41 AM
Heir Apparent

Quick question: what is the explanation of the double-barreled Imperial and Royal Highness title? Is that because anyone holding that title is a member of both an empire's ruling family/descendants and a royal family? I couldn't really find anything in the "title" thread. Thank you.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:43 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ducii View Post
..as always:-D I already haven't seen any normal dress on her. Always awful...
... she certainly didn't inherit the elegance and sense for fashion which we have seen in her Romanov ancestery. But at least she's always easy to regognize .
Old 08-27-2011, 10:44 AM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baroness of Books View Post
Quick question: what is the explanation of the double-barreled Imperial and Royal Highness title? Is that because anyone holding that title is a member of both an empire's ruling family/descendants and a royal family? I couldn't really find anything in the "title" thread. Thank you.
It's the double style because they used to be both Kings of Prussia and Emperors of Germany.
Old 08-27-2011, 10:51 AM
Nobility

I finally solved the riddle (I created myself) about the women in the lilac dress on the leagl wedding. I was two times wrong but now I have the picture proof:

It's Isabelle of Wied, the sister of the bride:

3rd row of pictures on the right: Die Schne und das Biest konkurrieren im Herbst um den Wahlkreis Neuwied

I'm proud of myself

Tags
hohenzollern, isenburg, prince georg friedrich, princess sophie of prussia, prussia